My two boys and I stayed two nights while up with other families from our youth hockey team attending a tournament.
The Black Bear was clean, if a bit worn. The staff were very friendly and helpful. It is well-located and just a short walk from the Town Square where there are many restaurants, shops and services. Our room was pleasant, in a rustic sort of way. Had we stayed longer, we would have more fully utilized the kitchenette.
I did feel that the prices were on the high side for the level of property, but, hey, it is ski season.
Overall, The Black Bear was perfect for our purposes on this trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the heart of the White Mountains in picturesque Waterville Valley Resort, the Black Bear Lodge is a family friendly, well appointed all suite hotel with one bedroom condominiums. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Black Bear Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Black Bear Hotel Waterville Valley
- Black Bear Waterville Valley