“Best by a landslide”
Review of Rosie's Restaurant

Rosie's Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 15 Restaurants in Tamworth
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: We are a family-owned and operated breakfast and lunch restaurant, and Rosie is celebrating 30 years in business! We work incredibly hard 7 days a week to ensure the quality and freshness of our food reflects the amount of time and care we put into it. Rosie herself is always in the kitchen very early in the morning baking her homemade bread, cinnamon rolls, desserts and more! Two of her sons Mathew and Britton have been raised in the business for the past 30 years, and hardly leave the line to gurantee the consistency we provide for you with our food. Our "Rosie Girls" are hard-working women who are very special to us (family and friends), and our loyal staff works endlessly to follow our high expectations. We do our best to make your eggs how you like, remedy any mistake we may make (we're only human!) and include you on our family's journey. We love our faithful regulars, new friends, and ever-growing community of breakfast lovers! And remember..."If you are grouchy, irritable, or just plain mean, there will be a $10 charge just for putting up with you!" ;)
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I don't believe in making or breaking a restaurant based only on one trip (after two bad experiences though, that's it.) I've been camping in West Ossipee for 18 years and only started wandering outside of the campground last year when we finally became seasonal. Rosie's came highly recommended by the locals so of course we had to try it. I've now been there at least a half dozen times and I am so impressed that I felt it necessary to write a review.

What you have to understand is that I've worked in the restaurant industry and I can be a pretty tough critic! Every time we go to Rosie's we are greeted by friendly waitstaff. A few times we have had to stand and wait (which is somewhat uncomfortable, everyone stares at the ones standing around because you kind of have to stand in the middle of the dining area) but I find this acceptable because they are quite busy. Once seated however, the waitstaff is prompt. There is one thing I have noticed that I don't particularly like: the waitress may be in the middle of taking your order and if necessary she will stop midway to go get some food that has come up ready for another table. I find this to be poor waitressing practice (leaving me hanging mid-sentence while ordering) but my boyfriend thinks it's entirely reasonable, a small price to pay to make sure everyone always gets hot food. We agree to disagree; they are always very polite and sweet, so it's hard to get too annoyed anyway! They also never stop, they are go-go-go constantly, and they watch each others backs (they will walk around to refill EVERYONE'S coffee, not just their own table)...there is no issue with neglect, empty iced tea glass, empty dishes sitting in front of you, nothing like that. The servers know what they are doing.

What impresses me the most is the food. Even though most of these reviews are glowing, I am surprised at the few that claim the food is sub-par. We are breakfast connoisseurs and have been to many a restaurant, and nobody beats Rosie's on several things: you get exactly what you order (imagine that!); they make sure that if there is a choice, you know about it (such as, when your order home fries, do you want garlic and onion or just regular? When you order corned beef hash, do you want homemade or store bought?); the food is cooked exactly how you like it (my eggs are over-medium every time, and the omelettes are never overcooked); and my personal favorite, the food is ALWAYS 100% CLEAN....Rosie must be a stickler for this, because there is never any leftover grilling "stuff" like on the food that so many other restaurants serve up. Black grill crap = gross, and I have never seen any of that on any of the food we've ordered. Rosie does all of the cooking herself along with a helper, and she's obviously very good at it.

I am totally hooked now on the sausage gravy and homemade biscuit (I am incredibly picky about my sausage gravy), as well as the homemade corned beef hash (heavy on the beef and not as heavy on the potatoes...no skimping.) The portions are hearty and the prices are reasonable. We have never had lunch there, only breakfast. The food takes a little longer than average to come out but considering how good it is when it does, I can't really complain about that. I'm guessing it's because she insists on the order being as close to perfect as possible. It's worth waiting a few extra minutes for an excellent breakfast. I can't review how they are when remedying a problem because honestly I haven't experienced one there.

This is a long review but I hope it illustrates just how great Rosie's is. Definitely worth stopping at, and I would say that for those of you who had something negative happen in your experience, it must have been a fluke, try it one more time. Best breakfast in southern NH and better than any in northern MA! It will be tough waiting out the winter before coming back to camp and landing an awesome breakfast again!

1  Thank Gretchen S

Reviewed August 16, 2013

The best food for country cuisine. You are treated like family. The waitstaff greet you like they have known you forever, The best dropped on toast. great omelets. If i feel sad going in i'm laughing going out. Family restaurant, handicap accessible. Lots of parking.

1  Thank Marilyn F
Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

We come here for breakfast every time we visit Lake Ossipee. The food is amazing and you get plenty of it. The homemade bread and the side pancakes are a must. Great atmosphere where everyone is a local.

1  Thank BAvallone
Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

Great food and service overall totally great had 3 eggs bacon and links. Hughes pancake home fries with onion and garlic yummy

1  Thank Buddytheplumber
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Although we read some great reviews, we were not overly impressed with this restaurant. We went for breakfast before a day trip. The dining room was mostly full, on a midweek morning and there appeared to be plenty of regulars there catching up with one another.

The prices were a little more than we expected for a local diner and it is a cash only establishment (ATM available). All the adults got omelettes and my toddler got "silver dollar" pancakes which were MUCH bigger than expected. The food was okay but not great.

Our server was wonderful and a "regular" even brought over a basket of toys when my daughter started getting impatient. Otherwise the food was slow (took almost 30 mins) and the atmosphere was just okay.

We are glad we supported a local buisness but beyond that we will likely not be visiting here again.