“Great atmosphere, yummy food”

Wildwood Smokehouse
Ranked #3 of 16 Restaurants in Sunapee
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Description: New restaurant opened approximately 12/15/2010.
Description: New restaurant opened approximately 12/15/2010.
Reviewed July 26, 2012

This is the 3rd time my boyfriend and I have eaten at Wildwood. We have found it to be an altogether pleasant experience each time.

The atmosphere is wonderful, it just screams "wild west" There are cactuses, framed wanted posters, and even a saddle-seat you can sit on at the bar. Be prepared, though - this restaurant is pretty small. There are about 10 seats around the bar, 2 booths and a table. When we went it was pretty packed, but I like the cozy aspect of the restaurant.

Now, I'm no food connoisseur by any means, but I've enjoyed the food I've gotten at Wildwood. The stuffed spud, which is a baked potato covered with brisket and melted cheese - so good. They also have great nachos, and yummy cornbread.

2  Thank Tiffany M
There are newer reviews for Wildwood Smokehouse

Reviewed July 18, 2012

I should have known better than to eat at a place with no one inside. The food tasted dry and reheated in a microwave and when I mentioned this to the server/ owner? she rudely told me that it was in fact reheated and that she can't cook fresh food everyday. Not only was this not fresh it was disgustingly dry. There are so many good places in Sunapee and New London to eat this is not one of them!

12  Thank airicab
Reviewed July 14, 2012

We have desperately tried to love Wildwood, but every time has turned into a disappointment. We have ordered takeout from here four times. Every time the order is wrong, the ribs are tough, the flavor is lacking. This time we tried a couple of the sandwiches and ordered a bunch of sides. Of the five sides we ordered, only one of them was what we got (and this has happened every time). The sandwiches were awful and when we opened the Styrofoam the sandwich was a blob of soggy bread and cold pulled chicken. We were so excited when this restaurant opened and thought the idea was great, but the execution has been severely lacking.

9  Thank Nefo
Reviewed June 5, 2012

what a very pleasant surprise when we wandered into this tiny little restaurant. great atmosphere, great service, amazing food. Going back again asap.

1  Thank KD625
Reviewed March 13, 2012

I thought I was in Dodge City or on the set of GUN SMOKE... a truely fun place and the food fantastic bring the whole family. The ribs are to die for. I think better than TEXAS
Bettys in Houston, TX . Bring your horses, we did. The owners name is Deb