“2nd year,we've been here at the Shalimar...”

Econolodge Inn & Suites
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Tilton
Reviewed September 29, 2012

This is our 2nd year at the Shalimar Resort..We returned since it was so good last year..First of all you can't beat the room rates,and value you get here.We stayed Thursday until Monday..We got dinner for 2 on Thurs,Friday,and Saturday..The food and service was excellent.The staff are very friendly and knowledgable about the area.In addition the owners are very client focused, and helpful.The resort is a older property,but very clean,and comfortable.They have Wi-Fi available for families that bring up their electronic devices.In addition there is also a free continental breakfast available,with great coffee,cereals,muffins,bagels,and english.Check in and Check was both efficient, and friendly.They have a Sunday Brunch which is $15.00 a person.Very reasonable,and with a $10.00 coupon they give,equals $20.00 a couple for Brunch.The Brunch includes Omelette station,chafing dishes with everything under the Sun,including Prime Rib,and Ham..You can't beat it..When I am up the lake,this is where we'll always stay.We Love it !! Best Value bar none !!!
Greg F.
MA.

Room Tip: See if a room on the front of the resort is available either 1st or 2nd floor,which gives you a beau...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gregf46

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Our room was on the back side of resort it was a little dated but we were just looking for a place to crash after a concert. Breakfast was good, and they have splenda! Location was excellent. We received coupons for free dinner at their restaurant (unexpected surprise). which we couldn't use because they were only valid from 5 - 8pm. The pool area seemed nice but again we didn't get to use it because of our short stay. The staff was super friendly. We had a mishap with an ironing board, and explained our situation to the front desk and they were fine with it. We are planning to stay during bike week!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank tjpalm
Reviewed September 12, 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights with my daughter and my special needs twin boys (they are 3 and cant walk but love to swim!) We had such a great relaxing time. The kids spent most of the time in the water and watching a bit of TV (we dont have Disney Channel at home so they were happy!) The beds were so comfy. I read a few complaints about the sheets - ours were brand new! The beds were also pretty new - I always strip them down to check for bugs when we arrive. No bugs and brand new mattresses! The bathroom was a bit small but thats not a big deal at all. It was clean. The owners were very kind and accommodating. The owner helped me with some mobility issues so my boys could get to dinner.

Breakfast was good. The homemade muffins are the best. I ate too many I think;-)

The lake area was great. Very clean. The water was warm, clear, and just so relaxing. The canoes were a HUGE added bonus.

We loved our stay.

Oh if you plan on going to the outlets, check in first to get a coupon book then hit the outlets. We went outlets first and missed out on coupons! Oh well.

We love the pool. It was huge and warm.

2  Thank lllmom05
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Wow, what a nice experience. The room was priced right. The staff couldnt be friendlier if you were related to them, and then we got a free, all you can eat, pasta dinner included. The chef was great too. This was no fake Italian food either, this guy could cook. The rooms were made spotless every day and there is a pool, hot tub, gym, lake, pool table, bar, resturaunt, free breakfast each morning,etc. etc. etc. If you need something, just tell them, and they will provide it. We will stay there again. The owners are on scene every day, and it shows.

Room Tip: Just tell Peter, ( the owner), what you want in a room, and he will provide it.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank TheHaddads
Reviewed September 4, 2012

over 30 years ago i started goin to the shalimar with my parents an my special needs brother.in the back of my mind i can still have fond memories of miss mary , the elderly caretaker/owner preparing banana bread for the kitchen... each visit she would stop an hane my brother an i a powdered donut from the breakfast tray
many summers have gone by an life in general has had many changes.. i find myself being the dad an bringin my family now to the shalimar..
miss mary has turned the reins over to her son pter an his wife , she doent pass out donut but rahter whoopie pies as she jumps in to many a friendly conversations with the guest , so you can say she keeps up miss mary legacy..
the resort itself is far from you average holiday innexpress where you are nothin more than a swish of your credit card ..the entire staff will engage you with friendly conversation an truly want you to feel that you cant wait to have another funfilled stay..
the rooms have suttle updates but keep the country cottage atmosphere with each an every room
the indoor pool an hottub are kept in pristine condition with a twist... most resorts require you to purchaes beverages from their establishment .. at the shalimar bring your drink of choice in a solo cup an be respectful to all around you an the savings is well appreciated...
on season the beach is a page from blue lagoon... clean warm water .. racked beaches with enough free canoes an paddle boats for many wide eyes kids as i was in my younger years ..
peters pub makes it a full service resort with the ability to let u hang up your keys an enjoy all it has to offer .. they have kareokie on the weekend an some of the talent is not half bad.... the food itself is worth talkin about .. some packages include coplimnetary dinner an the steaks can compete withany around the area .. they even have 20 twin lobster ,, ya cant beat it ..
durin the off season a family can stay for under 100 dollars so you can post up at the pool an watch the snow flakes ... life is short... dont blink an enjoy all it has to offer

Room Tip: try to get a room over looking the lake
1  Thank joe s
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Stayed at the Shalimar resort last week for the 99$ special wich included Kingroom two dinners at their resturant and continental breakfast next day.I have stayed everywhere from sheridans to sh--holes and will have to put this a little past the middle .building outside is dated but my room had recently been updated and was clean . there was a king bed a fridge and a coffe pot in room also a new lcd tv . The atached resturant was good also there were about ten dinners to choose from using the free dinner coupons I had ribeye wife had shrimp scampie both where very good! after a few salads and drinks the bill only came to 19 dollars not bad at all .after dinner went to weirs beach area for fried dough. When we came back was a little bumb that the lounge had closed a 8 but there is a 99 down the road. Over all it was a good time at a great value and I guess thats all you can realy ask for.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tony C
Reviewed August 23, 2012

After making our reservation I sent an email asking about the coffee pot in the room, wanting to know what kind of filters I should bring with us to make extra coffee, as it has been my experience that you usually get enough for only a couple cups of coffee. I was told they would be more than happy to supply us with extra coffee, so we didn't have to bring any of our own. When we checked in the receptionist made mention that extra coffee had been placed in our room. The housekeeper was in the hall outside our room when we went up, and she also mentioned the extra coffee. I consider that to be excellent customer service! The room was large with 2 very comfy beds that allowed for a good nights sleep. Yes, the sheets could probably be updated, but they were clean. There wasn't anything that wasn't clean. The bathroom was a bit small, but again, very clean. The coupons for dinner were a very nice touch and we ate both nights at the restaurant off the *special menu* that had plenty of options. The chicken parm was excellent, as was the steak. The continetal breakfast was fine, the muffins were delish!

The pool was very nice and clean, the spa looked inviting but we didn't try it out.

I read the reviews after making our reservation, and considered cancelling. I'm glad we didn't. We found everything we needed, and the extra bathroom amenities were a nice touch also. It's true you can't please everyone, and obviously the Shalimar has in some way or another, let down some of their guests. That said, there were plenty of good reviews and I would have to agree with them. 5-star it isn't, but we weren't looking for 5-star. We wanted a clean place to spend a long weekend with a clean pool in case of bad weather and we found it at the Shalimar. We would definately go back again!

2  Thank pjonesfuller
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tilton
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tilton
Hampton Inn and Suites Tilton
Comfort Inn Concord
Comfort Inn Concord
#5 of 8 in Concord
TownePlace Suites Laconia Gilford
Super 8 Tilton/Lake Winnipesaukee
Travelodge Tilton/lake Winnisquam

Been to Econolodge Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!