“Excellent View”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Sunapee
Boston, Massachusetts
“Excellent View”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

We probably had the best room in the place for viewing Mt. Sunapee. After a day of skiing, it was a nice quiet place to relax. Continental breakfast was convenient and tasty. We will return. The proprietor was very friendly and helpful (we had to call fro directions).

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank H-Man45

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed February 28, 2014 via mobile

Quiet convenient accommodations near Sunapee skiing and water sports! Clean, private and comfortable. Comfortable beds. Great price and the owner/operator, who is a very nice man, got us lift tickets for 36$ each-about half price, so we stayed a few extra nights. (Anyone who skis/rides knows the lift tickets can be very expensive. I believe they're 90$ at killington)

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Mercedes T
vermont
Reviewed January 30, 2014

I just read the review from inky2001. She tried to stay there in sept.20013. She is spot on about the management there. The owner is ":nuts" and if he does not get his way he will curse at you etc. The walls between the rooms are paper thin so you can hear everything going on next door.
Just go to the Best Western down the road and be satisfied.

Room Tip: They are all old rooms need upgrading to present standards.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank mrslick

Travelers are raving about these Sunapee hotels

Tyler, Texas
Reviewed October 24, 2013

We were Texans traveling through New England leaf-peeping. We made internet reservations in advanced. The place was a little hard to find but in a beautiful setting. This is an older establishment but well kept, the room good size but dated, owner friendly, breakfast ok (cereal, oatmeal, fruit, bagels, toast). The only complaint I would have is the size of the shower. I am a thin person and old, so bending over in the tight space was difficult, for a larger person impossible.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank BobTayne
Thompson, Connecticut
Reviewed October 12, 2013

I arrived to a motel with no office manager to be found!! I was approached by an elderly gentleman that had to contact mnger that a guest needed to register.It was the hottest/ worst heatwave in New England for a week with a dew pt. 70+.I proceeded to settle into my room, anticipating of a nice A.C. room, after a 3 hr. trek to find out there was no A.C. Anyway, I had a + aditude that I woundn't be in my motel room constantly & that I was here to enjoy a visit with my girlfriend!! Well,in the course of the 5hr. stay, I experienced, an old man who encouraging me to use the fan in the closet to cool off & ,( told me several times), to go for a swim in the pool.I was out 4 several hrs. to arrive to no electricity.At that pt.I felt unsafe, being a woman alone with no official guests around & no mnger around. Not to mention that it would be dark in 15 min.There was no cellphone service & no landline pnones in rooms!I decided to leave & asked Rick-proprietor to refund my $. He immediately said "NO" & told me there was something wrong w/ me & that I was a flake!! I contacted 911 for fear that his verbal abuse would turn physically violent! I was scared! Sunapee,NH. police arrived & told me to leave. I did file legal complaints to my Bank of America VISA Card & to N.H. Attorney General James T. Boffetti.Subsequently, I was told by both, that Rick did nothing wrong because he had the room available when I had arrived!!! Frightening, improper business & rude practices apparently don't constitute a safe, humane,& descent stay!! To all who are looking for a wonderful stay, book @ Best Western Sunapee Lake Lodge!!! They were my rescue that fateful night!! They gave me back my faith in hotel travel!!! Sincerely, R.O. P.S.I was told by my credit card co. that they would credit me $50.00. I await that.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
5 Thank inky2001
nh
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This is a really lovely motel with great views and nice out of the way location. Everything was clean and nicely appointed. We will be visiting this motel again next year. The continental breakfast was also very nice and the lodge setting with the dining room table felt like home. Highly recommend this motel.

Room Tip: I stayed twice and both rooms would nice. I feel that any room would be the same.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank buddymav
Woburn, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I was nervous but no one else would take a family of five, The rooms were larger than expected and very clean. Nothing special about the breakfast but free, the owner was always coming back to refresh the food. The maid was very sociable. The owner was always a quick call a way. No air conditioner but there was a fan in every room. Unfortunately we were there in 90+ degrees. The view was amazing. If you are looking for a leaf peeping place this place seems great.They also have a pass you can use to go to beach. If you like walking in woods and up hills this is a great area. Would go back. The dining room has board games for the kids to play.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank WOBMOM
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sunapee
Sunapee Lake Lodge
#1 of 3 in Sutton
King Hill Inn
King Hill Inn
#3 of 6 in New London

Been to Burkehaven Lodge? Share your experiences!