“A wonderful place” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sugar Hill Inn

Sugar Hill Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
Sugar Hill Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 4 Restaurants in Sugar Hill
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Route 116
Description: Sugar Hill Inn is a romantic getaway known for culinary adventure. We have a European philosophy about dining. The table is yours for the evening. Take your time to enjoy the candlelight, cozy fire and amazing views with the combination of great food, wine and conversation. Our four course menu offers a well balance symphony of flavors and leads guests through a leisurely, romantic and artistic culinary experience. Great wines and a full bar selection enhances the experience. The Sugar Hill Inn has received the Distinguished Restaurants of North America (DiRoNA)"s Achievement of Distinction in Dining award and the Wine Spectator Award! Member of the Select Registry, Yankee Magazine Editors' Choice and featured in "Everyday with Rachel Ray.
Sutton, Massachusetts
“A wonderful place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

The Sugar Hill Inn is exactly what you'd expect in a classic New England inn. A cozy, charming 1700's farmhouse with a 1920's addition, with hardwood floors that have a "creek" to them as you walk. We were greeted by "Katie" (a nice old dog) when we arrived, and Karen checked us in to our room. The room was spacious and had a gas-fired fireplace which took the chill out, and a large bath tub with water jets. My wife had a relaxing bath while I explored the grounds and buildings. At 4 o'clock we enjoyed tea and a light snack (complimentary) of cold cuts, sliced tomatoes, and bread. At 7, we were promptly seated for dinner near a window. Our dinner was delicious. We have dined in Athens, Rome, Paris, India, London, the Caribbean, and all over the USA. Our dinner at the SHI rivaled any one of the restaurants in any of those places! We both had the tenderloin and it was cooked perfectly. It melted in our mouths. By the way, if you want a fast meal, this isn't the place...go find a Burger King. The meals here are served European style. The table is yours for the evening and there is NO rush. Courses are spaced out reasonably to savor each with time between to sip your wine and talk. After dinner, we watched a little TV and read before retiring to our very comfortable king-sized bed. Coffee-making is available in the room, bathrobes, etc. Finally, a complimentary breakfast is served...Don't miss this place! Thanks to Karen, Steve, staff, and of course, Katie!! Tony and Andrea...

• Visited May 2013

Littleton, MA
“Good special occasion meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

My husband and I chose to dine at this Inn to celebrate our anniversary. The meal was very good, although I have to say I was a bit put off by the $11-14 glass of wine prices. Last.year we chose what I thought would be a comparable experience at the Inn at Pleasant Lake in New London, NH.
Although comparably priced, the dining experience at the Inn at Pleasant Lake is far superior. I realize my expectations were high,but the dinner didn't live up to my expectations for $60 a person.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Steve A, Owner at Sugar Hill Inn, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thank you so much for dining with us and taking the time to write a review.
Sure, we could serve a glass of wine for $6. Many restaurants buy cheep stuff by the gallon, add huge markups and make a lot of money in the process but that is not who we are. At the Sugar Hill Inn we are about creating special experiences. Many of our guests are celebrating special occasions. That glass of wine should be memorable. Our wines by the glass change frequently but generally range from $9.50 to $14.

Whether we are selecting wine or chocolates for the rooms, getting it right is a big deal to us. We buy wines that we love, add a modest markup and enjoy sharing them with our guests. We treat the wine pro and novice with equal respect.

We have over 100 wines from around the world. Our list has won Wine Spectators Award of Excellence. In the evaluation process, Wine Spectator has classified our list as representing exceptional value.

I studied the website of your favorite restaurant and it looks delightful. I noticed that their pricing is basically the same as the Sugar Hill Inn but they offer less selection.
scarsdale, ny
“Charming Restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

If you wanted to film a movie on a perfect b and b with a dinner setting, you could not do wrong with SHI. This place scores off the charts for ambience. As it is, the restaurant is quite good, though the starters and desserts outpaced the entree. The service team is very accomodating. A drink at the bar is always a relaxing way to start the dinner here. I can only imagine what this place is like during summer.

I did not stay at the Inn but would strongly recommend the restaurant for an adult night out. While I enjoyed the NY sirloin, it was not a "5" in my book. Everything else was, however.

Steve A, Owner at Sugar Hill Inn, responded to this review, May 11, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We read all reviews and comment cards very carefully. Based upon the input of this guest along with others, we made an important decision for the restaurant. We had been alternating, on the menu, between the beef tenderloin and the sirloin steak, thinking that this would provide more selection for our frequent diners and those guests dining multiple nights at the inn. We learned that while most of our guests really liked the sirloin, they all loved the tenderloin. We buy the whole tenderloins and hand cut the steaks. I have frequently heard guests say that it is the best beef they have ever had. So based upon guest feedback we will always have the beef tenderloin on the menu.
Roebling, New Jersey
“Romantic Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

Prix fix...a little pricey but nice...excellent food and atmosphere...small inn and restaurant with fireplace...very romantic.

• Visited February 2013
Chicago, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A true gem!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2012

My husband and I had a delicious dinner at the Sugar Hill Inn. Everything was perfectly executed and it's clear the chef has mastered his craft. Stand-out items from our selections included the trio of soups, the caesar salad (served in a flaky parmesan crisp bowl), truffle mac and cheese, and the carrot cake whoopie pie. Service was excellent - refined and attentive without the irritating theatrics that so many servers seem to bring to the job. Allowed my husband and I to enjoy our meal and wonderful conversation in a beautiful setting. Coming from Chicago, we've had the good fortune of enjoying many upscale restaurants over the years and this place gives any of them a run for their money. (Speaking of money, the $60 prix-fixe for food of this quality is a steal.) Don't miss this place if you're looking for a special dining experience.

• Visited December 2012