“Don't believe the nay-sayers” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Econolodge Inn & Suites

Econolodge Inn & Suites
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Tilton
Jackson, Wyoming
“Don't believe the nay-sayers”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

Shalimar Resort is located around a 10 minute drive from the Tilton Outlets down RT.3. I stayed here with my boyfriend while visiting family and thought the hotel was cozy and the people working there were friendly and kind. The women at the front desk were pleasant and very helpful when it came to settling us into our room and giving us great suggestions for what to do around town. I was very happy I stayed here and would do it again in a heartbeat, don't believe all the negative reviews this place is a New England gem!

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

The bathroom had a stench that seemed to have been coming from the sewage. The room itself was seemingly clean and we couldn't find anything to remove to get rid of the smell. We ended up putting towels over the drains and kept the bathroom door closed. We didn't ask to move because we got there late, were tired, and only stayed one night. The ceiling paint was peeling and huge chunks were ready to fall off onto your head at any point. The mattress and pillows were uncomfortable. The comforter had stains on it. The room windows were at the level of the parking lot and you feel like you are just staring into people's car all the time. The place is not actually beachfront, as advertised, since you have to cross a highway, without a cross walk obviously, to get to the beach.
The hotel staff were very nice and the gym/pool/hot tub were decent. The canoes were included and we had a lovely time canoeing on the lake across the street. Would not ever stay there again however, or recommend it to a friend.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank C A

Travelers are raving about these Tilton hotels

Hillsborough, New Hampshire
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

We were staying at the Steele Hill Resort and decided to go and eat at Shalimar Resort. We arrived at 8:30 on a Saturday night and I was surprised that the resteraunt was empty. We were seated at a table by a very nice young lady who asked us If we were staying there, we answered no. She told s the specials and my girlfriend and I both ordered the Surf n Turf (Prime rib and scallops), I ordered mine medium. When we received our salads (which cost extra) I was disappointed because the salad consisted of a handful of browning lettuce with two slices of tomato and a couple small slices of red onion. Real sad excuse for a salad. When the meal arrived I was delighted to see that the prime rib was an acceptable cut but when I went to cut it, it was raw and cold....during the time we were eating they had Karaeoke in the bar with the door open. Very noisy and disturbing to listen to a bunch of drunks trying to sing. We asked the waitress to close the door but a guy wearing shorts who acted like the owner kept opening it. Very disturbing. When we received the bill I was surprised to see that our two nasty meals cost us $82.00 not counting tip. Outrageously priced for the poor meal we received. Now I fully understand why there was nobody else there on a Saturday evening and why they offer their guests a buy on get one free voucher for dinner. Resteraunt owners really should be ashamed of the poor meals at ridiculous prices they are serving. Maybe they should just close the resteraunt based upon the poor reviews I have read.

Room Tip: Don't eat at the resteraunt especially if you are not a guest. Outrageous prices for average foo...
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Legion22
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

The location of the resort/motel is between Tilton and Laconia. Across the road - Lanconia Road is Lake Winnisquam. The resort is like an old fashioned motel with a small restaurant and bar. There is a continental breakfast. The resort has many amenities for the price such as an indoor pool, pool table, and across the street is the private beach with deck, fire pit, canoes, and a paddle boat, . The size of my room was a good size for two. I agree with other reviews that there is a need for better housekeeping. There was a towel still hanging over the shower when I arrived. The sheets did seem old and worn and I felt that one of the pillow cases was not clean. The service I received from the ladies at the front desk was pleasant and helpful. I am an airline employee and stay in many hotels/resorts. I feel for the rate I paid there were many amenities. I liked the location of the hotel and the beach/lake across the street. The restaurant/bar was closed during my 2 night stay so I did not have the chance to try it. I do feel that for the rate I paid, the room should have been cleaner, there should have been better sheets on the bed and the minor things like a leaking faucet should be repaired. If the resort pays attention to these kinds of details, it would be full every night. I will try it again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

I have stayed at this resort before, and it was great.
But somehow this time they completely missed the mark:
- the wifi wasn't working in my room (was more-or-less working in the rest of the hotel, they used the pretext of a thunderstorm to wave my problem away). This is a big one, it's not acceptable in 2013 to not have functioning Wifi.
- the toilet was leaking
- the toilet tank was so cold to be damp on the outside, right where toilet paper dispenser is located, with the effect of wetting the paper each time you dispense some...
- the body wash/soap dispenser in the shower was empty
- the shampoo sample bottle was missing from the room

mentioning these when checking out only got me a "aww, i'm sorry".
I was also disappointed that their restaurant wasn't open on Sunday nights. The restaurant rebate for hotel guests made this a good option for the money....

Room Tip: get room as far away from the back parking lot as possible.
2 Thank some_guy_in_boston
Manchester, NH
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

The staff was friendly and pleasant. The room was a good size but didn't get the feeling it was very clean. Sheets on the bed were very worn and not crisp (and clean appearing) like some hotels and "resorts". We had read reviews prior to going and even though there were more bad than good decided to try it as it was a reasonable rate. Within seconds of first entering our room my son pointed out a centipede-like bug--gross! This probably set the tone for us--we then undid the beds to check for any other creatures. Thank God we didn't see any because that would have been the end of our stay. The kids used the pool and whirlpool--both looked a little cloudy, we just had them shower quickly after. The lake across the street was the best attribute. It was very clear and clean with a nice beach area. The worst thing about our stay had to be going in and out of the back door to the parking area which doubles as a smoking area. Ashtray over flowing and smelly stale smoke smell. Sometimes even having to walk between and through a cloud of smoke while people were outside smoking. Absolutely disgusting!!! They would really do their business some good if they moved the smoking area to the right of the door in the little grassy area with a bench or table. I like to patronize family businesses but unfortunately I don't think I will be back here.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Brampton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

You will always find the staff pleasant, friendly and accommodating to your needs. rooms are a good size and well kept. the pool and fitness area was clean. Had a great time, I will defiantly go back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tilton
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tilton
Hampton Inn and Suites Tilton
The Landmark Inn
The Landmark Inn
#12 of 12 in Laconia
TownePlace Suites Laconia Gilford
BEST WESTERN Concord Inn & Suites
Super 8 Tilton/Lake Winnipesaukee

Been to Econolodge Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!