“#1 for a reason” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Twin Doors Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sunapee
Twin Doors Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 2 Sunapee B&B and Inns
Princeton, Massachusetts USA
“#1 for a reason”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2011

Twin Doors B&B is #1 for so many good reasons - the facilities are immaculate, the rooms are large, the decor charming, and the bedding very, very comfortable. The amenities are top notch - branded luxury soaps, water in room (with more plus sodas in the fridge down stairs), turn down service with ghiradelli chocolates on the pillows, fresh baked cookies in the afternoon - which we enjoyed in a rocking chair on the front porch reading the WSJ (provided with other papers). Breakfast is the best in the region - and this I know because this is my stomping ground. I travel widely in the USA and Europe so when I tell you that here is simply no better B&B or hotel in the Lake Sunapee/New London area, believe me....oh, I will be back.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank SunapeeLady

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2011

I will clarify this review that we only stayed at the Twin Doors for one night, so didn't quite experience all that they had to offer, namely the afternoon snack / libations.
My husband and I were in town visiting his Alma Mater, and chose the Twin Doors for proximity. We arrived around 9 PM, and the owners were quick to get us checked in and oriented.
The grounds are tidy, the front porch inviting, and the common areas well appointed. The owners had a large redecoration a few years ago but kept the historic charm of the house, which used to be a duplex.
The owners provide a common refrigerator in the parlor in which they store cold soda/water, and have thermoses of hot water for tea at night with cookies. In the morning this changes to coffee.
The room we had was comfortable, clean, and bucolic. The bathroom had ample towels, and the shower was great, although tub was slow draining. I hiked up Mt. Sunapee in the AM while the other half slept, and we had breakfast at the latest time available: 9:30. My husband made good use of the porch and good weather to enjoy coffee and newspaper.
Breakfast was decent, but not fantastic. The owner made an interesting french toast/bread pudding that in theory could be wonderful, but I would've used a different bread (this may be a matter of taste: I feel that hawaiian or portuguese sweetbreads make a more flavorful french toast). It looked beautiful, but fell a little short on the palate. Scones had a nice soda taste. Turkey bacon, although healthy, just doesn't compare to the real stuff. The fruit salad had fresh berries picked by the owner. Coffee was plentiful. Owners were eager to chat and helpful about the area.
The B+B is a short drive from Mt Sunapee, would be a good alternative place to stay during skiing season.
In all, for our time there, we enjoyed the stay. Would definately stay again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank silvergirl70
Buffalo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2011

We love Twin Doors Bed and Breakfast! The hosts, Rosemary and Hess, are so welcoming and accommodating! The inn is spotless, and our room beautifully decorated and quaint! The breakfast is delicious, and the hosts are very sensitive to food allergies as well as likes and dislikes. Every afternoon, there are home baked cookies to enjoy as well as complimentary drinks, including Gatorade! (thanks so much--that got me up a couple hills on my bicycle!) We love the area and this bed and breakfast, and you will, too!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank skiergirlBuffalo
Gulfport, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Twin Doors this past weekend to attend a nearby family wedding. We couldn't have been more pleased! The house has been painstakingly and beautifully renovated, with careful attention to period details. The innkeepers were friendly, helpful and knowledgeable about the community. The breakfasts were delicious and a perfect way to start our day in the beautiful dining room. We'll definitely stay there again if/when we're back in the Sunapee area.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank jmmymakProvincetown
Montreal, QC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2011

I stayed here while attending a conference 15 minutes away in New London, from Sunday-Thursday. This B&B is set in a quiet neighborhood, with beautifully attended lawn and garden. Twin Doors was everything I hope for in a B&B. Everything was tastefully decorated, modern fixtures in the bath, with extremely comfortable seating in both the room, and in living room downstairs. I found myself retiring to the quiet there from my conference during breaks, to have a cup of tea and some of the freshly baked cookies, and do some reading. I loved the extra touch, of the menu for the next day's breakfast (which changes daily) appearing in my room the evening before (along with turn-down, and a little chocolate square). The conference is held bi-annually, and I will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Bob R
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2010

The pictures do not even begin to validate how extremely beautifully restored this house/bed and breakfast is. Every touch has been carefully thought of throughout the entire B&B. Everyday when we returned from an afternoon of skiing the entire house smelled of warm baking cookies that were offered along with an array of coffee, teas and magazine selections.

The location is only a ten minute drive to Mt. Sunapee. If you are going to be skiing I would only recommend staying in Sunappe. The other towns (Bradford, Newport, and New London) are between 20-30 minutes from the mountain on roads that are not that great to drive on in bad weather. From what I understand it is also in walking distance to the lake.

We stayed in the spacious and warm Granliden Room. The room has a king size bed and a HUGE spa tub. We had a chance to view all the rooms. I have to say that I loved the Lighthouse room. It has soft blues and whites that I found really soothing. My boyfriend really liked the Burkhaven Room. It is a smart looking room with a kind of colonial feel.

Rosemary and Hess are warm people you know they are immediately upon meeting them. They are very accommodating with assisting in lift tickets, dinner reservations etc. Before we arrived they asked us what kind of allergies we might have. Such a relief since I can’t eat pork and my boyfriend is allergic to nuts. The breakfast was always delicious.

The only con is that you have very limited restaurant selections directly in Sunapee. For dinner you really need to drive to New London or Newport. These towns are about 15 minutes away from the Twin Doors.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank RachelLP
Georgetown, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2009

We booked 2 nights here while attending a wedding on Lake Sunapee .... and wished we could have stayed the week!
Rosemary greeted us at check-in. She was very warm and friendly and let us check-in early. Our room was beautiful! It was clean and quaint. We had a king size bed and a big tub with jet streams. The towels were super soft and there were fluffy robes in the closet. There were 2 bottles of water on the end table and a menu for next mornings breakfast. Let me mention that the breakfast was DELICIOUS! The first morning Hess served us some fresh fruit with yogurt, homemade banana bread, and stuffed French Toast, along with juice and coffee. Every afternoon snacks and beverages are available. Rosemary's delicious homemade chocolate chip cookies were set out, along with sodas, tea and cocoa. This was enjoyable after our Mt. Sunapee hike! I especially liked coming back to the room and finding dark chocolates on my pillow in the evening! If you're looking for a REAL Bed and Breakfast with hospitality, this is the real deal! We'll definitely be making a return trip!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ncdene23
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sunapee
Sunapee Lake Lodge
#1 of 2 in Henniker
Inn at Pleasant Lake
Inn at Pleasant Lake
#1 of 6 in New London

Been to Twin Doors Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!