“Great getaway for the price”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Troy
The Inn at East Hill Farm
Ranked #1 of 1 Specialty Lodging in Troy
Cape Cod
“Great getaway for the price”
Reviewed May 7, 2014

I go up to East Hill every September for a line dance getaway. We are made to feel like we are home. The food is generous and there is so much to choose from. The view of Mount Monadnock is breathtaking. I love my room in the bunkhouse with my own TV for those times when I just can't do another dance. A massage therapist comes over to ease our sore shoulders and backs. Perfect vacation!

Room Tip: Ask about what is available. I prefer bigger rooms with TV.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank footinagym
Jennifer A, Manager at The Inn at East Hill Farm, responded to this review, May 10, 2014
Thank you for your review. It is nice to hear from one of our many line dance guests! We are also happy to hear about your positive experiences at East Hill Farm. The line dance groups always have a good time with weekends full of dancing, eating, laughter and good friends! We look forward to your next visit!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Newburyport, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 16, 2014

My daughter, son-in-law and grandchildren ages 6, 4 and 1 and I loved our stay at East Hill Farm. We wholeheartedly recommend this family-style, farm getaway and would definitely like to return in the future. This inn caters to families and creates such a relaxing environment in a wonderful country setting. The children loved seeing the animals, milking the cows, collecting eggs and experiencing a bit of farm life with all hotel amenities included. We enjoyed great food, excellent service, and three hearty, delicious meals daily. The hot tub and indoor pool were a treat on a cold and rainy day. The accommodations were spotless, spacious and very comfortable. This is a great place to hike in the spring. We were sorry we missed seeing the birth of the calf. Ideal spot for children to run free and for adults to unwind.

Room Tip: Our family loved The Olde Farm House 1 2 3
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Jennifer A, Manager at The Inn at East Hill Farm, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Thank you for your wonderful review. You captured the essence of an East Hill Farm vacation perfectly! We hope to welcome you and your family for many more farms stays in the future.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Our trip to the Inn at East Hill Farm has been an annual tradition for our family for over 45 years! Leave your cell phone behind and enjoy the sights and sounds of a real working farm. Eat fresh eggs, collected by your youngster, sink your teeth in to bread still warm from the oven and be prepared to work it off by chasing your children as they run from activity to activity. There is something going on throughout the day to keep your children entertained from milking the cow, to petting and feeding the animals to doing arts and crafts or making ice cream, just to name a few. For us, it is a weekend to relax and reconnect with our busy family with a game night or a trail ride. We hope to continue to enjoy East Hill Farm with children and their children for years to come!

Room Tip: If you have a large family, reserve the Sugar House. It has a living room with a fireplace where you...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind review. It is so fun for us to hear happy memories from our long time guests. We look forward to hosting you and your family for many years to come!
Fresh Meadows, New York
Reviewed March 10, 2014

We have been going to East Hill Farm for the last 12 years and was just there. There is not a better place to have a getaway weekend than this. The whole staff makes you feel welcome from the minute you get there until you leave. The rooms are clean, big and comfortable. You get three delicious home cook meals a day. The barn is a fun place to visit, no matter what age you are. East Hill Farm is a warm and friendly place that everyone should come and once you do, you will want to keep on coming.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Jennifer A, Manager at The Inn at East Hill Farm, responded to this review, March 15, 2014
Thank you for your wonderful review! It is nice to hear from guests who have been staying with us for years. We look forward to hosting you for many years to come!
Abington, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 1, 2014

This is my second review in a few years. I love EHF. We went with our whole family (5 kids ages 18 months-8 years) and five adults. We were there during Winterfest, which was a blast. Our kids LOVED line dancing this year and ice skating at the rink. Seeing Chloe (the dog) and playing catch with her is always a highlight. We stayed at the Sugar House this year and I think I like it the best of all the buildings so far. I find the older our kids get, the more fun we have. This is a perfect family getaway. Already looking forward to next year.....

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Jennifer A, Manager at The Inn at East Hill Farm, responded to this review, March 9, 2014
Thank you for your kind review! We had a wonderful Winterfest weekend this year with lots of good snow. I am glad you and your family enjoyed it so much. We look forward to hosting you again next winter.
medfield
Reviewed February 9, 2014

We visited the Inn for their Winter Fest. My husband and kids, 10,8, and 6 went for the weekend. We had such a great time! The kids were entertained from start to finish with everything you could think of. They milked a cow, found at least half a dozen freshly laid eggs, pet baby lambs, snow shoed, cross country skied, went sledding, played a million different board games (that they provide), swam in the indoor pool, played ping pong, made cheese, made candles, played bingo, learned contra dancing, made friends, the list goes on and on and on.....The food was delicious and plenty of it. The staff was great especially the younger crowd that worked with our kids. This is a great place for a family vacation. The kids are counting the days until they can come back! (oh, and the rooms were great too, we were only in them to sleep)

Room Tip: Stayed in Trailsend which had 2 bedrooms, 2 baths, great for a family.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Jennifer A, Manager at The Inn at East Hill Farm, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Thank you so much for your fabulous review! It is great to see how much you and your family packed into one weekend! We hope you come back when you can stay longer and maybe in a different season, to get even more of a taste of life on East Hill Farm. We look forward to your next visit.
Morristown, New Jersey
Reviewed December 31, 2013

We stayed at East Hill Farm over Thanksgiving Weekend. We have two small children ages 3 and 5, and met up with relatives who had children that are 9 and 12. The great thing about the farm was that there is truly something for everyone. My kids loved all the farm and craft activities that took place throughout the day. Everything was very well organized and convenient. The food was excellent -- home cooking at its best and it was plentiful. It was so good that I bought their cookbook in the gift shop. We had booked the basic rooms -- I believe we stayed in Cottage 3. I have to say, the room was horrible -- tiny rooms, very low ceilings, spiders everywhere and very musty. We asked to upgrade (the staff was friendly and accommodating), but unfortunately there were no other rooms available until our last night. But we did make the move on our last day, and the upgraded rooms were way better... outdated, but roomy, clean and didn't smell. I also found that basement area in the main house-- where many of the activities are held -- is in dire need of some renovating and had a moldy smell as well. I should also mention that there is limited cell and internet service. My phone actually broke while I was there because of it was constantly searching for service -- it killed the battery and the phone permanently. I suggest turning the cell off when you arrive. Despite these shortcomings, our overall experience was good. So much so that we booked for Thanksgiving 2014 -- but this time we booked a Deluxe room. I am sure after this stay, we'll be able to increase my three-star rating.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank MorristownTina
Jennifer A, Manager at The Inn at East Hill Farm, responded to this review, January 12, 2014
Thank you for your review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the farm, activities and your meals. I am sorry we were unable to upgrade you right away since we were so busy. I am sure that you will enjoy your accommodations next year. We look forward to hosting you and your family again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Troy
Best Western Plus Keene Hotel
#1 of 4 in Jaffrey
Jack Daniels Motor Inn
Jack Daniels Motor Inn
#1 of 1 in Peterborough

Been to The Inn at East Hill Farm? Share your experiences!