“Chocolate!”

Ranked #1 of 14 Restaurants in Walpole
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Full Service French Inspired Bistro. Serving Cuisine inspired by the season. Proudly sourcing local ingredients and minimally manipulating them to allow them to shine as they are.
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Anythign and everything chocolate is here - lunch time menus are gret but a little on the expensive side - but the chocolate is the best! I do all my easter candy shopping her and head over in the winter for their hot chocolate drink.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

We were taken to this wonderful restaurant as part of our wedding gift weekend with relatives and everything was superb. The restaurant has great service and the staff was very attentive. I typically do not order chicken when I go out to eat but the herb roasted chicken was out of this world. If you are in or around Walpole, NH, by all means go to L.A. Burdick for a meal, I strongly recommend it.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

My son suggested tL.A. Burdick on our recent trip to visit him in Keene. t was a great idea. Delicious food and such a cozy atmosphere! Will definiteley go back!

Reviewed August 7, 2012

On af Friday afternoon driving from a conference in Vermont back home to Boston, Burdick's was strongly recommended by some good friends. Of course, I know their chocolates well from their store in Harvard Sq -- the best in the Boston area. But I had never realized they had a restaurant in Vermont (close to the the place they make their chocolate). What a wonderful lunch we had! Impeccably fresh ingredients, avery sophisticated menu, with many daily specials that are responsive to the season, and a well trained wait staff. Loved it. Apologies Vermont, but it was a completely unexpected delight in that area. Worth going out of your way for if your are traveling anywhere near there. And what do I mean by and unexpected delight and more? The hostess, Sally, graciously offered to plug in my verizon wireless device. I had forgotten to recharge it and only after a wonderful lunch and an hours drive south, did I remember it!. After a distressed phone call, Sally, sweet Sally, packed it up and sent it on to me in Cambridge. Thank you Sally! In two years time, when the conference repeats, as it regularly does in Vermont, I'll be back,. Meanwhile I'll spread the word!

Reviewed July 31, 2012

Thank goodness L.A. Burdick isn't closer to where I live or I'd be broke.

This is a bistro featuring proper, authentic bistro food in the small town of Walpole. They have reliable pommes frites, know how to make an omelet (French-style, not American style), and don't shy away from rabbit, liver, or charcuterie. They have a good, varied cheese board. The wine list is appropriate to the food and has options that aren't ridiculously-priced. The emphasis appears to be on freshness, flavor, and consistency rather than on frou-frou "creativity" for its own sake, though presentation is quite attractive. I can bring anyone here with confidence they'll find something they love.

The amazing chocolate doesn't hurt a thing, either.

1  Thank Mark S