“Reasonable prices and clean room”

Hampshire Inn Conference Center
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Seabrook
Shohola, Pennsylvania
“Reasonable prices and clean room”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

My wife and I recently stayed here. The room was much bigger than a regular motel room and had a small living room area. The rooms were clean and the bed comfortable but not above average. Check in/out was very easy and staff was very pleasant even though my reservations by internet had somehow been doubled showing I had reserved 2 rooms. The pool area was very nice and the hot tub was a real treat in this price range. The check in person even gave us 10% off coupons at several area restaurants. The breakfast was also above average for this price range but you had to walk to a separate area from the breakfast room to get coffee and juice. The hotel was monitored well by staff so we felt secure and the only entrance was through the front door which meant we had to walk the length of the building twice each time to get to our car. All in all, a good value.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
uk
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This was a one night stop over on the way to Maine. We would not stay here again. No tea / coffee facilities other than at front of motel. The fridge for coffee etc here was dirty and the attitude of the staff was,in our view, lackadaisical! The room was stuffy, and the jacuzzi bath filthy looking! Needless to say we only used shower! The pool was filthy and we chose not to go in, and had also been given what looked similar to a tea towel to dry ourselves with. I have no issue with old fashioned, used accommodation - I do have an issue with filth and a lack of effective cleaning. In my view there's no excuse for it. I did complain about the state of the pool. Hopefully this review will be acted upon because if cleaned properly this motel offers value accommodation.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank lizziemartie
Natick
Reviewed September 3, 2013

During our stays we enjoyed the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. They extended to us a discount which is a welcome feature. They always make sure we have the particular room that we thoroughly enjoy , this makes our stays very comfortable. Any time we needed anything, all we had to do was ask and it was provided immediately. The continental breakfast has a very nice variety to choose from and the choice of eating at the table or taking it by tray to the room.

Room Tip: Ask to see some what the different rooms have to offer.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Readfield, Maine, United States
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Good points: Cheap, comfortable bed Bad Points: Staff was kind of rude, not very clean, no extra pillows in room, asked for towels for pool only given one very small towel, dirty floors in room, no WIFI.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Upstate NY
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We stayed here from 7/22-7/26 I want to start out that the most positive thing was the location, water pressure and the staff. Everyone was friendly and helpful. Now I heard that this hotel is going to be under new management so that hopefully will be a plus and they can correct things. Our bed was like sleeping on a trampoline...literally. If my hubby moved I woke up and I am a heavy sleeper. Some of the outlets don't work so be prepared if you try to charge any electronics. My brother was staying in another room with his family. Every room got 2 small bath towels and 2 wash clothes, it didn't matter how many you had in your room. You were lucky if you asked at the desk they might have some. Most of the time they were out or doing a wash. One staff said they were "on order". They didn't even have a hand towel to dry your hands. Breakfast was ok, what kid doesn't like carbs?! So bring your own stuff, if you need to have a low carb diet. The little kitchen doesn't come with any utensils, but I was prepared for that since I read reviews, Wifi not free unless you want to sit in the lobby.

Room Tip: We stayed in 105 next to lobby, sometimes we got free wifi if you connected it everytime.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Groton, Connecticut
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I booked a room here for a night, because one of our friends uses the conference center at the Hampshire Inn. We were given a discount due to our attending an event in the conference center, which was nice. The rates on their website advertised $121 per night, however the rate we were quoted when we reserved was $149 (before discount). I'm still unsure about that discrepancy.

We had a two room suite. The room was clean and neat when we arrived. There was a large room with a kitchenette, desk, office chair, 32" flat screen TV, and a queen bed. Adjoined to that was the bathroom, with the sink outside and the toilet and shower in a separate room. Through another door was another queen bed, a dresser, and a 19" flat screen TV. The accommodations were dates, but quite decent.

The one complaint we has was the air conditioning system in our room. There was only one thru-the-wall unit for the entire suite and it definitely did not suffice. This seems like a poor mistake for a hotel in a beach town.

Continental breakfast was average fare: coffee, orange juice, milk, make your own oatmeal, pastries, small bagels, muffins, yogurts, and cereal.

In summary, we found the hotel to be quite average for its price. The location was great, right in the midst of the bustling town and not too far from the beaches. The accommodations were decent, clean, and neat. I would stay again, but only if offered a lower rate.

• Stayed July 2013
Charlottetown, Canada
Reviewed June 27, 2013

A friend and I stayed at the hotel for 6 nights in mid-June. We were a bit put off by the bad reviews but decided to risk it as it was close to where we needed to be and offered a room configuration where we could stay in the same room but still sleep in separate rooms (we snore too loudly and have different sleeping patterns to don't get much rest if we have to share) We got the 2 room suite without really knowing what to expect as there weren't many photos that show the configuration but it ended up being a room within a room. The door from the hallway opened into one of the bedrooms that had a small kitchen area with a bar size fridge, microwave & single sink. As mentioned in the previous reviews, there were no utensils or dishes so bring your own. This part of the room had a queen size bed, dresser, wall mounted TV and desk with office chair.

There was a separate bedroom with a door that closed with another queen sized bed, dresser, nightstands and a small wall mounted TV. The bathroom was off to one side and you didn't have to go through the private bedroom to access it. The sink is separate from the room with toilet and shower which was good for getting ready in the morning but not so good for middle of the night trips to the washroom as there's no door between the sink area and the person sleeping in the outer bedroom. If he or she is a light sleeper, having the sink area in the bedroom isn't ideal.

Overall, it was one of the more convenient layouts that we've found when travelling. We usually try to find a hotel with separate sleeping areas so we can stay in the same room but each have our own sleeping space.

We found the beds to be comfortable. The ones in our room had very springy mattresses/supports that bouce when you sit on them and tend to squeak loudly, lol. But for sleeping they were comfortable as I prefer a soft bed.

The room wasn't noticably dirty as some reviews mentioned but there was dust on the curtain tops and one day my bed wasn't made so I don't think managment/owners stress cleanliness of the rooms as being a high priority. We didn't find anything in our room that made us uncomfortable for our stay.

There were a few things missing from that room that I would expect at most hotels - nothing too major but it would have been nice to know about these things before our visit so we could pack accordingly. As mentioned by several reviewers, towels are scarce. Our room which should be able to sleep 4 people had 2 bath towels, 2 hand towels, 2 facecloths and a bath mat. Clocks were also scarce. The only clock in our room was the small display on the microwave oven. There were no alarm clocks in either bedroom. I tried turning on the weather network so there would be a clock in my room but the TV didn't display the channel correctly and so the bottom display with the time was cut off. I had to resort to sleeping with my watch or computer on so I'd know what time to get up. There was also only 1 chair (at the desk) in the suite. If my friend and I wanted to eat breakfast in our room, one of us had to eat in bed as there wasn't anywhere else to sit.

Breakfast was pretty much what we expected from the reviews: cold cereal with milk, bread & bagels for the toaster with a variety of toppings (jams, cream cheese, peanut butter) and muffins (blueberry or bran) Most of the time we were there it was served in a small side room near the desk but one morning it was on a shelf near the coffee & juice machines. Most guests seemed to take it back to their rooms on a tray rather than eat at one of the communal tabels in the breakfast room.

The front desk staff were pleasant but easily flustered. We wanted to pay for our stay by dividing the charges in half and paying on 2 separate credit cards. When it came time to check out the person manning the desk had some problems getting this processed and it ended up taking longer than we expected to get on the road. We never saw more than one staff person at any time so there were often times when we would go to the desk and no one would be there because the person on duty had to go to someone's room. This hotel is a bit large for there to be only one person at the desk in my opinion. Service could be improved if there was a 2nd person working during busier periods.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay and plan to return next year when we are visiting the area again. Now that we know what is and isn't in the rooms we'll pack accordingly.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank PEIPaleskin
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seabrook
Holiday Inn Express Hampton South - Seabrook
#3 of 41 in Hampton
Fairfield Inn Amesbury
Fairfield Inn Amesbury
#2 of 2 in Amesbury

Been to Hampshire Inn Conference Center? Share your experiences!