“Charming Restaurant”
Review of Sugar Hill Inn

Sugar Hill Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
Sugar Hill Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 4 Restaurants in Sugar Hill
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Route 116
Description: Sugar Hill Inn is a romantic getaway known for culinary adventure. We have a European philosophy about dining. The table is yours for the evening. Take your time to enjoy the candlelight, cozy fire and amazing views with the combination of great food, wine and conversation. Our four course menu offers a well balance symphony of flavors and leads guests through a leisurely, romantic and artistic culinary experience. Great wines and a full bar selection enhances the experience. The Sugar Hill Inn has received the Distinguished Restaurants of North America (DiRoNA)"s Achievement of Distinction in Dining award and the Wine Spectator Award! Member of the Select Registry, Yankee Magazine Editors' Choice and featured in "Everyday with Rachel Ray.
Reviewed February 19, 2013

If you wanted to film a movie on a perfect b and b with a dinner setting, you could not do wrong with SHI. This place scores off the charts for ambience. As it is, the restaurant is quite good, though the starters and desserts outpaced the entree. The service team is very accomodating. A drink at the bar is always a relaxing way to start the dinner here. I can only imagine what this place is like during summer.

I did not stay at the Inn but would strongly recommend the restaurant for an adult night out. While I enjoyed the NY sirloin, it was not a "5" in my book. Everything else was, however.

Steve A, Owner at Sugar Hill Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We read all reviews and comment cards very carefully. Based upon the input of this guest along with others, we made an important decision for the restaurant. We had been alternating, on the menu, between the beef tenderloin and the sirloin steak, thinking that this would provide more selection for our frequent diners and those guests dining multiple nights at the inn. We learned that while most of our guests really liked the sirloin, they all loved the tenderloin. We buy the whole tenderloins and hand cut the steaks. I have frequently heard guests say that it is the best beef they have ever had. So based upon guest feedback we will always have the beef tenderloin on the menu.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Prix fix...a little pricey but nice...excellent food and atmosphere...small inn and restaurant with fireplace...very romantic.

Reviewed December 24, 2012

My husband and I had a delicious dinner at the Sugar Hill Inn. Everything was perfectly executed and it's clear the chef has mastered his craft. Stand-out items from our selections included the trio of soups, the caesar salad (served in a flaky parmesan crisp bowl), truffle mac and cheese, and the carrot cake whoopie pie. Service was excellent - refined and attentive without the irritating theatrics that so many servers seem to bring to the job. Allowed my husband and I to enjoy our meal and wonderful conversation in a beautiful setting. Coming from Chicago, we've had the good fortune of enjoying many upscale restaurants over the years and this place gives any of them a run for their money. (Speaking of money, the $60 prix-fixe for food of this quality is a steal.) Don't miss this place if you're looking for a special dining experience.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Sugar Hill in for a few days (Sept. 20- 22nd) to celebrate our first wedding anniversary. While we were there, we dined at the Inn's restaurant, and it was a fantastic experience!

We had made reservations about a month ahead of time, and told them we would be celebrating our anniverary. We had pre-dinner drinks (that were excellent) at the bar, and were promptly seated at 7pm (our reservation time) to a reserved table (even though the restaurant was slow) that was their best table in the house. They had candles light, and the atmosphere was great. Our waitor (Dan?) was professional, knowledgable and friendly. We were not rushed to order, and he had great recommendations about food choices and wine.

The food was amazing. We started the meal with warm bread and butter. We soon had a sample dish from the chef. It was called mouge bouge (?spelling) which was basically a slider made from filet mignon. It was served on fire toasted bread, lightly seasoned with sea salt, a small piece of lettuce and small piece of tomato. Even though only a bite, it could be the best thing I have ever eaten. It was cooked perfectly and it melted in my mouth. For our first course, my husband got the trio of soups, which was ox-tail, muscle bisque and corn-truffle (I believe). The three flavors were very complimentary of each other, and all perfectly seasoned. I started with pumpkin risotto, served with a sunny side egg on top. The flavors went together so well, and it was fantastic. We both had "Chef Val's Signature Caesar Salad" next and it was delicious. The homemade dressing was well balanced and appropriately garlicky, tangy and creamy. For our entrees, my husband had the lamb and it was cooked perfectly. I had the truffle mac and cheese, and it was tangy, creamy and had the slightest hint of truffle. I would have liked a little more truffle flavor. Our wine was delicious and went well with out meals. We had an excellently selected port wine with our desserts, which were presented on plates that had "Happy Anniversary" written on them. It was a nice touch.

We also had breakfast at the inn the two mornings we were there, and everything was again cooked perfectly and delicious!

We will definitely plan to go back, and will absolutely tell our family and friends about our fantastic experience.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

Beautiful presentations, perfectly cooked, great taste! Outstanding! Their home made granola is to die for!