The Tilton Inn
Good 3.5/5
  • Free Internet
Average 3/5
Great 4.5/5
All reviewsfront porchonions pubrestaurant downstairsmain streetnew hampshirehenry fordghost huntersown bathroomfirst floorlove this placewhite mountainsbed was comfortablea great place to stayhome away from homekathyfireplacecereal
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Fabulous pub food, nice offerings. Try the Shepherd's Pie or Steak and Mushroom Pie. Good cocktails with a generous pour. Decor is just average, look a bit worn. Expected more of an older inn. Porch dining available.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 25, 2013

I recently went back home to visit friends and family. After much searching, I found the Tilton Inn on a list of places to stay in the Tilton/Laconia area. When I was a teenager, this place was a place that you avoided, but to my surprise, the ratings were high and mostly positive. The new owners have worked miracles with the place and I found the food to be excellent. The pub is quiet and has a huge selection of beer, wine and liquors. I stayed 8 nights in a comfortable room. The owners (Allen and Kathy) were helpful and very pleasant. I intend to stay there when I return next spring.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 9, 2013

The zone is mediocre, not for tourists at all. There was not any decent bar around to take a coffee.

The rooms are simple. They have some charm but it was so cold that the next day I was heavily ill with high fever, cough and rheum. The inn was empty, so we changed the room but they were all chilly. No lift, it was a problem with our heavy luggages. The owners weren't nice at all. The restaurant is not bad, but at 9 PM everything was unavailable.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I was bone tired last Friday night, when I arrived late at the Inn during a snow storm. The owner checked me in, insisted on helping with my bags, then shoed me to my spacious room on the second floor. When I mentioned I needed to be up early the next day, he said the woman on duty at that time would knock on my door at 6:15, to be sure I was up. She did--with a cup of coffee for my trip. Great place; great people.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank BobbyBMiles
Reviewed January 8, 2013

My husband has always wanted to stop in this place as we head to his brothers in franklin.He is a history buff.We were greeted by Marge a sweet lady she showed us our room which was a queen bed and had requested king thru booking.com .Only one king suite there so mgr gave us that room.Real nice ,sunny,two rooms together .Very comfortable.Also on booking.com said room came with breakfast.This place does not have breakfast except 4 doors down at cafe.Allen the owner gave us a nice continental breakfast each morning which was real nice of him.Lunch at tavern was excellent greeted by sarah very nice.History of place was very interesting to my husband.Did not eat in dinning room but hear food is excellent and would stop in there when we visit his brother.Checked out all other rooms and brings you back in history.Rooms are spotless.Some small but then you have to realize back in time they all were.
We would stay there again but love the front room.Only drawback was it is on the road and you do hear some traffic staying in front of building.Parking was limited.Only in front of Inn.We will be back.

Room Tip: Love the king suite buttttttttttt you can hear traffic on road right in front .It really didnt bother us.Plus street lites room will be bright at nite.Shades do help a little.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple