This was our second stay at BBL. We brought my mother-in-law up from FL for her 90th birthday the first week of October. She loves the mountains and never gets to see the fall foliage, and Black Bear Lodge was the perfect place to for a quiet getaway. We rented a condo for a week and "Charlie" made sure we had a great view for the special occasion. The lodge is nestled between the mountains, just far enough away from the heart of the resort for peace and quiet, but close enough to the convenience to walk or take the free shuttle. The resort has dining that ranges from take out to white table linens. There is shopping, a spa, and a small lake for kayaking or canoeing and swimming. We spent a rainy day just relaxing in the condo and cooking meals together. The lodge has an indoor/outdoor pool and we used the workout facility. There is no restaurant in the building, but the kitchen is fully equipped, and there is a general store in the resort.
We have already recommended Black Bear Lodge to others. Next visit, we hope to see a moose!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the heart of the White Mountains in picturesque Waterville Valley Resort, the Black Bear Lodge is a family friendly, well appointed all suite hotel with one bedroom condominiums. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia and Agoda so you can book your Black Bear Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Black Bear Hotel Waterville Valley
- Black Bear Waterville Valley