“Chocolate is to die for!”

The Restaurant at Burdick's
Ranked #1 of 13 Restaurants in Walpole
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Full Service French Inspired Bistro. Serving Cuisine inspired by the season. Proudly sourcing local ingredients and minimally manipulating them to allow them to shine as they are.
Portland, Oregon
“Chocolate is to die for!”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

We came across this place on our visit to Walpole NH to go to the Walpole Mountain View Winery. With your chocolate, and their delicious wine, we were in heaven!

Visited September 2012

Hanoi, Vietnam
“A northern New England jewel”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

L.A. Burdick is in the heart of the classically picturesque New Hampshire village of Walpole in the Connecticut River Valley, just across the river and slightly downstream from Bellows Falls, Vermont. Located on Main Street in the heart of the village, the restaurant offers wonderful choices, always fresh, with a menu that changes daily depending on availabilities from local and regional markets. We enjoyed a haddock special the night we were there, but also available were lamb and beef stews, pasta entrees, steaks and chops, and more. The salads were especially good, as was the perfectly prepared fresh asparagus. On the same premises is the L.A. Burdick chocolate shop, with a fascinating selection of scrumptious offerings made on the premises. Chocolate also dominates the mouthwatering dessert menu. Prices are metropolitan but well worth paying for food that rivals the best Boston and New York have to offer.

• Visited March 2013
New York City, New York
“Do not leave before trying the hot chocolate”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We live near the Burdick Chocolate store in NY, so knew it made quality product. We were pleasantly surprised to find a restaurant attached to the main store in Walpole, NH. The ricotta cavatelli I had for lunch was excellent but the real aha! was the hot chocolate at the end. There are many to choose from, and their descriptions read like a fine wine list. I settled on the Peru, a robust, peppery flavor--and savored every drop in the frustratingly small cup.

My advice: skip the food and get your fill of the chocolate! You only live once!

• Visited March 2013
“What a gem”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

My wife and I were staying in nearby Keene and decided to take the short ride this past weekend up to Walpole, and we are both so glad we did. Everything about Burdick's is excellent. I wish I could remember the name of our bartender/server, because she was fantastic. Her recommendations, service, friendly smile, and the chocolate samples she gave us made our lunch more than enjoyable.

I would recommend this little gem even if it meant traveling an hour to get to it!

Henniker, New Hampshire
“Unexpected and pleasant dining experience!”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

We stopped in at "The Restaurant" (part of L.A. Burdick's Chocolate shop) at about 3pm on a Sunday. This was before dinner hours so we were told we could order from the Bistro menu, which had a limited number of selections but did have some interesting items so we decided to give it a try. Glad we did! I had the Blue Cheese Salad (with walnuts, beets, mixed organic greens) followed by Steak Frites. The fryolator was down so I had the whipped potatoes instead of the Frites (french fries). My wife had the Warm Goat Cheese salad (watercress and endive greens, walnuts, and a warmed soft goat cheese patty drizzled with honey). We split a Chimay Premiere beer (served in 24 oz bottle). The food was excellent!! We followed with espressos and desserts: Creme Brule, garnished with sliced strawberries and blackberries for me, a chocolate cake with almonds for my darling spouse.

Our server was attentive and did not rush us. I thought the prices ran a bit higher than one might find elsewhere (our total bill with tip was $81), but reasonable and an unexpectedly nice meal! We will certainly be returning to sample other items on the menu!

• Visited February 2013