“Americana” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Sunapee
New England
“Americana”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2006

My wife and I stayed at Burkehaven by chance. What a pleasant surprise. The words that best describe it are: quaint, americana, pride-of-ownership. The rooms were very clean and very well equipped. The continental breakfast was more than adequate. We will definately be repeat customers for years to come.

• Liked — Clean rooms and fair price
  • Disliked — The room could have used an extra chair.
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled with family
      Location
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank rockhill30

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2006

My husband and I have been going to the Burkehaven for our anniversary every year. Doris and Rick have made our anniversary special and memorable in a different way each year. This year Doris gave us a "Taxi Ride" to the habor to catch the dinner boat. Every year my husband and I ride our motorcycles and this year it poured when it was time for us to catch the dinner boat and thanks to Doris we stayed dry for dinner! Over the past 7 years we have stayed at the Burkehaven and enjoyed our stay more each year. They have done a wonderful job with updating and decorating each room with a beautiful touch of character. We highly recommend the Burkehaven!!!

• Liked — the staff and the character of the motel
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple
      Location
2 Thank mainejordan
MA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2006

I had made a resveration about 3 weeks ago as my wife and I would ben in the area for a wedding. Less then 2 weeks before my stay I was called and told that there was a mistake made and my room was no longer available.

A reservation with a confirmation number should mean that the room is confirmed.

• Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank joshs

Travelers are raving about these Sunapee hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2006

My stay at Burkehaven Lodge was wonderful. The owners and staff made me feel welcome and right at home. I was free to enjoy the amenities at my leisure. The room was very clean, organized and comfortable. The view of the mountain in the morning was inspiring and the perfect remnder for me to slow down, unwind, and relax- just what I needed. The League of New Hampshire Craftsmen exhibit at nearby Mt. Sunapee was incredible. The weather was extremely hot, so a dip in the pool at the lodge or a visit to the nearby state beach were both refreshing.
My visit was a delightful experience and I will definitely be back to the Lodge when I visit the area again.

• Stayed August 2005
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Phila. PA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2006

I never got the opportunity to stay at the Burkhaven and I never will. I advise you to go elsewhere.
We had to cancel our reservation for a ski weekend in January due to my daughter sustaining an injury the day before. We acknowledged our obligation for partial payment of the room for each night but were told that we would not be responsible for the total if they were able to rent the room.
We called each night to check on the room availability more for our curiosity and were told they were full. However, when I called after the weekend I was told they were not able to fill the room. In fact I was told they did not appreciate my "dishonesty" in calling to check. When my wife called to complain they laughed at her and hung up within 30 seconds.
This is currently in dispute with my credit card company . The owners of the Burkehaven deny everything including our phone call each night to them.
Be forwarned !!!

9 Thank amc nut
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2005

My stay at the Burkehaven Lodge nearly ruined my trip to Sunapee. It was incredibly over priced and the staff as RUDE. I would NEVER recommend for anyone to stay at this motel.

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
, owner at Burkehaven Lodge, responded to this review, December 3, 2005
The Burkehaven is not only a lodging facility it is our home. When guests check in we do not expect to see several extra guests sneaking into the room or using our facilities. It is extemely unfair to our paying guests. Also, we are not a party place, we are more towards family. We have quiet time at 10pm in consideration to our other guests and our neighbors. We have been told by many other guests they feel home away from home. We are AAA approved and very proud of our establisment. If you want a very relaxing time with your family or a romantic evening with a fireplace, this is the place for you. If you want to party we are the wrong choice.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sunapee
Sunapee Lake Lodge
#1 of 2 in Sunapee
Follansbee Inn
Follansbee Inn
#1 of 3 in Sutton

Been to Burkehaven Lodge? Share your experiences!