“A place right out of Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives”
Review of Mama Dukes Diner - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Mama Dukes Diner
Cuisines: American
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Stopped here on the way back from a leaf peeping tour of VT. I was a bit skeptical since there were only a couple of cars in the parking lot (1 PM) but I had been wanting to try this place for a while and decided to give it a shot. It is clearly a place where the locals hang out. It seemed that the wait staff knew every person that walked in the door by their first name. It also appears that the locals have "their" tables! :) Nothing fancy here, just good home cooking. Prices are very reasonable and the quantities are generous. I had the Jalapeno/Cheddar burger, and it came out the way I wanted it cooked. Fries were not the run of the mill frozen variety, they tasted like they were just cut, but could have spent a few more minutes in the fryer. All in all worth the stop if you're headed up Rt 12 and hungry. I don't remember the hours, but I did note that they close early, so no late night dinners.