“Can't wait to go back!”

Waterville Valley Resort - Ski Area
More attraction details
Owner description: Year-round recreation area offering skiing and snowboarding in the winter, plus hiking, golfing and biking during the warmer months.
Reviewed January 21, 2013

We skied MLK weekend and were worried about crowds and long lift lines but to our surprise it was crowded but the lift lines ran quite smooth. We did not have to wait that long. All the staff were friendly and most skiers were quite courteous. We ended the day with $4 coronas at Buckets listening to great acoustic music. I love the way Waterville is nestled in the White Mountains and the condos are away from the resort and dont spoil the view. That mountain had great vibes!

There are newer reviews for Waterville Valley Resort - Ski Area

Reviewed January 17, 2013

We spent a Tuesday at Waterville. I decided to take advantage of a group lesson with hopes that I would end up being the only person in the class. it worked. I am an advanced skier and was looking to refine my technique to be able to carve on the steeps. I had a great instructor (Lindy). It was by far the best lesson I have ever had. I should note that I do take at least one lesson each year. I would recommend this instructor to anyone looking to take the next step in their skiing.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Day trip there yesterday, snow was slushy and had done most runs by lunchtime. I too though further than expected and would look to Sunapee for a day out in the future. Waterville does have the town and the lifts are good with variety of runs. Afew narrow ones/nbottle necks that can be a little busy..glad I've ticked it off with my kids, but will continue working my way around other resorts in future.Mif the cloud had lifted I'm sure the views from the mountain restaurants would be fantastic, His would be an added benefit of Waterville over Sunapee..

1  Thank MrWiz1
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We had an awesome time at Waterville Valley. It was easy to find, nice drop off area, and they offer shuttle services to local hotels. There are many different trials to chose from, each ranging in difficulty from beginner to advance. The lodge is kept very clean and has a huge fire place. Fod is good but expensive. We can't wait to return.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

My husband, 2 young daughters, my brother, and my parents and I all went skiing at Waterville Valley on New Years Eve. Despite the cold temps and the winds, it was overall really good conditions. As a kid my family and I went here quite often and we have started brining my kids here now as well. This is a great, family friendly ski resort that has lessons for kids and adults, all day kids camp, rentals, and trails for all ability levels. I was disappointed that the lift lines were not better managed, especially "quadzilla", where most of the beginner skiiers were located. It is frustrating enough to have 2 young kids with you trying to teach them to ski, but when the lift lines are a mess and no one is there directing traffic trying to put everyone into a "quad" to maximize the lift capacity it is very maddening! It kills me to see all of the lift attendants more concerned about scanning your lift ticket than maximizing the lines. I mentioned it to them several times that it would be a better use of their time to teach the beginner skiiers in line how to make a quad rahter than letting double and triples go on the chair, but no one seemed to care. This made our wait in line much longer than necessary!