“Eat in or go somewhere else!”
Review of One Mile West - CLOSED

One Mile West
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 1, 2013

We will not return. A special was the lobster crab cakes. They were good; however, two were served as an entree and they were tiny. They were served with asparagus, which were too young to have been picked in the first place. The asparagus were, at the most, ¼” in diameter and had the consistency of straw. Two of our party ordered the chicken parmesan, which was burned and turned over in order to conceal that fact. Those portions were plentiful. The waitress could have given a crap because she charged us a 20% tip after 2 taxes were added to the total. This was for a party of 6 people. I do not consider that standard. We were so very disappointed!

onemilewest, Owner at One Mile West, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

As the owner of One Mile West, I take great pride in what we offer our guests on a daily basis. I believe that two 4 oz LOBSTER and crab cakes for $13 is a great value. Yes, we could have made them bigger by fadding bread crumbs, but I believe that is what separates One Mile West from any run of the mill restaurant...We Care About Quality!

The statement regarding two taxes is false. We only charge the NH Meals tax of 9 percent, however we breakdown your liquor and meal purchases on your bill showing the tax for each.

We try to correct any and all issues as they arise. Had the server been made aware of any issues during your meal, we would have corrected them. For a party that had such a bad experience, not only was nothing mentioned to the server until after the bill was brought to the table, but the table ordered appetizers, entrees, and desserts.

I have reached out to this party with numerous attempts to address questions and concerns regarding their visit but do not believe this party could been satisfied irregardless of the quality or price.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

The best part about One Mile West was the salt and pepper. This was easily the WORST food I have ever had. I have willingly eaten street vendor food in South America that tasted better than every entrée at my table. After waiting almost 45 minutes for our orders (12 people in the entire restaurant – so not busy), my burger was charred black on either side to resemble a hockey puck while the inside was Ferrari red. The rest of the entrées were marinated in a pool of butter. I would highly recommend NOT eating here…

3  Thank scottrulo

As the owner of One Mile West, I am quite proud of the food we offer our guests and when there is a problem, we like to make things right.

First, when the guest was asked how the burger was cooked, the server was made aware of the fact that it was undercooked. However, when we offered to replace the burger, the server was told that it was not necessary.

Second, this party ordered two dishes, neither of which had any butter used I it's preparation, so I am quite confused by the title of this post.

Third, the picture posted in this review is not from One Mile West. We do not have any plateware that resembles what is in the picture.

I truly take exception with this "review.". I have no problem being criticized when we have done something wrong. However, not only did we to everything to make this meal as good as possible, but now we are being criticized with both false information and a fictional photo.

We at One Mile West offer great food, service and atmosphere and are proud of the product we produce each day.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I'm pretty picky about eating out, but this place has a very nice selection of entrees and sandwiches that would please just about anyone. We were there on a pretty busy night, and the service was great. The burgers were some tasty! My wife had the steak tips and they were delicious. Luckily she shared. Will definitely be returning a few more times this fall while traveling.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Our server was fantastic and provided great advice and service to our table of 10. She recommended the wings and they were great. Fried clams and steak tips were excellent. The kitchen closes at 9 pm even on Friday nights; should stay open longer.

1  Thank rondvous78
Reviewed August 27, 2013

When we first discovered this place, we loved it - not too far from home, a fresh bread bar (with soft butter), and homemade desserts WORTH the price. They've since gotten rid of the bread bar, and although we still enjoyed the food and the desserts last time, we haven't ventured back since; just somehow hasn't made it to the top of our list lately.

We thank you for your recent visit and feedback. We try to offer the best quality and service possible at One Mile West.

Due to a number of factors, we made the decision to remove the bread bar nearly two years ago. However, we do offer warm rolls to our guests with their meals.

Our first priority is ensuring that our food offerings are of top quality at a great value. We are happy to hear that you found the food to your liking and look forward to having you back again real soon.