“Could have been great !”
Review of One Mile West - CLOSED

One Mile West
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 11, 2013

We had heard that the menu had been updated so we went back to give it a try.

Restaurant was clean and server was friendly. We went at 445pm and expected it to be quiet.

The bar was filled with people, and even though the restaurant was empty they seated us in the bar area.

We ordered the steak tips at the suggestion of the waitress. The portion was small (although advertised it was 16oz for the large). The meat was chewy and the "home made sweet BBQ sauce" tasted sour.

We started with the Buffalo wing fritters which were very good. But $15 for an app.

My son had the fish and chips. Although it seemed like fresh fish it has a fishy taste to it and not tons of seasoning.

The bar crowd was very vocal and actually was having a conversation across the bar with each other which was distracting.

The place picked up and was busy, the waitress never checked on us and was MiA to get us a check.

Maybe if we had order bar food we would have been happier!

There are newer reviews for One Mile West

Reviewed July 29, 2013

this palce was nice with a nice atmosphere, food was good prices average, found it while cruising and was hungry for a good meal and was satisfied.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Have been reading the Ads in our local Shopper for quite some time for One Mile West in Sunapee, NH, and when my husband asked where I wanted to go for my birthday I told him I have been wanting to try the Lobster Roll that One Mile West that they have been advertising. We haven't been there for years and I have been impressed with their ads and really wanted to like this place. The restaurant itself is very comfortable and we were seated by a nice open window in a corner. A good start. I ordered the Lobster Roll with a baked potato and my husband orders a fried Haddock sandwich and sweet potato fries. When it arrived my lobster roll looked amazing....6 oz of lobster knuckle meat on a nice roll. I am not an expect on lobster, but this lobster was not a lobster salad I expected but big chunks that we kind of dry and tasteless with nothing really holding them together. I also expected the lobster to be juicy and tender and it was kind of hard and rubbery. My husbands fried haddock had a hard shell on it that was covered with grease which he promptly took off. He also wasn't impressed with the quality of the fish. I'm sure they have some good dishes as the parking lot was full and people were waiting and more walking in as we were leaving. I also found their prices kind of high compared to similar restaurants and the prices on the menu were higher then the menu I looked at previously on their website. I don't know if I will try it again anytime soon. Maybe I will watch the Shopper until something else gets my attention.

onemilewest, Owner at One Mile West, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Thanks for your recent visit. As the owner, who is on-site everyday, I take great pride in serving the best ingredients possible at the best value possible. I would like to address a few things in your review. First, did you mention any of your issues to our staff? If you had, we would have gladly attempted to fix whatever issues you had with your meals. We use fresh seafood and are proud of the reputation we have gained for what we serve. As for your issue with pricing, we offer items from $7-$24 on our menu in order to try to offer something for everyone, and I believe when you compare similar dishes, our prices will beat many other establishments. We will continue to offer the best value possible to our customers and hope that you will choose to return to take advantage.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

I love the new menu at One Mile West, I appreciate that it changes with the season and offers each entree prepared to order with fresh ingredients. The food is awesome and I've never had a bad meal there and considering the world class dishes offered the prices are more than reasonable. The atmosphere is warm, friendly and comfortable. The staff is also friendly and professional. I highly recommend this restaurant, there is something for everyone available from their menu.

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We certainly do our very best to offer great food, great value, in a fun atmosphere. We appreciate when this is recognized by so many of our patrons. We look forward to having you back real soon.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

So so food...pretty nice atmosphere. Very friendly staff anf the prices are fair. This is more of a local haunt then a place to eat while on vacation.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
onemilewest, Owner at One Mile West, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Thank you for the best 3 star review I have ever read. YES, we do love our locals...our very loyal and dedicated locals who dine with us year round. As a year round establishment in a tourist area, our locals are vital to our success. We try to offer the best value possible to each of our guests in a relaxed atmosphere and believe this is recognized by most of our guests. We hope that you will decide to come back and spend time with our regulars and enjoy a great meal.