“Try their Saturday morning special omelet”

The School House Cafe
Ranked #2 of 10 Restaurants in Warner
Cuisines: American
Fulltime RVers
“Try their Saturday morning special omelet”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I discovered that the special omelet on Saturday morning is leftovers from what they served on Friday night. This gives rise to some omelets that you would not usually find on a menu. Try Chili Omelet - it is tasty! How about a Barbequed Pork Omelet - won't find better! Many of their omelets use Boursin cheese, which is not one I would usually think to have in an omelet, but it is a great ingredient.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank David V

NH
“One of my favorites”
Reviewed April 14, 2014

I love this place. We go there frequently for breakfast. It's a quintessential New England dinner/breakfast place. The staff is nice. On the weekends, the wait can be long, but most time, can be seated pretty quickly. They have the biggest pancakes ever. Don't order two because I can't barely finish one. They are always served with real maple syrup. It bugs me to go to breakfast place up at New England where they charge extra for real maple syrup. The bacons are yummy. And if you ever get the breakfast plate, order side of cinnamon bread with it. They are home made and just excellent. Last time I was there, I ate fried stuffed french toast. OMG. It's soo not good for you, but it was just sinfully good. Also I have eaten from their lunch menu also and they are good also. if you are near, definitely stop by.
One thing, they only take cash$$.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank mjczoey
“Average”
Reviewed April 3, 2014 via mobile

Food was good but it took almost an hour from the time we ordered to get our food. And we ordered an omelet and one scrambled egg. So excuse for that kind of wait. We live a half mile away and this could have been a great weekend breakfast place but we'll stick with the Foothills in Warner.

1 Thank Dawn H
Warner, New Hampshire
“A Little Jewel”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

The Schoolhouse Cafe is a small, relatively new, country eatery serving breakfast, lunch until 2 PM, and takeout packaged meals through late afternoon. Two sisters with extensive background in restaurants and catering run the show and have developed quite a following with a recipe for excellent food, reasonable pricing, friendly efficient service, and clean facilities.
My friend ordered the stuffed French toast with a verdict of delicious, while I had one raspberry pancake which, trust me, is more than enough for most folks, and it was wonderful (real maple syrup too).
I belong to an exercise class in Bradford NH and we usually do a restaurant review about every six months of the Sunapee area: the Schoolhouse has vaulted to the top of our list as best in its category.
It is also easy to find at exit 7 off Route 89, just a quarter mile off the ramp in the tiny village of Davisville. It is particularly convenient to skiers and those traveling to Lake and Mount Sunapee.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank john w
Rindge, New Hampshire
“Wonderful food and atmosphere”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

We happened upon this quaint cafe as we were touring the back roads of New Hampshire one cold winter day. Even at 2:00 in the afternoon every table was occupied but we were greeted warmly and a table opened up within a few minutes. Our party of four ordered breakfast and lunch items and everyone was pleased with their food. Obviously a popular stop on snowmobile trails in the area. We would definitely recommend a stop here at any time of day!

• Visited March 2014