“Awsome”

Best Western Silver Fox Inn
“Awsome”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

The hotel was really awsome.
The rooms where big and clean.
The sittingroom was very cosy and in the afternoon there was wine,cheese,wraps and little sandwiches.
The staf was very friendly.
The breakfast was the best, there was everything you can wish for. Fresh baked Apple pie, warm eggs, wafels and more.
There where different kinds of Bread and the koffie was great also.
I would certanly come back here and would recommand it to everyone.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Tor B, Owner at Best Western Silver Fox Inn, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Thank you for the nice comments. I'm especially glad you enjoyed our breakfast. My wife, Susan, is a chef and her skill shows in everything she prepares. Our breakfast is legendary in the valley. We are the only property that provides complimentary breakfast seven days a week. We hope to see you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Orford, QC
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Based on the owners hospitality, the very cosy living room and a good breakfast room, I do not hesitate to say this is a nice place to stay in that region.

We where there off-season in May just to pause on our way back in Québec. I say it is a good place to pause because the atmosphere created by the owners is that of a home, and we felt just like it in the cosy living room.

Even if it was off-season and there were just two room rented, the breakfast offered was varied and excellent (we felt bad not eating everything that was offered), the bicycle were out to be used, and there was an excellent restaurant at a walking distance.

And we were offered wine and cheese on arrival... I told you the owners are very hospitable.

Bernard

Room Tip: Do not look for luxury there, but a cosy place.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
torze, Owner at Best Western Silver Fox Inn, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
You discovered one of the most wonderful things about Waterville Valley; the off-season. Without the throngs of vacationers the valley is still beautiful but so peaceful. Thank you, too, for commenting on Chef Susan's wonderful breakfast which is prepared fresh every day regardless of the number of guests.
Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

I travel to the Silver Fox Inn at least once a year to attend a quilting retreat. The accommodations are always top notch. Every member of the staff is courteous and helpful, particularly after I thought I lost a piece of jewelry during my last stay. They searched my room and called me back within 20 minutes. The meals cooked by Susan are some of the best I have ever had. The atmosphere is very relaxed and I always feel that I am at home when I visit.

• Stayed May 2013
Thank you very much! We are always glad to see you at the Inn. Thanks for the kind words about Susan, my partner, chef and, oh yes, my wonderful wife! Her many years as a chef is a wonderful asset. Even our free, morning breakfast has a little something extra thanks to Susan. We'll see you next year.
Fitchburg, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I host retreats twice a year at the Inn and could not be happier with the facility, accommodations and meals. The event room on the fourth floor is spacious, well lit and private. The rooms are very clean and beds comfortable. The meals cooked by chef Susan can not be topped by a 5 star restaurant. All of my attendees dream about the meals until the next retreat. The staff are friendly and most accommodating. I would highly recommend the Inn for any type of group retreat or meeting.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your wonderful review. We always enjoy your groups and look forward to seeing you again soon.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 23, 2013

The hotel was comfortable, the staff very friendly and helpful and the room and bed comfortable - except for the top sheet which felt 'pilly', but it was just the embroidered pattern on the material.
This is in the resort of Waterville Valley and out of season (mid May) there is not much choice of where to eat, so we checked in and had a 40 mile round trip to Plymouth to buy some supplies. The room had no fridge or microwave, so we didn't get a much needed warm meal that evening. This was made worse by the smell of the dinner that had been cooked on site for a group of quilters on retreat!
Breakfast was good as there was some pie and apple bread pudding - presumably from the quilters' evening meal. Strangely the scrambled eggs were very pale and looked as if they had been made with powdered egg! The black bread didn't pass European muster as it was too light and fluffy, but if this is the worst one can say about a stay it shows how good the rest of the offer is at this comfortable hotel.

torze, Owner at Best Western Silver Fox Inn, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Thank you for staying with us. I am sorry the black bread didn't pass muster but I want to assure you that we never...and have never....use powdered eggs. It was probably some sort of souffle that my wife, a chef, often whips up for breakfast. We hope you come visit us again if you find yourself this side of the pond.
uk
Reviewed May 1, 2013

As hoteliers ourselves we know when a hotel is going to be good ,we can assure all future guests that this is a well run, hospitable comfortable hotel. We had a well proportioned room ,cheerful ,well maintained , welcoming and clean. The quality of sleep was excellent as the high quality matress was comfortable and supportive. Good bathroom with a recently refurbished granite surface, shower was excellent.
The hospitality of the owners was exemplary and we thank them for thier generosity towards us.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Comments coming from someone "in the business" mean a great deal. Thank you! I hope you enjoyed the remainder of your stay in the states.
Concord, MA USA
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We really liked our stay - could cross-country ski practically out the door. The breakfast was way more than the continental listed - yummy too. The view of the mountains was breathtaking. Only concern was that the hallways had a slight cleaning smell. Maybe wouldn't have that another time. We'd go back - very reasonable rates too!

Room Tip: Ask for a mountain view room
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us and thank you for taking time to share your experience with others. Since we're in the heart of the valley there are views from every room and there's a mountain in every view. You probably had a room facing Mount Osceola. It is a popular photo subject for many who stay in the valley. Thank you, also, for speaking so highly of our breakfast. You're right that it is way more than a continental breakfast. My wife and partner Susan, is a chef and considerable care and creativity goes into every breakfast. The Silver Fox is, I believe, the only lodging in all of Waterville Valley that has a free breakfast every day of the year which make the value even greater. We hope to see you again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waterville Valley
Village Of Loon Mountain
Village Of Loon Mountain
#10 of 20 in Lincoln
Best Western White Mountain Inn

Been to Best Western Silver Fox Inn? Share your experiences!