“Amazing pancakes, service, and the full maple treatment”

Polly's Pancake Parlor
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Sugar Hill
Cuisines: American
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed June 27, 2013

My husband and I want to add yet another 100% positive review for Polly's. You can try pancakes exactly as you'd like them with the pancake sampler where you get 6 pancakes in up to 3 flavors. Try a variety of batters (like plain, buckwheat, whole wheat, buttermilk, or - my favorite - cornmeal - with the additions of your choice, like blueberries, walnuts, chocolate chips, etc. Your server will cook your order promptly - her or him self - and bring your first round of 3, then bring the second round just as you are ready, so the cakes are always hot. There's a tray with all the maple syrup you want, maple sugar for your coffee or tea, butter or margarine, a maple/salt/pepper combo that's great on eggs. The best place for pancakes, bar none. No exageration!

Reviewed June 27, 2013

I was told about Pollys by a friend and I am glad I tried it. A charming rustic restaurant where breakfast is the specialty. Pancakes of every type imaginable are on the menu. The place has a family atmosphere but is just as fun for couples. If you are in the area make sure you give it a try.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

I had first visited Polly's some twenty five years ago and for one reason or another, had not been back in a good twenty years. In all this time, I have never forgotten Polly's. I finally made it back and I am happy to say that the food is just as wonderful as I remembered. If you go during the week, they will take reservations though I believe they do not on weekends. We went twice during the 3rd week of June and while quite busy, the wait for a table was not bad for those without reservations. The pasture and fields around the restaurant were in full wildflower bloom during the week of our visit and the view was stunning.

My wife, son and I all ordered the combo pancake sampler (on both occasions) which is six pancakes of any three types of batters with any of the add ins such as blueberries, nuts, etc... along with a meat side (locally smoked bacon, chicken/apple sausage links or patties). On the table is a pitcher of maple syrup, a jar of maple spread and granulated maple sugar which is great in the coffee. There are daily specials on the board and they offer a full breakfast (and lunch) menu. The pancakes are brought out three at a time so they don't get cold and the timing of the waitresses is spot on. We tried the muffins too and they are just as good as I'd expected. What can I possibly add that has not been said. I miss it already!

Reviewed June 24, 2013

We stop at this restaurant while we were driving the country side, because we saw a lot of cars parked there.
Seemed like a good sign : we were not disappointed !

They were seriously the best pancakes I ever had, they were absolutely perfect. I wasn't hungry coming in but I think we ate 10 pancakes each with my girlfriend. We tried the plain ones, the blueberry ones, the chocolate ones, all were excellent ; topped with as much home made maple syrup as you want.
The price was good and the service very friendly and quick.
Anyone travelling in that region should drop by and have breakfast there !

If you seat by the windows, you'll also get a very nice view of the mountains in the background.

Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

Pancakes pancakes pancakes. This place is great yeah all tourists but so am I. You must go here. Pancakes come out of the kitchen slow hot and tasty. If there's a wait it's worth it.