“A SEACOAST INSTITUTION SINCE THE 1970'S”

Master Mc Grath's Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 58 Restaurants in Seabrook
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Master McGrath’s Restaurant has been a Seacoast New Hampshire institution since the 1970’s.

Normally open for lunch and dinner, it is also open for breakfast/brunch Saturday and Sunday with basic fare and other offerings such as Apple Stuffed French Toast, Buttermilk Pancakes, Eggs Benedict, Old Fashioned Apple Maple Waffle.

The lunch menu includes such item as hot pastrami or New York Reuben sandwiches, burgers, and lobster rolls.

Smaller portion offerings for hot meals include Petite Filet Mignon at $10.99, Marinated Steak Tips at $12.99, English Fish & Chips at $10.99, Baked Luncheon Schrod at $10.99, Chicken Pot Pie at $10.99, Basket of Fried Chicken at $10.99, Fried Scallop Basket at $13.99, and Chicken Finger Plate at $8.99 which should be a popular choice with the youngsters.

The extensive menu included fine dining favorites such as New York Sirloin at $19.99, Sirloin Lamb Tips at $15.99, Broiled Pork Chops at $13.99, Choice Filet Mignon at $19.99, Fresh Broiled Scallops at $15.99, Lobster Pie at $17.99, Jumbo Shrimp at $14.99, Chicken Cordon Bleu at $14.99, Baked Haddock in Lemon Butter at $14.99, and Shrimp Scampi at $14.99. There is also Surf & Turf at $17.99 which consists of marinated steak tips with choice of stuffed shrimp, fried shrimp, or fried scallops.

More creative house specialties include:
- Chicken Lord Lurgan - $13.99 - breaded chicken breast topped with crabmeat and mushroom in Bearnaise sauce
- Broiled Lemon Pepper Chicken - $11.99 - boneless chicken breast seasoned with lemon pepper spices
- Baked Haddock Martinique – $17.99 - haddock fillet on a bed of sea scallops with lobster sauce
- Baked Haddock Louisiana - $16.99 - haddock fillet topped with lobster sauce and crabmeat

A low-carb substitution of a vegetable or coleslaw instead of potato is permitted.

After driving past the place at least 50 times---always en route to somewhere else, the time finally came to dine there.

It wasn’t too busy when I arrived at 3:00 PM – just enough customers to keep the help occupied. Consequently, I got better service than others who’ve gone during peak dining hours. I was ushered to a booth with curtains that could be drawn. There were only three other booths like it in the place. This was a Victorian touch.

I ordered the Baked Haddock Martinique. As with anything that comes with sauce in a casserole, I ordered the SAUCE ON THE SIDE to avoid having the scallops and haddock drowning in the fat and calories of a creamy sauce. It’s something I’ve learned to do over the years. Take that as a personal tip from me when ordering similar items in any restaurant. For the potato, I took French fries. They were thick steak fries. The salad bar was pretty basic; however, everything was fresh. The only unique item was sliced onion that was either pickled or marinated. There was also carrot slaw with raisins. There was butter but no bread. The entree was served very hot in an oval baking casserole dish. The seafood was fresh and well-prepared. It was very good.

I was able to eat just over half my meal so the portion was more than ample. The rest came home in a doggie bag. I had the leftovers for lunch the next day. The entree was still very good---always a test of the food's freshness, quality, and proper preparation to begin with.

The restaurant's menu is family-friendly more at lunchtime. The dinner entrees are geared more toward adults.

There are newer reviews for Master Mc Grath's Restaurant

Reviewed August 3, 2013

Good place to eat, nice loaction, cute resturant. Service could have been better it was a little slow, If I happened to stay in this area again I would dine there for sure. The inside setting is very cool.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Food was good, prices were above average. Daily specials were a good value. Place was dark inside that we had to use our flashlight app to read the menu. There was 10 of us so the waitress got 22% tip off the top. We should of split up. She wasn't friendly, helpful and didn't even smile. I wish I knew her name so I could type it here, she was older. She never even refilled our drinks. I'd give her no stars if I could.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

Ths is a medium priced restaurant, from seafood to steaks and chicken and lamb, with an Irish flare, and friendly, prompt service. There is a nice salad bar, not to mention a full service bar. Daily specials every day of the week (prime rib on Saturdays).

Reviewed May 15, 2013

Service was mediocre but the food was great. Worth waiting for.
They were understaffed and very busy. We were there for Mothers Day weekend. They should have planned better. Can't say enough good about the food.