“Great Food”

Wildwood Smokehouse
Ranked #3 of 16 Restaurants in Sunapee
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Description: New restaurant opened approximately 12/15/2010.
Description: New restaurant opened approximately 12/15/2010.
Reviewed August 16, 2012

We tried smoked ribs, brisket, and pork, and everyone loved it and the side dishes were yummy too. Next time I will try the smoked chicken.

1  Thank kayaknski

Reviewed August 4, 2012

Upon walking in this place last year I was very impressed with the richly appointed saloon decor. Double doors, corner bar seat is a saddle, velvety wallpaper and 'wanted' posters everywhere...how cool! I've tried a few things on their menu, all homemade, but my hands down favorite is the pulled pork sandwich and the coleslaw. Best I've ever had. Ive been served by Waverly or the owner Debbie, both friendly and swift service. It is a small space but it totally works. I go back anytime I'm in the area.

1  Thank Abigail A
Reviewed July 26, 2012

This is the 3rd time my boyfriend and I have eaten at Wildwood. We have found it to be an altogether pleasant experience each time.

The atmosphere is wonderful, it just screams "wild west" There are cactuses, framed wanted posters, and even a saddle-seat you can sit on at the bar. Be prepared, though - this restaurant is pretty small. There are about 10 seats around the bar, 2 booths and a table. When we went it was pretty packed, but I like the cozy aspect of the restaurant.

Now, I'm no food connoisseur by any means, but I've enjoyed the food I've gotten at Wildwood. The stuffed spud, which is a baked potato covered with brisket and melted cheese - so good. They also have great nachos, and yummy cornbread.

2  Thank Tiffany M
Reviewed July 18, 2012

I should have known better than to eat at a place with no one inside. The food tasted dry and reheated in a microwave and when I mentioned this to the server/ owner? she rudely told me that it was in fact reheated and that she can't cook fresh food everyday. Not only was this not fresh it was disgustingly dry. There are so many good places in Sunapee and New London to eat this is not one of them!

12  Thank airicab
Reviewed July 14, 2012

We have desperately tried to love Wildwood, but every time has turned into a disappointment. We have ordered takeout from here four times. Every time the order is wrong, the ribs are tough, the flavor is lacking. This time we tried a couple of the sandwiches and ordered a bunch of sides. Of the five sides we ordered, only one of them was what we got (and this has happened every time). The sandwiches were awful and when we opened the Styrofoam the sandwich was a blob of soggy bread and cold pulled chicken. We were so excited when this restaurant opened and thought the idea was great, but the execution has been severely lacking.

9  Thank Nefo