“My go to place for steamers.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Markey's Lobster Pound

Markey's Lobster Pound
Ranked #6 of 56 Restaurants in Seabrook
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children, Scenic view, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
“My go to place for steamers.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

I have been coming to Markey's since my childhood, have never even wanted to try the place across the street. Most people who come here get fried dinners; but since I get fried seafood only once or twice a year I usually get steamed clams here. At $14.99 per quart, I've not found a better value anywhere else. As expected, steamers here are best during peak season (hot, flavorful and very fresh), but they are still quite good during the off season. Sometimes a bit sandy, but you have to expect that with clams. (I've had steamers at other establishments that have zero sand, but also almost zero flavor. Markey's clams are full of flavor from the sea.) Occasionally a couple are a little overdone or underdone (not opened), also to be expected. A few are a bit on the large side for me, but it hasn't stopped me from eating them. This is my place for a steamers and beer fix. You don't have to spend a fortune, it is a very casual environment so you don't have to be concerned if your meal is messy. Lots of people order steamed lobsters here too, and the price is right as compared to most other restaurants that serve lobster. No waitstaff but the cleanup staff are right on top of keeping the place looking nice. They have redone the place in the last couple years and it looks great - tables that look like wood but clean up easily, and a bright, airy interior. The outside deck is fun and a nice serene view. Open on weekends year round. You should give this place a try :)

• Visited September 2013

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Way cleaner than Browns across the street”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

The view is nicer too. Everything was very good and it's great to sit on the deck. No comparison between browns and markey's, so much cleaner.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank lou k
Tuval, Israel
“fresh but rough around the edges”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

the seafood is amazingly fresh and natural. nothing fancy. the ambience...well, it is, after all, a lobster pound. great value

• Visited August 2013
Norwich, Vermont
“Works for me!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

My husband and I went on our first outing to Hampton Beach, NH. I was told by various co-workers to go to Markey's. I'm glad we did. It was just as I expected and the food was great. Lobsters were fresh and sweet. We also had lobster bisque, which has chunks of lobster in them & was tasty, fries, coleslaw, corn & fried calamari. The calamari was cooked right, but was missing some seasoning (salt & pepper) in the batter and was missing marinara sauce to dip into. The atmosphere is indeed casual, but after a day at the beach - perfect! Just wish they would take debit/credit cards, but they do have an ATM machine on site. Will definitely go back!

• Visited August 2013
“Good but not great...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

My girlfriend grew up going to Hampton Beach with family and insisted we go to Markey's as they always do. So a few years later I keep going back but inconsistency seems to be the major theme. I've had excellent lobster, mussels etc and I've had tough, overcooked seafood. This last time the lobster was tough and overcooked. Mussels were great, kids meals OK. I know it's Markey's vs. Browns with many... Seems as though Browns might have stepped up the game based on recent reviews. Definitely have to experience Markey's but I say OK at best. Super-casual, picnic tables and no wait staff.

Visited August 2013

Been to Markey's Lobster Pound? Share your experiences!