“Campground with class!!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Twin Mountain
Crawford Notch General Store and Campground
Reviewed August 27, 2007

Let me start by telling you that the thing that originally got me interested in this campground was their wonderful web site.When my husband and I decided to go camping in the White Mountains of New Hampshire , I started doing my research on the computer. I feel so lucky to have found this wonderful campgrounds web site. It gave very accurate information about their property and its surrounding areas. What really sold me was that they had a campground map with all the numbered sites, you could click on the particular site number and an actual picture of the site came on the screen. My husband and I chose a beautiful site. When we arrived we were so taken back by the extreme beauty, cleanliness, well stocked country camp store and most important of all, the genuine friendliness, helpfulness, and all around warm welcoming feeling we got from the owners and all their workers. They were always there to help if you needed directions to get to one of the many natural or roadside attractions in the area. They knew the quickest or the most scenic ways to get there,....which ever you preferred. The location of the campsite is right in the Crawford Notch, and couldn't be better for sightseeing. Most every attraction is about a half hour away in one direction or another. The campground itself sits right on the Saco river. You can swim in the river. (be warned!!....the water is cold , but refreshing). Lots of chipmunks roam the campground. We loved seeing these cute little guys. Keep in mind you are in bear country.You must put your food in the car at night, and the campground has reminders of this posted everywhere. The bathrooms were very clean and the metered showers nice and hot. My husband loved the campstore coffee. Every morning and some evenings, he would make a point of stopping for a cup, and a little conversation. The owners were always interested in what we did that day, or what we had planned for the following day. One night we had a camper malfunction and needed some electrical tape to help remedy it. My husband went up to the campstore to see if they had some to buy. One of the owners went into action and brought us a piece of electrical tape from his shed , and offered to charge our pop-up trailer battery for us. We were so impressed with his willingness to help. If you are planning a camping trip to The White mountains in New Hampshire please give this campground a try, We know there are alot of campgrounds to choose from in this area, but we promise you won't be disappointed.

5  Thank anyexcusetovacation
There are newer reviews for Crawford Notch General Store and Campground

Reviewed August 19, 2007

have been going to this campground everyyear for the past several. Nice sites and good location. However, this year the out of a group of 6, 4 of us showed up late due to traffic. We didn't arrive til just after 11:00pm. We had our sister who arrived earlier meet us at the gate to open it and let us in, as there was no one in the office at that time. This presented a major problem and chip on the shoulder of the owner. We are talking about a gate like that of a toll both. He was pissed we "Circumvented his system and procedures" as he reprimanded us in a crowded general store the next morning. Additionally he took issue with the fact the when one of our cars is locked by pressing the lock button, the car will beep once (the horn). We did this once, to lock the car before we went to bed that night. This was a major issue for the owner, Marvin, as he just couldn't comprehend this and further reprimanded us in the general store. Again, we have been going here for years and in the past I have recommend friends, but no more. This guys was extremely rude, unprofessional and as far from courteous as one could be. He forgets who the customer is and how is bills are being paid.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
10  Thank oxfield1
Reviewed June 29, 2006

I recommend this site for camping to anyone. We were in a tent, and I've heard several RVers say the same comments - good sites, great washrooms, pretty location, beautifully kept grounds, family-owned and run, friendly staff, and DOG - FRIENDLY.

We stayed June 17 for three nights in lot #1. Fabulous site with rolling sounds of the Saco River. Close to the Highway but the river blocked out most sounds. Must pack into this particular site as lots 1-4 are slightly removed from the other areas - common parking lot nearby - 200 yards walk to lot 1.

Swimming holes were lovely (cold in June) and we could walk the River for miles as it is mostly shallow. Showers use quarters and can be annoying if they shut off before you are done, but at least it respects the environment by forcing to limit water usage.
Lovely trails to walk. Close to everything nearby in the White Mountains, and Crawford Notch State Park is just up the highway. Perfect for the fairly quiet camper or groups of campers who want a stunning location in the mountains with water right at your tentstep.

I'd definitely return!

#4 of 12 in Bartlett
Attitash Motel
Attitash Motel
#10 of 12 in Bartlett

Been to Crawford Notch General Store and Campground? Share your experiences!