“Amazing Stay”

Ranked #3 of 3 Tilton B&B and Inns
Laconia, New Hampshire
“Amazing Stay”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Great deal, and a beautiful view. The room was a little small but it was definitely workable for two people. It was clean, and comfortable as well. The staff was incredibly friendly and I will definitely be returning.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Aye A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Rindge, New Hampshire
Reviewed July 10, 2013

The room I rented a room with 1 double bed was small, but very clean. The shower stall was very small and the way the bathroom was layed out such that the shower stall door could not open fully due it hitting the bathroom cabinet. Maybe if I rented a larger room with a bigger bed it would of been different. All in all, it was a good value and I will stay there again.

Room Tip: I chose a room with 1 double bed and the room was extremely small. Choose a room with more/larger be...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank LarryD875
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed May 18, 2013

It's better than it looks from the road (needs landscaping). I can sleep on most beds but the jello soft and wiggly mattress kept me from getting a good rest. Don't plan on sleeping in because the daytime road noise is awful (lots of motorcycles).

Pros
Clean, good TV, good price, fair value

Cons
Small room, odd bathroom configuration, jello soft bed, dirty stairway carpet, road noise, so-so internet speeds, floor wiggles when neighbors walked

Room Tip: Rooms on top floor in back are smaller
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank WWanderer

Travelers are raving about these Tilton hotels

Hudson, NH
Reviewed April 19, 2013

I opted for the cheapest room as I was staying for a business meeting in Laconia the next morning and paying with my own money. I got what I paid for-double bed, a very tiny room, with the bed less than one foot from the window. My toes almost touched the tv when I was on the bed and the bathroom was a fine example of minimalist architecture. I swear my feet never got wet in the shower as it was so tiny that the water hit my head, bounced onto the wall and down the drain. On the positive side, the room and bathroom was clean-the toilet had the old-fashioned paper strip and was "sanitized for my protection," and there were ample towels and face cloths. There was a refrigerator and microwave in the room, too. But for $49.95 the room served its purpose. The view across the street is of Lake Winnisquam and was very nice. The desk clerk told me that the continental breakfast the next morning was coffee and oatmeal of which I did not partake. Would I stay here again, probably not, but since I chose the cheapest room, there are probably larger rooms available. It was clean and neat.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank ed s
Putnam, Connecticut
Reviewed April 15, 2013

My wife and I wanted a quick getaway to New Hampshire and Maine for a few days without spending a lot. The Rodeway Inn in Tilton was our choice for the two nights of the New Hampshire leg.

The good news:

First, the price -- $107 including tax for two nights in April off-season. The room was clean. I was comfortable in the bed. Wi-fi worked flawlessly and fast. Medium-sized flat screen TV with six or so HBO channels. Microwave and fridge in room. Good shower pressure and hot water. Nice view of Lake Winnisquam. Manager seems to be the whole show (including making up our room because the housekeeper was off), and although he struck me as a little quirky, he was friendly and pleasant.

Not so good:

The rooms are very small, with no true closet space -- just a 12-inch wide alcove in the wall. Bathroom is tiny with just a shower stall. The bed is a double (not a queen). No comfy chair (just dining room type chairs). Heater did not work well. No in-room coffee, although it was available in the lobby. The nice view of the lake has very busy Route 3 between you and the water, and traffic noise might be a problem for some people. Sounds of people walking on the third floor above were quite loud.

I understand that Choice Hotels has taken this property over from a long-standing local owner, and some upgrading is evident -- carpeting, new doors with keylocks, etc. But it is also evident that these rooms have been well used by many years' worth of vacationers, and I don't know if the place can be brought up to the standards of newer buildings in the Choice chain. But they're making the effort.

So I guess to sum up, it was an average experience for us. We would probably try to find a good off-season rate elsewhere if we decide to do this again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Tilton, New Hampshire
Reviewed March 12, 2013

The place has no smoking signs, makes you sign something saying that you will not smoke but then our room reeks of smoke. When I returned home, I couldn't wait to wash my daughter's smoky hair. When we informed the staff of this they just said, 'oh.'

Room Tip: Don't go
Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Holly B
Dorset, UK
Reviewed November 13, 2012

We stayed here the weekend of 6th & 7th October 2012. Our room was on the front of the hotel and the view could not be bettered as it overlooked Lake Winnisquam and the Fall foliage was superb. Many reviewers have mentioned that the rooms are small and this may be so, but ours was spotlessly clean, bathroom included. (Shower no bath.) There was slight noise from traffic at times, but certainly not enough to disturb our sleep. A good continental buffet breakfast is provided and in fine weather it can eaten at one of the outside tables.

We happened to mention we were in the area to celebrate our wedding anniversary, which we did by having a Sunday champagne brunch cruise on MV Mt Washington on Lake Winnipesaukee. On returning to this hotel in the evening we found a lovely surprise in our room - a yellow rose in a vase, an anniversary card signed by all the staff, and a small celebratory cake!! We were totally bowled over. The staff and owners were happy to share the cake and we had a lovely chat in the lobby over coffee and cake. We took away a lifetime memory!

What a friendly and individual hotel!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank BlueVinney
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tilton
Econolodge Inn & Suites
The Landmark Inn
The Landmark Inn
#13 of 13 in Laconia
Hampton Inn and Suites Tilton
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tilton
TownePlace Suites Laconia Gilford
Anchorage at the Lake

Been to Travelodge Tilton/lake Winnisquam? Share your experiences!