“5 star pricing for 3 star food”

The Hilltop Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 4 Restaurants in Sanbornton
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Williamsburg, Virginia
“5 star pricing for 3 star food”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Went there on a Friday evening. At 6 PM, we were the first guests in the restaurant. I had the prime rib special, the 'Queen' cut was $21. Nothing special, served with mashed potatoes & cooked zuchinni. My wife had the chicken saltimbocca, it sounded grand. Was really drowned in Marsala wine - enough to drown out any other flavoring. The prosciutto was really thick, I have always seen or used thinly sliced. The ravioli underneath the chicken tasted like something you would pull out of a frozen bag from Wal-Mart. My daughter-in-law had the over-cooked salmon. Next time, the group will go with my suggestion & have dinner at Fratello's in Laconia. $184 for no alcohol, 4 adults, 3 children, no appetizers, only 2 adults had beverages besides water, & tip

• Visited January 2014

Easthampton, Massachusetts
“Good views”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

The restaurant here looks nice and has a good menu, we had lunch one day during our stay and it was not the best service, the salad I ordered was okay and the lemonade was flat and tasted strange so I did not drink it. Not sure I would eat here for lunch again.

Visited December 2013
South Hadley, Massachusetts
“Convenient place to eat”
Reviewed December 24, 2013

We stopped in here for lunch while staying at the hotel. Service was a little slow, but food was pretty good. It was convenient as it was right on the hotel's complex. Maybe dinner would have been more enjoyable. Views were awesome though

• Visited November 2013
Longueuil, Canada
“Amazing Mac & Cheese”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Title only starts to tell the story. Beautiful restaurant, fabulous food, on a sunny evening in the summer or at lunch time, amazing views. The staff is exemplary and the service outstanding. And they do make the best Sunday Brunch in the area.

The mac and cheese is made with lobster. It is to die for. There menu features choices for everyone, from seafood to steak lover and several vegetarian meals are available. We have eaten there often and all meals have been wonderful. And the service never changes, always excellent.

Visited November 2013
Stoneham, Massachusetts
“Bad food”
Reviewed December 16, 2013

We went to the Restaurant and the food was terrible. The clam chowder was so salty I gave it to my husband to eat and the homemade squash ravioli were so chewy they were like eating stale gummy bears. The maple syrup sauce they put on the ravioli was so sweet I might as well have just taken a whole bottle of syrup and dumped it on top of them. My husband got french onion soup and he said it far to much pepper. He said that the pepper overpowered the onions. He said the chicken Caesar salad was good.

We have been owners for 21 years and this is the first time that the food has been bad. When I mentioned the tough raviolis the bar tender said that fresh raviolis were supposed to be chewy. I had to use a knife to cut through them. My friend is a chef and she makes fresh raviolis all the time and they are not chewy.

I think you need a new chef because the one you have now doesn't know how to cook. We ate off the hill for the rest of our stay.

I have left glowing reviews in the past and this is the only time that I have said anything negative. We go up to Steele Hill at least once a month but we will not be eating there anytime soon.

1 Thank James P