“Worst food you'll ever eat not worth 2 cents”
Review of Ceal's Clam Stand

Ceal's Clam Stand
Ranked #35 of 58 Restaurants in Seabrook
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed August 14, 2011

This was the worst fried clams I have ever eaten! and the place is dirty and when I asked for my money back they told me that they don't give money back and they were sick of people and this was the owner who said it. I could tell they've heard the same thing a lot. Worst place I ever ate and way overpriced for the horrible food they serve.

4  Thank Ethel K
There are newer reviews for Ceal's Clam Stand

Reviewed June 14, 2011

Years ago they had better food and lower prices, though somewhat costly but now the quality and quanity of the food is low though steeply priced. The food is ok but it will take like 2-3 orders to equal a decent size meal. Also this is a food shack with self service and no shade.

3  Thank benn_there
Reviewed May 31, 2011

It's a run down, road side shack meant for takeout, like the old days, not pampered sit down dining. I ate twice there this Memorial Day weekend. My fiance was on her way home from her friend's cottage and got me a steak n cheese sub on Saturday night. Weird choice for a clam stand I know, but that's what I wanted. It was delicious, cheese melted perfectly for every bite, and stuffed full in that roll, steak falling out. Nothing skimpy at all, quite the contrary. Next day went back after golf for seafood chowder and the fried clams and onion rings. All 3 to die for. I don't care that their sides of tartar and ketchup are served in little 1oz paper soufles. I ordered extra. Nothing skimpy about these portions either. In fact, 4 adults could not help me finish everything. The clams were awesome, the onion rings perfect, and the seafood chowder is stuffed with full clams, and scallops and lobster, not hacked up bits of seafood. Broth is excellent in taste, not the heavy thick kind. About the best I've had. Now I've lived in the seacoast area my entire life, but have never been here. That lifelong mistake is now over, especially that I have moved to Hampton, now even closer. My order was taken quickly by one gal and served to me quickly by another. Nothing rude about either, just fast, on a hot and sunny holiday weekend Sunday. HIGHLY recommended!! Something about their tartar sauce too that I can't put my finger on. Slightly sweeter than others I've had perhaps? Popping fried clams with that tartar is about as good as it gets.

4  Thank JJS12959
Reviewed May 1, 2011

While traveling for business I stopped at Ceal's as I heard the Lobster Roll was amazing. At best it was a little bit of claw and leg meat thrown in a Hot dog bun over a mound of lettuce. The fries were so greasy even the seagulls would not touch them. $20 and I left hungry, Will never go back there. Would of been better off eating at McDonald's

3  Thank Robbi4729
Reviewed August 24, 2010

Ate here for dinner two weeks ago after a day at the beach when Brown's and Markeys' were mobbed and we were hungry. There was no line at Ceal's. That was not a good sign but we went anyway. Lady who took our order was very abrupt and when the food came it was OK, but not great. I ordered a fish sandwich and the piece of fish was tiny, about the size of a deck of cards (just right for dieters, but dieting and fried food are mutually exclusive) and spouse' s lobster roll was small as well. Onion rings were pretty good. Unlike some of the reviewers, I have to say that the outside tables were clean. Expensive for the amount of food we received. Ice cream place right next door looked good but didn't try it.

1  Thank BooKat

Been to Ceal's Clam Stand? Share your experiences!