“A wonderful rural experience”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Shelburne
Mt. Washington Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Shelburne B&B and Inns
Barrington, New Hampshire
“A wonderful rural experience”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

My husband and I have stayed here a few times finding it a relaxing, enjoyable time. Mary Ann is always accommodating, serving a delicious breakfast and always a yummy homemade goodie upon our arrival. Our room and bath are always clean and comfortable. Plus we enjoy watching the hummingbirds at the many feeders just outside the dining room windows and the robins attending their babies in their nest on the porch. All in all a wonderful time.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Northfield, New Hampshire
Reviewed November 21, 2013

I loved this huge, old farmhouse and it's cheerful rooms! I went to this B&B a couple weeks ago which is kind of a bleak time of year in northern NH, but the warmth of this inn and all the surrounding wilderness and hiking trails made it all worthwhile!
Mary Ann is a great innkeeper who is very friendly, helpful, and accommodating! She even made delicious vegan breakfasts for me with pumpkin pancakes and her very own home-made vegan granola!
We hiked a couple miles on the Appalachian Trail which is very close by, plus the Androscoggin River is beautiful (but we didn't go canoeing - TOO COLD for me!). Mary Ann is familiar with all the nearby hiking trails and good places for xc-skiing (we'll be back when there's more snow!). Dogs aren't allowed, but Mary Ann has a beautiful dog named Daisy who kept us entertained! (Warning: If you go up there to hike with your dog, make sure s/he is wearing a fluorescent orange vest - there are lots of hunters and trappers around here, and they can hunt 7 days/week in NH. When is NH going to ban those horrific snares and leghold traps? They're absolutely barbaric!!)
But I still love this area because it's far from all the traffic and shopping madness of North Conway, and there are several cute stores in Gorham if you want to shop. There's also skiing and the wonderful vegetarian Café DiCocoa restaurant not far away in Bethel, ME!
But nothing beats the tranquility and the mountains here, and the Mt. Wash B&B makes the trip worthwhile, even in off-season. (just remember to pack your long johns!) Thank you, Mary Ann. We'll definitely be back!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed October 17, 2013

I surprised my husband with a weekend getaway from our 3 kids (4th already on the way) as I knew we wouldn't have a chance anytime soon. I read the reviews for the Mt. Wash. B&B and made our reservation without hesitation. We were not disappointed! In fact, it was the perfect stay. We had plenty of privacy (we were mid-week in March and the only ones there- not surprising) and had all the attention with none of the feeling of being watched. Mary Ann was warm and inviting and we felt like family in no time. The room was clean and spacious- we had the suite- and very comfortable. The whirlpool tub was a fun addition, too. We hiked a bit of the Appalachian Trail before heading off to a lovely meal at Saalt Pub (delicious!) and ended the night back at the B&B where we enjoyed a quiet evening together. This review is 7 months late but it was just last night that my husband and I were reminiscing about how wonderful it all was. Thanks, Mary Ann!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Naperville, Illinois
Reviewed October 7, 2013

My husband and I spent 2 nights in a wonderful suite with a whirlpool tub. Very nice. Mary Ann was so friendly and informative. Plus, she made wonderful breakfasts and treats! Best place we stayed in in our New Engand trip. I highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Pawtucket, Rhode Island
Reviewed October 4, 2013

The weather was perfect, the foliage was just about at peak, and our hostess, Mary Ann, could not have been more friendly, helpful, and just a joy to talk with while eating her deliciously prepared breakfast. Since our room was not a suite and did not have a DVD player, she let us use the DVD player in the suite next to our room which happened to be unoccupied the first night of our stay. She even offered to let us stay in one of the empty suites but we did like the room we did stay in which was the Chickadee Room. All in all we thoroughly enjoyed our two night stay at the Mt. Washington B&B and would recommend it to anyone looking for a B&B close to many of the attractions in the White Mountain area.

Enfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 4, 2013

We had 3 nights staying with Mary Ann .Our room was spacious,comfortable and quiet.Breakfast was quite different every morning and had we been fussy eaters that would not have been a problem.MaryAnn was a warm and friendly host and made our stay very enjoyable.There was a comfy lounge for guest use and ample provision of information and books.We had excellent meals out at the places Mary Ann recommended.

Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed September 26, 2013

This B&B was booked weeks in advance, we even had the chance of liking on Facebook and following the daily events at the B&B. Our stay was 2 nights and was very nice. The home is a little older and could use some minor cosmetic and possible deeper work, although this is critical from a guy's viewpoint. Mary Ann was a wonderful, very attentive innkeeper. Our room named the Goldfinch was nice, very clean, and pleasant. I must say breakfast were scrumptious, pear compote in the morning as a starter was great. The best part is I don't like pears and with Mary Ann's compote I have been converted. Watching the humming birds flitting around the feeders was a nice treat. Being a dog person it was so much fun to meet Daisy, the dog/puppy, I had a blast with all her enthusiasm and playfulness. This place comes highly recommended by both my wife and I. Oh, and the suggestions Mary Ann made for places to eat were top notch!! I had the best pizza I have had in years in the town of Gorham!!!

Room Tip: Because I am partially handicapped we choose the Goldfinch room, only had a few steps to enter the i...