Spent three nights here and felt it was a good value for the money. Nothing new, fancy or upscale about it, but we were comfortable and our room was quite clean. Kitchen had pretty much all the amenities we needed for making breakfast and evening snacks. Furnishings are pretty dated, including the TVs, but perfectly functional. I will say that one issue was that there was not really a "comfortable" chair in the living room to watch TV.....my husband and I tried to strectch out opposite ways on the couch w/some success while my son laid on the floor. It was OK but definitely not a squishy/soft couch. Beds were comfortable. Front desk staff are very friendly and helpful as are the housekeepers. Plenty ot towels and linens provided. Great location in terms of short walk to town center to restaurants and shops, and, shuttle bus to the mountain picked us up just out front. Was great to get our ski passes at the desk and with discount. Nice to have no need to get in our vehicle for the three days we were there. Pool is small....best for younger children it seems. Our only complaint about the pool was that our room, being on the back of the building, picked up a great deal of noise from the outdoor portion of the pool as we watched TV in the evening even with the windows closed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the heart of the White Mountains in picturesque Waterville Valley Resort, the Black Bear Lodge is a family friendly, well appointed all suite hotel with one bedroom condominiums. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Groupon, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Black Bear Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Black Bear Hotel Waterville Valley
- Black Bear Waterville Valley