Book In Advance
Tours from North Ridge Mountain Guides tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!
Why Book on TripAdvisor?
  • Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

All reviews ice climbing these guys fun guy highly recommend this trip winter hike new hampshire franconia notch waterfall rappelling jamie techniques mountaineering intro skills gear jaime company opportunities
Reviewed 3 days ago

My friend and I did a one day introduction to ice climbing course. It was a blast! Our guide was very professional (I've worked in the outdoor sports industry, so I've seen the full range) and personable. If you have ever wanted to try ice climbing, I highly recommend North Ridge.

Date of experience: February 2019
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

My husband and I had the best experience during our intro to ice climbing class. Jamie did a phenomenal job teaching us throughout the day and made sure we were comfortable as we climbed. I would highly recommend to anyone looking for an experience of a lifetime!!

Date of experience: February 2019
Jamie L, Owner at North Ridge Mountain Guides, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

You two were awesome, what a fun, warm day. Thanks for coming out and I will talk to you soon.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Justin and Jamie made a great trip for us. We got to learn a fair amount of technique and had a lot of fun doing it. I came in worried about being properly dressed and about traveling in snow, but I had nothing to worry about. Justin and Jamie checked our gear, outfitted us with the rest, and kept us safe and warm. The only bad thing was I booked a one day trip instead of two and wished I could stay longer. :(

Date of experience: January 2019

We will get that second day in soon! Looking forward to getting out with you soon.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Jamie and Justin were fantastic. They’re the perfect blend of fun, laid back, supportive, expert, and safe. My girlfriend and I visited from near the NYC area as her birthday present, and the trip was well worth the drive. We did the two day ice climbing intro. We had a blast. We learned a lot. By the end of the second day we were proud to have gone from rank beginners to climbing a vertical column of ice. Even more importantly Jamie and Justin fostered an environment where everyone was encouraging each other and we made some great new friends.

Date of experience: January 2019

You two are the best! It was great to watch the progress in such a short amount of time. I hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed January 2, 2019 via mobile

Had a great time with my girlfriend learning to ice climb with Jamie. First day was an intro to ice climbing with basic skills, along with some mountaineering skills. Second day we went on a private guided climb together. Super knowledgeable, fun guy, adjusted the plan throughout the two days as he assessed our comfort level. Definitely recommend!

Date of experience: December 2018

What a great couple of days in the mountains with great people. I look forward to getting out with you again soon. Thanks Aaron!

Reviewed October 21, 2018 via mobile

I had a blast learning rope/anchor building techniques while doing some climbing. Jamie was extremely knowledgeable, fun, and laid back. I’ve done two different activities with North Ridge Mountain Guides and loved both. I’ll be finding more opportunities to sign up for other classes/events.

Date of experience: September 2018

You rock! Looking forward to adventuring with you again soon.