“The perfect place for our family reunion” 5 of 5 bubbles

Alyson's Orchard
Ranked #2 of 12 things to do in Walpole
VT
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The perfect place for our family reunion”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2014

My family has been getting together to celebrate the New Year for over 25 years. It's always a great challenge to find the right spot to spend 3 days, especially now that there are over 30 of us participating! This year I was lucky enough to find Alyson's Orchard. We rented all 3 lodging units, so there was enough room for all 34 of us, and we stayed for 3 nights. Everyone loved it!! (Can you imagine that much agreement in a family?) Indoors it was comfortable and warm, and outdoors there was sledding for the kids and beautiful walks for the adults. It really was perfect, and we have already reserved for New Year's 2013/14.

Visited December 2013

Canberra, Australia
“June Wedding at Alyson's”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

I had my wedding at Alyson’s Orchard in June 2013. I am a former NH resident currently living in Australia, so it was definitely a destination wedding for my bride and myself. I scoured the internet for a suitable location for our wedding ceremony, and came across this lovely orchard. Alyson’s had everything I was after - stunning views, it was in a small town, it was quiet, and it was supportive of same-sex couples (this is very important, as I wanted to feel comfortable in knowing that they would do their best to help me with the wedding planning). I sent in an enquiry and shortly afterwards was contacted by the lovely Fran Imhoff - a woman who can make anything work, no matter the time crunch - she even found me a professional hairstylist in less than a month when mine fell through! I can’t say enough about all the help she gave me, as she was not only the events coordinator, but also my American Liaison. She knew all of the vendors I needed to contact, and often did the contacting herself. She is a sweet, lovely, caring, and understanding woman. Fran is one of the major reasons why going with Alyson’s for our wedding was such an easy decision. I highly recommend Alyson’s Orchard, not only for weddings, but for lodging as well. We stayed in the West Wing Farmhouse - very clean, beautiful, and rustic. All the staff I dealt with were professional and they really cared about us. Really, I felt like we were a part of a family.

Visited June 2013
New London, New Hampshire, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Our AMAZING wedding day at Alyson's Orchard!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

We are so blessed to have had our wedding and start our marriage at Alyson’s Orchard. Alyson’s is one of our favorite places for so many reasons... since Josh and I have been together, we have always come here to go apple picking, blueberry picking and to get our pumpkins! We chose Alyson’s, because we want to be able to bring our children to do all of these fun family outings to where mommy and daddy got married! It is the most beautiful and natural place, I couldn’t imagine getting married at any other place. Due to an unfortunate family circumstance my husband and I decided to get married as soon as possible and Fran pulled all the tricks out of her bag and made it happen! We planned from start to finish a beautiful, traditional wedding in 3 months and we could not have done it without Fran’s knowledge, creative ideas, and willingness to help! She walked us through the entire process and kept us on track. Fran was such a big part of our day and made sure it was perfect and seamless! There was no stress through the process or on the big day!!! She was reassuring and took care of the little things that needed that extra attention! We had a gorgeous outdoor ceremony overlooking the beautiful hillsides of Walpole and took beautiful pictures in the orchard with the white blossoms in the background! We even took some silly picture down near the dock before the rain started. We had the most perfect day and I wish we could relive it each day! We cannot thank Fran enough for her assistance and support during the process of the wedding!!! Thanks to Fran and Alyson’s all of our family members were able to attend our special day, which is something that will stay with my husband and I forever! Thank You ALYSONS AND FRAN for making our Dream Wedding come true!!!

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Taryn J
Farmingdale, New York
67 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Great peaches great views”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

We were staying at the nearby Inn at Valley Farms and walked up the hill to the Orchards. The kids loved the pick your own blueberries, peaches and plums. The kids also enjoyed the playground and the baby goats. The adults enjoyed the shop and the great views of Vermont and New Hamphire. Friendly happy staff was a bonus!

Visited August 2013
Keene, New Hampshire
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Peaches at Alyson's”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

Over the years I have been to the orchard to purchase apples, squashes, peaches. The fruits and vegetables are good, but there is a very rude female cashier at the inside register. I won't go back now.

Visited August 2013
AlysonsOrchard, Operations Manager at Alyson's Orchard, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
I am so sorry to hear of your poor experience recently at Alyson's Orchard. We have always strived to have helpful and curtious staff memebers. If you wouldn't mind sharing with me your date and time of your visit so that I may handle this situation accordingly. I really do hope that you would reconsider your decision to not visit the Orchard again. It's as you already know a very special and beautiful place that we want everyone to enjoy. Please if you wouldn't mind respond to me via email and I can assure you this will be looked into. If you should happen to visit again, say hello. I am always there.
My email is melissa@alysonsorchard.com
Many thanks for your taking the time to write the review. Feedback is the best way for us to improve our services.