“Extraordinary!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sugar Hill
The Victorian on Sunset Hill
Ranked #4 of 4 Sugar Hill B&B and Inns
Princeton, Massachusetts
“Extraordinary!”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Wonderful! Fabulous! Beautiful! I could continue with adjectives only! My husband and I visited over Labor Day weekend, staying Saturday and Sunday, and were so fortunate to stumble upon this lovely B&B. We actually had reservations at a different area B&B, where they forgot to mention they were hosting a wedding that weekend (hmm...). We told them to cancel our reservation and took a drive around the area seeking alternate accommodations. We initially drove past the Victorian - thinking that the property was so beautiful it must be out of our price range. Wrong! Their prices are very reasonable, and the quality, ambiance and charm of this B&B is without compare. We have travelled to many B&B's throughout the U.S., England and Ireland - The Victorian on Sunset Hill is the best place we have ever stayed! John and Nancy, the owners and innkeepers, are friendly, funny, fantastic folks - who greeted us with a bottle of wine, cheese and crackers, and pleasant evening conversation while we sat on their lovely front porch and looked out over the White Mountains! Talk about a view! They are a wealth of information about the area and we took their advice the next day on a couple of hiking trails. We stayed in the Sunrise, green room which was exceedingly elegant and comfortable. Breakfast was absolutely delicious both mornings! John is a terrific chef - and the food presentation was artful! Oh, and the freshly baked cookies for afternoon 'tea' - YUM! John and Nancy spoiled us rotten! The whole home is amazingly furnished with quality, comfortable pieces and a flair for decorating! The mountain views from anywhere in the house are magnificent! John and Nancy - thank you so much for a truly relaxing and wonderful weekend! We'll be back! John & Lynn F.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank L F

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Bristol, Connecticut, United States
Reviewed September 4, 2012

My wife and I have been to many places in our young lives and have stayed at a wide range of different types of lodging venues. Without question, this was THE BEST we have ever stayed at. John and Nancy are the epitome of what good hosts should be. From the moment we parked our car, til we left, the type of service we received was beyond expectation. We drank wine and cheese on our balcony overlooking the mountain sunset. When we arrived "home" from the wedding we traveled to New Hampshire for John welcomed us with fresh baked cookies. Fresh Baked, you could still smell the sweetness in the air from them baking. We woke to an amazing spread of a breakfast that included fresh,slice fruit and one of the most delicious omlettes we have ever tasted. The views from the rooms are exquisite, highlighted by the sun rising over the mountains in the morning , then nestling back into them in the evening. That aesthetic beauty alone is worth the trip up there. John and Nancy have done a great job making the Victorian a must stay in the New Hampshire Area.

Room Tip: Sunrise or Sunset rooms.....amazing
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Con J
Woburn, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Oh man, I stayed at this place on the weekend of November 5th, 2011. I was so impressed and they left me such a good memory that I told them I'd totally go online and give them an excellent review. I've been so busy that I haven't had the chance to do this until now.. but instead of just letting it go because a great amount of time has passed, I just have to keep my promise because I believe they are just THAT GOOD to be raved about.

I absolutely love the owners. We left the place feeling like we have made a friend. We had really nice conversations with the husband, and both he and his wife were so accommodating during our entire stay. Food was good. Room was SOOO clean and comfortable. Pillows, mattress and comforter was of excellent quality and this made a big difference in our sleep. Love the landscaping they did. Lastly, the Inn is the best place in Sugarhill to watch the sunrise/set. I couldn't say anything more than that this is truly THE best B&B we've been to (and we got o about 2-3 B&B's a year). I'm such a big fan. :)

Room Tip: We stayed at the biggest room because we wanted to watch the sunrise. Um.. ask for the biggest room...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Kay456
Kansas City, MO
Reviewed June 6, 2012

We stayed at The Victorian on Sunset Hill over Memorial Day weekend at it was fantastic. The owners were so friendly and helpful and our room was small but tastefully decorated and spotless. The property is beautiful and charming. In the evenings we sat on the front port sipping wine and eating cookies. Breakfast was a five course affair and was fantastic! The owners were very helpful in directing us to some popular hiking and eating spots and made our stay very pleasant. If we are ever in the area again we will definately be back!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kaydawgz
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed June 3, 2012

Stayed here for our wedding anniversary over Memorial Day weekend. I can't say enough good things about this B&B. The house is absolutely beautiful: tastefully decorated throughout, sumptuous furniture, attention to detail is everywhere. Rooms are immaculate. We stayed in the sunrise king on the third floor. This room is definitely worth the extra $. The views of Franconia Notch from your balcony are unbelievable! When we arrived to check-in, we were greeted warmly by the innkeeper and treated to a platter of cookies, tea, and coffee that we enjoyed on our private balcony looking out over the mountains. Breakfast was delicious and plentiful. The innkeeper asked ahead of time when we preferred to eat and was gracious enough to serve us early so we could get started on our day of hiking. Sugar Hill is charming, full of country charm. Go in late May, early June for the fields of lupine (purple wildflowers). They're everywhere but some of the largest concentrations are also viewable from your room! My only regret is that we couldn't stay longer. If you're exploring the Franconia Notch area, this B&B makes a perfect base and offers superior quality and scenery to places closer to I-93.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gatorfan2008
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed February 26, 2012

This is definitely the B&B to stay at in the White Mountains! We were so impressed with how beautifully decorated the large victorian-style house was, and how absolutely stunning the views were. The breakfast was delicious, gourmet, and more food that we could ever imagine. John and Nancy were so hospitable and we just loved chatting with them over breakfast in the morning. This B&B is much classier and well-appointed than the others we've viewed in the area.

Room Tip: The views in the front of the house (of the White Mountains) was stunning! If you can, ask for the...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Lincoln, RI
Reviewed December 29, 2011

The pictures on the website of this B&B don't do it justice. The location is fabulous and the house is simply beautiful. My boyfriend and I stayed there in the Fall and could not believe the hospitality of our hosts. John and Nancy made us feel so welcome and comfortable. We will definitley be going back in the future. The attention to detail is extraordinary- from the decor, right down to the breakfast. The sunrise from the third floor king room was to die for. I highly recommend this B&B to anyone who likes to spoil themselves a bit...it is well worth the price!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
#2 of 5 in Franconia
Lovett's Inn
Lovett's Inn
#5 of 5 in Franconia

Been to The Victorian on Sunset Hill? Share your experiences!