“Nothing Special, But Good Breakfast!”

Hampshire Inn Conference Center
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Seabrook
Reviewed August 9, 2014

Stayed one night only on our way to Maine.
Arrived early evening.
Good nights rest and decent breakfast. It was not particularly busy.
Lady at front desk was helpful, in the morning.
Walmart very close by.

Room Tip: Room was quiet on back of hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 8, 2014

I was traveling on business and needed a hotel in the area. Unfortunately being beach season, the usual choice were all booked. So I found this online at a reasonable rate and when I arrived I could see why. If this is a convention center my garage is a stadium. The pale blue (not from color choice but from fading) building was an eyesore just pulling into the lot. I must have net the same desk clerk, a bearded young fellow. There was something wrong with him. He shuffled through a stack of reservations looking for mine and asked me 3 times, how long ago did you place your reservation. He walked away without saying a word twice. He asked me for my drivers license and credit card and I pointed to the items he was holding in his hand. Check-in took over 10 minutes.

The room itself was OK for the price point. There was no coffee maker which was a concern as I really want my coffee when I awake. They had a machine in the lobby but it's instant coffee and it is not good. They had a continental breakfast and if you thought to look in the dorm room refrigerator you would fine breakfast sandwiches.

All in all, the stay was OK for the price as the morning staff was polite and friendly but the check-in stayed with me and always will.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Rg3150
Reviewed August 1, 2014

I booked this property for a one night stay on booking.com. I was so pleased that it was one night only. The property was terrible. I arrived at 1P to check-in, and a desk clerk snarled that I was too early. She told me to come back in an hour or two. I returned at 3:30P and was given a one bedroom suite. The door had a non-smoking sign on the door, but the cigarette smoke penetrated everything. It was unbearable, and I had to run the AC all evening to tolerate the room. The room was not particularly clean, mold on the shower curtain, mold around the bathroom vanity, a small kichen with a refrigerator and microwave, but absolutely no utensils, no pots/pans, plates, knives, forks, etc. I immediately removed the bed spread, and I could see it wasn't clean and smelled of smoke. The sheets were cheap, and the detergent penetrated your nostrils. Breakfast was included, and it was typical La Quinta, Holiday Inn. The staff was not friendly, many just stood around and broke eye contact with guests as you approached them. The front entry was dirty and filled with cigarette butts. If you want a cheap deal, this is the place for you.

Room Tip: But it barely works Very unpredictable
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank AtlStew
Reviewed July 28, 2014

Once again, searching for a tractor-trailer and pet friendly hotel as well as one that would be within our budget, we finally found this place and while it is not a five-start hotel, it wasn't as bad as we might have expected from previous reviews. Had a bit of a hassle with parking the big rig in a convenient area outside but it was do-able. Pet fee a little high at $20. The gentleman at the front desk, John, was, however, extremely accommodating and helpful with the parking, contacting his manager about it, and getting us checked in. We were given a room on the lower level and found it pretty satisfactory. While at this point we haven't used the shower yet as I write this, so far, things seem okay. Large flat screen TV with plenty of channels, mini-fridge, microwave, hair dryer, the usual amenities. Endless coffee, hot chocolate or hot tea supplied in the lobby 24/7. The bed linens seemed a little dated and there were the usual cosmetic repairs needed - worn carpeting, chipped baseboards, rusty floorboard radiator, washcloth from the prior customers left over the shower curtain rod and the tub could have been a little cleaner. Otherwise, we couldn't be choosy at this point and this was adequate for the one night we needed it. Additionally, the price was a little high but we were able to use a coupon and it was still not as expensive as other hotels in the area.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Hotel staff unfriendly unprofessional. Tried to call to make reservations and put on hold 15 minutes til I hung up and booked thru hotels.com. gair dryer broken. Front door death trap. Wouldn't hardly open a child would die.couldn't get extra towel to shower. Breakfast ran out early. Horrible sleep. Never again.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank kalicogurl
Reviewed July 22, 2014

I stay there all the time with my children love the breakfast the comfortable rooms pool arcade room for the kids and how close it is to every place I need I can't ask for a better hotel to stay in and the rates are reasonable THUMBS UP!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed July 19, 2014

We were extremely disappointed in this establishment. We booked far in advance (January for a July vacation). Wow. What a let down. The first night as we set up the fold out couch we found the sheet had blood stains on it. The staff was appalled as we were. Things did not get any better. The following morning we gave the front desk a list of problems (the shower was too hot, the bathroom sink did not drain, the air conditioner was leaking and the cable was not working in the bedroom). These complaints were then given every morning after. We were told that the maintenance man did not see any problems. Probably because he was too busy taking another cigarette break.

There were 7 of us total in the "presidential suite". Each day housekeeping left only two towels and we had to ask for more. The showers curtain had mildew growing on the bottom, there was large spiderwebs in the corner, and a layer of dust on the front and back on the tv.

The brand new pool also was shut down for the last two night of our stay. The chlorine levels were so high your eyes burned just being in the room.

We will never stay here again and suggest you don't either.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Erikka Y
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seabrook
Holiday Inn Express Hampton South - Seabrook
Ashworth by the Sea
Ashworth by the Sea
#5 of 41 in Hampton
Lamies Inn and The Old Salt Tavern

Been to Hampshire Inn Conference Center? Share your experiences!