“Great Ice Cream”
Review of Sanctuary Farm

Sanctuary Farm
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Sunapee
Reviewed November 3, 2014

Sanctuary Farm is a great place to get ice cream especially if you have children. The Ice cream is hand made and the service is great!

Date of visit: August 2014
Write a reviewReviews (92)

Reviewed September 10, 2014

My cousin is the owner of the place, I used to go all the time when my family vacationed In NH when I was a kid. But I haven't come here in years, It looked the exact same but I could truly appreciate the beauty of it beyond the ice cream. But the ice cream is delicious you can truly taste the difference with it being homemade.The little farm stand was awesome too, I got some grade A honey and very natural blueberry pancake mix, I highly recommend you stop by there, If you have kids they will love petting all the free range animals

Date of visit: September 2014
Reviewed August 30, 2014

This a great local summer attraction. The ice cream is made on site using cream and milk from that from. Started by a young boy, the quality is top notch. Eating outside and watch the goats and donkeys is a,plus.

Reviewed August 26, 2014

Just had a double scoop of vanilla and peach and feel no guilt. Not only was it delicious and absolutely no doubt hand made one batch at a time, but allowed me to support local farmers doing more than their fair share of good. The farmers are 10th generation dairy men, they have a solar panel array near the rescue donkies, have a foot pedaled wash stand to clean hands and a play area for kids under the shade of trees. And they also support the local old fashioned soda maker in town. I'd say it's the only way to top off a day in the area.

Reviewed August 17, 2014

I work at the Sunapee Lake Lodge in Newbury, 5 minutes from the farm. I love that I can tell all the visiting families about this wonderful place and the family that runs it. The ice cream is amazing and the setting is absolutely blissful. The farm really is a great example of the values that we're proud of in New England. Family operated - fresh ingredients - happy animals - working hard and playing hard. Sanctuary Dairy Farm is a very special and inspiring place. Bring your badminton rackets and be sure to try the banana split ;)

Date of visit: July 2014