“Place were Steven Tyler met Joe Perry”

Anchorage Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 16 Restaurants in Sunapee
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Pub
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
East Windsor, Connecticut
“Place were Steven Tyler met Joe Perry”
Reviewed August 19, 2014

Over the years this place has changed with the times. I was an ice cream parlor, had a gameroom in the back were the bar is now. The patio has great harbour views and the hill in front of you has natural cave formations that Native Americans actually used. Food is great and prices reasonable for a resort town.

Visited September 2013

Grantham, New Hampshire
“On the lake”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Typical resturant built on the lake. I have eaten here for many years because it is convenient and I have few options. This place could be a real landmark if it were fixed up and they put a little more care into the service.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank DorcieMitchell
Baltimore, Maryland
“Best seafood chowder in New Hampshire”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

The Anchorage restaurant is an old and charming venue that has THE most outstanding seafood chowder around. It is situated on the Lake Sunapee Harbor and nothing can beat sitting out on the outside deck in the summer. The portions of all their meals are huge. Their lobster roll was filled with fresh lobster. This is a terrific restaurant, not to be missed.

Visited August 2013
“A wonderful Sunday brunch.”
Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

This was my first visit to Sunapee Lake. I always look for a place to have a meal on the waters edge if its available. The Anchorage Restaurant is that place here. I was greeted with smiles and was able to select my own table on the patio overlooking the harbor. Within minutes I had my drink and placed my order for the lobster roll which I would recommend. No drama at all. Enjoyed the view, the food and the personnel. Thanks Anchorage. See ya again some day.

• Visited July 2013
Long Island, NY
“Wait??? Are you kidding me???”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We walked into the Anchorage a little after noon and the dining room inside was empty. We asked for a table for 4 and were told we would have to wait. We asked, "Are all these tables taken by someone??" and were told, "the kitchen told me to make everyone wait. They can't keep up with the orders." That's what you like to hear when you're hungry and want a bite to eat. Since there are not that many options for dining, we decided to wait it out. It only took us about 10 minutes for a table. We were listening as other diners arrived and were told "a 30 minute wait," and they must have had the same thoughts we did. The young man at the front was taking names so he could call people as they were able to be seated. One woman said her name was Joan and he asked "How do you spell that?" We had to spell our name, too! It was kind of funny and we had a little laugh at it. Too bad we started off on the wrong foot because our meals were actually very good. The burgers were cooked perfectly, and my grandson even said they were the best French fries he had ever had. Maybe a little help in the front of the house would go a long way and certainly help in the kitchen if they couldn't handle the crowd they had. We wonder what they would do if the place was packed?

• Visited July 2013