“Nothing Pretentious -- Just Very Good Food” 5 of 5 bubbles

Central Square Cafe
Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
Keene
“Nothing Pretentious -- Just Very Good Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

This restaurant is in the space previously occupied by Eva's Bakery. The menu is basic burgers, hot dogs, and the like. Their burgers are the best I've found in a non-chain restaurant in this area. First, you go to the counter, order from the chalkboard menu, pay for your order, then sit down and wait for your food to be brought to the table. Prices are about what you'd expect -- neither too high nor too low. They are one of the few places in New Hampshire serving sweet tea. They are open every day but Monday for lunch thru 8pm.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Waltham, Massachusetts
“Southern Hospitality in New Hampshire”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

I will stop at any Hot Dog stand I see,,Some Good Some Not So Good,,,Riding my motorcycle one day ,I noticed Central Sq. Cafe. Went in and the place was spotlessly clean,Good Sign. Got a couple of dogs and some hand-cut fries,,Dogs I got were chili,cheese ,onion and the Most Delicious Purple Slaw,,After I had eaten ,I got to talking to the owner Rocky,Great Guy. He is from the south and moved to NH to be closer to Mrs. Rocky's family. It's about an hour and 1/2 ride ,but have been a couple of times now. On the way out that 1st time he gave a sample of his pulled pork,,Awesome Stuff

• Visited May 2013
Swanzey, New Hampshire
“Awesome little cafe!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

What a great find! Husband got the Steakhouse Burger and I had the BBQ Pulled Pork sandwich and we shared an order of fries...Awesome!!! My pulled pork was so moist, not like some places where the pork is dry and they just add sauce to it...this was moist and tender...it almost melted in my mouth! The fries were fresh cut and tasty...and husband said his burger was wonderful too. While we were there we met they owner, Rocky...what a great guy from the deep south! (Loved hearing that southern accent and his down home personality!) He also brought us a few of his new chicken wings to try...and they were so good! Tender with lots of meat and a wonderful homemade sauce!
Cafe was clean and bright and Rocky was telling us he plans on putting in outdoor seating....we'll definitely stop again!

• Visited April 2013
Rocky S, Owner at Central Square Cafe, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review. We are always excited to host new guests at Central Square Cafe. Hope to see you again soon.