“Looking forward to my next visit”
Review of Black Bear Lodge

Black Bear Lodge
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Black Bear Lodge was the setting for our first family reunion and what a great choice it was. The property itself was delightful with breathtaking views. Accommodations were very good and the service was excellent. We rented three units to accommodate our 13 guests. The lodge is located a stones throw from the town village where most of the attractions are located. The price of the lodge includes a pass to use all the attractions in town center. If you are looking for a true getaway to relax and reconnect, this is the place to go.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Matt H, General Manager at Black Bear Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Thank you so much taking the time to write this wonderful review. I'm thrilled to hear that we met the needs of your family reunion. We hope every guest finds time to relax and reconnect while they're with us. I'm glad you and your family found your time to do so. Thank you for recommending us. We will look forward to another visit from your family very soon. Please let myself or anyone know if we can assist you for your next visit.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

We had a great stay. Clean rooms and friendly front desk staff. Our tv and room phone was not working and we went and to the front desk and a young man named Tim helped us so promptly and efficiently . Very relaxing time of year with the beautiful foliage and grand view of the mountains...

• Stayed: October 2013

Foliage season is an incredible time of year in Waterville Valley. I'm so glad you enjoyed it and where able to relax. Tim is a great member of our team. Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know how helpful he was. We hope to see you again soon.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Waterville Valley is a very upscale place to visit. The black bear lodge staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The suite 420 was clean and very comfortable for the three of us. We took our granddaughter.

We had been there years ago with our children and completely enjoyed our stay.

The stay 3 nights for the price for two was a decent deal. The only confusion was how this was presented on their website.

We plan to return some time again in the future

Room Tip: They are almost complete with renovations of all their rentable rooms. Make sure your request such
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Matt H, General Manager at Black Bear Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Frank,
Thank you very much for your great review. That is a great unit. I'm glad you and your family have continued to enjoy the Black Bear Lodge and Waterville Valley over the years. I'm terribly sorry the verbiage on the website was confusing. It was not my intention to confuse anyone. Your input will help me to do a better job in the future. Thanks for the help. I hope to see you at Black Bear Lodge again very soon.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

We were here for a hockey tournament. The rooms were spacious and had everything we needed. I'm not sure how updated the room was? Kitchen chairs were outdated. Bathroom tub was could have used a better scrubbing. But other than that, it worked fine for us. My only complaint would be the pool! Its odd, tiny?? It's about the size of an inground pool at a home. Half of the pool is outside and half inside. I've never seen anything like it before. We went to the Athletic Club so I kids could swim in a bigger pool. And that it was. Olympic size and clean ! The front desk was accomodating to us since hockey tournaments & families can be overwhelming. Overall the hotel was fine. It is in a great spot adjacent to everything. I would stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for taking the time for your review. We have addressed the concerns you shared with us. Thank you for your input. We are working with owners to continue updating their units. I'm glad you had a good time and that the staff was accommodating to your needs. Please let me know if we may do anything to serve you and your family for your next visit. We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed October 19, 2013

The room was outdated and the furniture needs to be replaced. The tub was dirty and the appliances also need to be updated. The staff was friendly and the grounds were nice, there is a lot do do within walking distance. I would try another resort but I will not stay at the BB lodge again.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Matt H, General Manager at Black Bear Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2013

Edgar,
I am so terribly sorry that we did not meet your expectations during your visit to Black Bear Lodge. Each of our units are individually owned and therefore are all very different and unfortunately at different stages in updating. While we have more updated rooms now than non-updated, we still have some work to do. Thank you for taking the time to write this review. It will help our efforts to work with owners to make each guest experience a cherished memory. I apologize for not being able to provide you with a unit that met your needs. Your experience is not acceptable to our service or product standards. I am confident that we have other rooms that would surpass your expectations. I would like to ask you to grant us another opportunity to serve you and your family. Please contact me directly to discuss further, 603-236-4501.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

I have been coming here since my children were small. It's a great family getaway with lots to do. I now get to enjoy it with our grandchildren and experience the adventures of hiking and biking with them.
The rooms are clean and comfortable and the staff wonderful.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you so much for your continued visits to Black Bear Lodge over the years. We love to hear about families making us a part of their traditions. Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. Please let us know if we can assist you in any way for your next visit.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

If it were not for housekeeping throwing out a $800- retainer it would have been a much better trip. Beautiful facility with lots to do. Friendly staff, Very nice sized rooms and tastefully decorated. Called to have staff go up to room and get retainer but they apparently had cleaned room 404 already and the Retainer was thrown in garbage. Made for an even more expensive trip than planned.

Michelle,
I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay and your room and equally disappointed that it was tainted by the loss of the costly retainer. As I dug into the situation I learned that it was mixed in with trash items so housekeeping was unaware that a retainer was in the mix. I am so sorry for that incredible inconvenience. Our Housekeeping Manager was planning to contact you to discuss further. I hope we get the opportunity to serve you and your family again soon. Thank you for taking the time to write this review.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Waterville Valley
#1 of 5 in Waterville Valley
Nordic Village Resort
Nordic Village Resort
#4 of 12 in Bartlett

Been to Black Bear Lodge? Share your experiences!