“A wonderful, friendly country inn”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Walpole
Inn at Valley Farms
Ranked #1 of 4 Walpole B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed September 15, 2008

The Inn at Valley Farms is a magical place - we stayed two nights while attending a wedding across the street at Alyson's Orchard and loved both the inn and the orchard. We stayed in the Bellow Cottage, which comfortably sleeps five people, and we felt at home right away.

Jackie is a wonderful host, and she brings a basket of eggs and baked goods to the door each morning - we then picked some veggies from the garden and cooked ourselves a true farm breakfast. (I think people staying in the main house get a traditional B&B breakfast with their room).

And the hike behind the farmhouse is beautiful, a perfect afternoon walk through the woods.

Our only complaint was that the Bellows Cottage felt a bit stuffy and musty - it just needed to be aired out a bit more often, nothing drastic and not oppressive or anything...

The town of Walpole is super cute too. Try Burdick's chocolates.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family

Reviewed June 14, 2008

After reading all the glowing reviews, this place was definitely not what we expected. The room, while decorated in charming antiques, was stuffy, as though closed too long for the winter. We found hair in the sink, a personal peeve. The food was banal, right out of the standard cookbook for B & Bs but nicely presented.
The "innkeeper" seemed overwhelmed by something, making us feel as though she had more important things on her mind. The grounds are in a state of disrepair and there were numerous loud children playing about. We did have a scenic drive, past a filthy farm, to the little town center, where there really is nothing to do but visit an overpriced chocolate store. On a previous trip, we found Peterborough, NH infinitely more interesting and would recommend a visit there instead.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Snoseeker
Reviewed October 31, 2007

Hospitality is the key at the Inn at Valley Farms in the lovely town of Walpole, New Hampshire. For our first stay, we chose the main house, which dates back to the 18th century. For our second, we chose one of the cottages, which is well-suited to a longer stay. Both proved to be extremely comfortable (good night's sleep in both), but each setting has its own charms. The breakfasts and home-baked pastries are outstanding. We've already booked our third stay for 2008.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 3, 2007

I just completed my third stay to this wonderful hidden gem and I cannot rave about it enough! My oldest daughter, her husband and I came up (again) for a "mini-vacation", and had a wonderful time! We absolutely love the ambiance, character and quietness of the Inn - Jackie is the penultimate hostess, who makes you feel as though you're old friends - her graciousness has yet to be topped in my book (and I've stayed in other very nice B&B's). The area is just beautiful - we love the orchards across the street, and antique hunting is at its best in the area (bargains abound - there are so many, many places to look!). Driving to other towns is easy, since it seems that all roads lead to Keene! Walpole itself is a pretty little town - Burdick's has wonderful chocolates (we have yet to eat there - next time for sure), and the Walpole Grocery has some really wonderful items that I haven't seen. We also want to try the Walpole Inn, but again, the next time we come (and there WILL be a next time), we will go there.

Of course, the BREAKFASTS are to die for!!! We were always amazed at the variety of dishes every time we visited (thinking, "she can't possibly top that!" but, yes, she can!), though Jackie will honor requests for favorites, like her poached pears in maple syrup with fresh cream (my son-in-law's favorite!). Delicious, delicious, delicious!!! I want to bring my whole family up, so they can experience the splendor of this totally relaxing, welcoming Inn, perhaps even renting the whole house out for the holidays. I am definitely a regular!

Stayed: September 2007
2  Thank g33k7
Reviewed October 2, 2007

I agree with all the positive remarks about this lovely Inn, the innkeeper as well as the self catering accommodation, but wanted to add a note espcially for long distance travellers. We stayed in the new cottage "Sunnyside". This place is perfect if you are flying to New England. All the things you really don't want to have to pack or buy are provided -- kitchen, bathroom, and laundry room products included. If you stay a few days you will have use of a washer,drier and iron, which also means less to pack. We have checked just about all the holiday rental properties in this Vermont - New Hampshire area and there is nowhere like it. Cable televsion and broadband internet are here for those want to feel as comfortable and connected as they would be at home. The village market has excellent produce and Burdicks has a really nice restaurant. Ideal.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled on business
2  Thank Macnag
Reviewed September 22, 2007

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Inn at Valley Farms. Our room was charming and very clean. There was ample space to relax in various public rooms and outdoor spaces. Sunday's gourmet breakfast was made with local produce and was just scrumptious. We would recommend this inn to anyone looking for a quiet getaway!

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LohmeyerL
Reviewed September 10, 2007

My husband and I had a wonderful stay at the Inn at Valley Farms. This was our second time at the Inn. Our first visit we loved it so much, we had to come back. On our first stay I even left with a granola recipe that I still make today – it is one of the best granolas I’ve ever eaten and a staple breakfast for my husband. As we thought on our first visit, the Inn is absolutely stunning and in a class by itself. We’ve stayed in several B&Bs in the area and even in California's Napa Valley, and although they were all nice, they just don’t even come close to what the Inn at Valley Farms has to offer. The farm is a beautiful place with perennial flowers, an herb garden and a large patio with places to sit and enjoy a bottle of wine or just read a book. It is quite a romantic setting. We both felt completely relaxed and pampered during our stay. The owner, Jackie, is a wonderful host. The breakfasts were delicious and every day we thought Jackie couldn’t possibly top what she served to us that day but amazingly she was full of surprises. This stay was a rest before my husband was to do his ½ ironman. He was so concerned about how he was eating and that he had the proper nutrition before the race that Jackie even gave us a “to go” bag of her granola (one of my husband’s favorite things to eat before a race). He did an amazing job on his race and even he said Jackie’s granola was just what he needed. We truly felt that we were there visiting a friend, not just a guest – this was even more so apparent when we both received hugs goodbye and my husband received a good luck on his race. I can’t even say enough how wonderful of a place this is. If you plan a visit to this area, this is a must stay!

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mrpsam

Been to Inn at Valley Farms? Share your experiences!