“Great stay at Dexters, kids loved it.”
Review of Dexter's Inn

Dexter's Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Sunapee B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 19, 2011

Great old Inn very close to harbor. Kids loved the pool,games, tennis,movies going for awesome ice cream at the Shake shack. Room was big enough for me and my wife and our two girls (5 AND 7). The fee included a great homemade breakfast every morning. We will diffently be back next summer.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Power5720

Reviewed June 16, 2011

was a joy to myself and my mother. The chef and owner even made a special trip to the grocer so that my southern mother could have grits for her breakfasts. It topped off a memorable trip to a New Hampshire and it is never forgotten by my mother.

The grounds are pretty and the main house is quaint. It brought back fond memories of my journeys staying in guesthouses in Scotland and Wales.

Thank you, Dexter Inn.

• Stayed: August 2010
1  Thank SClanding
Reviewed March 8, 2011

We stayed in the "annex" at Dexters - which is a "converted" barn. I would not recommend staying here. I don't know what the rooms in the main house were like, but our room was outdated and cold, and lacked any charm/decor.
The Inn is about 5 miles away from Mt. Sunapee, where we were skiing, and even has a view of the slopes from the Inn - so for convenience, it's pretty good. The Inn also has MILES of cross country skiing trails. I tried the skiing, and actually had a private, one hour lesson, which was great, and then skiied by myself the rest of the day. Another alternative to cross country skiing on property is snowshoeing. They have a shop that rents both cross country ski gear and snowshoeing gear - super convenient.
The breakfast buffet was nothing great, but I did have lunch here one day, and the cooked to order lunch was outstanding, and very convenient, when you can come in from cross country skiing or snowshoeing and have lunch right there.
It is not within walking distance of anyplace else to eat, or anything else to see, as far as we could tell, so a car is a must if you are staying here. As a matter of fact, even with a car, you have to drive a few/several miles to get to a restaurant or anyplace else.
We did have a mini fridge in our room, but it wasn't too clean.
It might be an OK place to stay if you have a large family or lots of kids - they had a big game room in the barn/annex. But, if you don't, it's kind of noisy when all the kids are in there.
If you cross country ski or snowshoe, you can come use the trails, even if you aren't a guest, for a nominal daily fee. And, they did groom the trails several times while we were here, so I think that is their main draw.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank nfall2010
Reviewed November 30, 2010

"John,
A quick note to let you know how much we enjoyed our stay at the Dexter Inn on the weekend of October 22nd,and 23rd.
The two bedroom suite was ideal for our situation and most importantly your willingness to accomodate the "canine" member of the family. "Cuma" especially enjoyed her stay with us, enjoying the clean mountain air and romp in the woods.
We enjoyed the morning breakfasts and have told many friends about our wonderful stay at the Dexter Inn in New Hampshire.
Wishing you all a wonderful winter season."
This Bed and Breakfast is ideally located near Mt. Sunapee in New Hampshire and provided magnificent views. Clean rooms and accomodations for larger family groups. We stayed in a two bedroom suite with our adult children and even the canine member of the family. Many walking trails right out the front and back door.
Morning breakfast was delicious.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Jemicy
Reviewed October 25, 2010

We loved this cozy inn with great food last weekend. We attended a function, stayed over, and dined there and were treated wonderfully. Clean rooms, good service, and cozy areas to read, watch tv, and sit by the fire. The grounds were very well cared for as well.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dvashaw
Reviewed August 18, 2010

First off I would like to mention one thing if you are visiting Sunapee, NH. Please bring bug spray.
Dexter's Inn is from 1804 and you can definitely tell. It is a great place to stay if you need a weekend get-away in the summer or even in the winter.
During my stay my friend and I wondered the grounds and they are BEAUTIFUL. There is a pool, tennis courts, basketball courts, and you are not that far from Sunapee Lake and the ski mountain. Also they have a great game room that used to be an old barn. It has darts, ping pong, fooseball, air hoocket, pool and a poker table.
The room I was in had two twin beds which were fine. Our bathroom had a lot of room. If I had to say one bad thing about this place would be trying to open the room doors. They were kind of difficult but not that big of a deal. Also if alot of people are staying there you can hear every noise if you are sleeping, but it did not bother me too much.
Dexter's Inn was a cute place to stay and I would go back again. This is also a great place for a reunion, business gathering, or even a wedding. The landscaping is so nice. I would like to check it out in the winter.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank ashybabe11
Reviewed January 11, 2010

stayed here only night... loved the accessibility to the vast network of trails for cross country and snow shoe. Delicious hot breakfast.. friendly helpful staff... simple but clean rooms, no frills, but you don't need them.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gracieAshland
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sunapee
The Lake Inn at Mt. Sunapee
Mountain Edge Resort & Spa at Sunapee
Burkehaven Lodge
Burkehaven Lodge
#1 of 1 in Sunapee

Been to Dexter's Inn? Share your experiences!