“Not bad”
Review of One Mile West - CLOSED

One Mile West
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Madison, CT
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not bad”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

So so food...pretty nice atmosphere. Very friendly staff anf the prices are fair. This is more of a local haunt then a place to eat while on vacation.

Visited July 2013
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

onemilewest, Owner at One Mile West, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Thank you for the best 3 star review I have ever read. YES, we do love our locals...our very loyal and dedicated locals who dine with us year round. As a year round establishment in a tourist area, our locals are vital to our success. We try to offer the best value possible to each of our guests in a relaxed atmosphere and believe this is recognized by most of our guests. We hope that you will decide to come back and spend time with our regulars and enjoy a great meal.

Long Island, NY
“Not all change is good.”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We were disappointed in the change in menu at One Mile West. We come to the area once a year and look forward to dining here - especially enjoying the bread bar! The entire place has changed and while we were told it was the same owner, we were kind of disappointed with the new menu. I'm not saying the food was bad, just not what we were expecting from what we remembered on the old menu. Two diners had the California Chicken Sandy, one had the OMW Tender Tips, one had the burger and I had the "Candied" Walnut Gorganzola salad. I put "Candied" in quotes because since it was the first item in the salad description one would expect the walnuts to be candied. Actually they were just plain old walnuts thrown on top! I added grilled shrimp for $7 and got 4 medium-size shrimp. I was a little disappointed in the size of the shrimp for the price I paid. I enjoyed the dressing served with the salad but BOY, did I miss those "candied" walnuts! Basically, all our meals were pretty good but we didn't set out to visit OMW and have sandwiches and salads. We were looking forward to a nice dinner but none of the limited entrees really intrigued us. I guess we might go back again when we're up this way but not on this trip.

• Visited July 2013
onemilewest, Owner at One Mile West, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thanks for your recent visit and review. As the owner of One Mile West I have made a deliberate decision to shrink our menu, but ensure that each dish is prepared fresh and at the best value possible. As an independent restaurant, it is difficult when we are compared to many chain restaurants which are using a lesser, and often times per-made product. I take great pride that we have actual cooks who can cook. If there is something that is not on the menu, simply ask and if we have the ingredients we can and will make it for you. I would appreciate it if you could email me at onemilewest@gmail.com with specific concerns regarding the menu. What items were you hoping to see? While we try to compliment our regular menu with daily specials, we are always looking for feedback on how to better serve our guests. We hope to see you again real soon.
Montvale, New Jersey
“Traveled from NJ for our second visit!”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

This is a great restaurant for a nice casual dinner. The locals and the waitresses are very friendly. I had the salad with grilled sirloin on top. The salad was fresh and crisp the blue cheese dressing went perfectly with it. The sirloin did have a few tough pieces in it that I couldn't chew but I still enjoyed the meal. The rest of my family enjoyed their meals...no complaints:)
The locals are very friendly and it is a welcoming and clean place to visit, especially if you are from out of town. I have posted a couple pictures of my meal, the bar and the flowers outside.

• Visited July 2013
3 Thank Ann H
onemilewest, Owner at One Mile West, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Glad to have you back from Jersey. We have made a real effort to ensure the best quality and value possible with our menu and i am glad to hear that everyone enjoyed their meal. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
New Hampshire
“seafood risotto was excellent”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I have been there a few times and the food is always good. The employees are friendly. Over the winter I had one of the best meals ever...The seafood risotto. They didn't have it last time I went to I got the lobster roll which was overflowing with lobster!

• Visited June 2013
onemilewest, Owner at One Mile West, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thanks for your recent return visit! The Seafood Risotto is run as a special from time to time, so hopefully you will see it again real soon. We try to give the best value possible with our entire menu and believe our lobster roll is just one example of this - real lobster meat stuffed into the roll. Thanks for taking notice!
boston
“Worth A Visit”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Dining options in Sunapee are few. Here's the thing: the food here is good. I've been a number of times, and each time, the menu has had something to surprise me, something to remind me that this is not just another fair-to-middling ski area restaurant. The staff is friendly and super patient with kids, though often slow. Worth checking out, and definitely beats its (spare) competition!

• Visited February 2013
onemilewest, Owner at One Mile West, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thanks for your recent visit to One Mile West. We appreciate you taking notice of our changing menu as we love to try to offer new and exciting dining options at a great value. We are proud of the fact that we are not a "Fast Food" establishment, as we cook each meal to order...and yes, sometimes on a busy holiday weekend it may take a few extra minutes. Ultimately, we hope that the finished product speaks for itself - from our staff to our menu. We look forward to surprising you again with new menu options in the near future.