“Fantastic Mt. Washington B&B”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Shelburne
Mt. Washington Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Shelburne B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 9, 2006

Luv this place!

Host Mary Ann does a great job making your stay wonderful. She cooks a great breakfast and always has cookies waiting for you in the room. The B&B is cozy and really well maintained-recomment highly!
Sam, Maryland

1  Thank doogan

Reviewed September 27, 2006

Every year my friends and I make a trip from Long Island to the White Mountains in New Hampshire to hike Mt Washington and other peaks. For the past seven years we have been making the eight hour drive to the Mt Washington Bed and Breakfast on Rt 2. After seven years one would think we would know exactly how to get their without getting lost, but after a few wrong turns we usually arrive well after midnight. Since we always call ahead to let the innkeeper know we are coming, we are always welcomed by her or one of her family.
Coming back to stay at the Bed and Breakfast every year feels a little like its coming home to see old friends. My friends and I are always welcomed with warm cookies, clean rooms, and a fantastic view of the mountain. Maryann, the innkeeper has always gone out of her way to help make us feel comfortable. She even has given me her own shoe laces because I brought the wrong ones for my boots. I have always found the rooms very clean and spacious. Waking up in the morning to the smell of Maryann’s cooking is also another delight.
I have travel to a lot of places and stayed in many hotels and inns. I wouldn’t think of spending time in New Hampshire without staying at the Mt Washington B and B. I look forward my eighth year visiting the White Mountains and Maryann’s warm cookies.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled with friends
1  Thank LarryTheLaptop
Reviewed September 26, 2006

We have stayed at alot of B&B's on the East Coast. Nobody serves a better breaksfast or gives more friendliness than Mt. Washington B&B. The beds are comfortable & no waking up with a backache. The Androscroggin river is at their back door so we kayaked & fished the river. Saw moose in Errohl, NH. Have stayed there at least 5 times and were very pleased every time. Great place to stay that doesn't kill your pocketbook! I recommend this B&B to all my friends! Love the hummingbirds as we eat breaksfast!

Reviewed September 26, 2006

I must say that I stayed in the same room in July (with my father and friend) and August(with my wife) and had no problems with insects. I will also say that the Innkeeper (Mary Ann) is possibly one of the nicest people you will ever meet. During my time there, a total of six nights, I did not have any problems with insects or Mary Ann. I was treated very well, and had many conversations with Mary Ann and would stay at the Mt Washington B&B again in a heartbeat. I also enjoyed the cookies that await you every afternoon when you get back from your day!

1  Thank HillClimb
Reviewed September 26, 2006

My husband and I found this bed and breakfast online and went for the first time in 2001. We had such a good time that we now make it a yearly getaway. Marianne is so welcoming and always has baked goodies in the room waiting for you. Breakfast is always delicious!! I would highly recommend this inn to anyone who is looking to get away for some rest and relaxation. We are very much looking forward to our stay this fall.

• Stayed: May 2005, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 2, 2006

Summary: Don’t stay here. I have travelled widely for over 20 years (both business and personal travel) and this is my first negative post. Read on – it’s funny…
I wanted to treat my Mom and Sister to a nice night's stay in a charming B&B as we road-tripped from my grandmother's house in Maine to my town in Northern Vermont, so I booked a suite-type room. The accommodations consisted of a main room with adjacent bath and an adjoining room with a pull-out couch. The couch-bed was so poor that it is unlikely any adult could have slept there without back problems the next morning. So my sister and I shared a bed. We were about to go to sleep when we noticed that the entire pillow was absolutely covered with insects. We figured out that it was from a fan placed in a window (which also had a screen, which remained closed the entire time). We removed the fan, closed the window, cleaned the bed (it turned out that insects were absolutely everywhere on the top half of the bed). We were about to go to sleep again when we realized that the entire room was filled with insects… not just ‘no-see-ums’, but mosquitoes and ants as well (and a few spiders). We, with the help of our 60+-year old mother, spent the next hour or more throwing shoes at the walls and ceilings trying to kill of the bugs so that they didn’t bite us or my infant (11 months) in his sleep. We finally gave up, took him out of his pack and play, and hid under the covers in the July heat. Needless to say, we did NOT get a good night’s sleep and just could not get out of there fast enough. We did mention the issue to the innkeeper the next morning, but she cut off my conversation with a dismissive, “Those are no-see-ums and that’s just what we deal with here in New Hampshire,” or something along those lines. I believe I was charged something between $120 and $170 for one of the most awful nights I have ever spent in a hotel. We certainly would have changed hotels had we not arrived so late (also, we had already been charged ahead of time!). I would NEVER recommend this hotel to anyone. My reason is not the bugs – although that will be a rather amusing family story for many decades to come. Because a problem (insect or otherwise) can always occur in a hotel or B&B, my gripe is with the following: (1) Our problem was dismissed, (2) The Inkeeper showed no effort to make things right in any way (not even an apology), and (3) Management sold a pull-out couch in which no one can sleep for top dollar. Perhaps there are better rooms in this establishment, perhaps the Innkeeper was annoyed that we showed up late (we did give a courtesy call, however), but these guests were certainly NOT treated well, did NOT appreciate the accommodations and certainly felt like they overpaid for the stay by at least $100 (which is significant).

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with family
6  Thank GypsyCProgrammer
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shelburne
The Inn at Thorn Hill & Spa
Top Notch Inn
Top Notch Inn
#1 of 7 in Gorham
Mountain View Grand Resort & Spa

Been to Mt. Washington Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!