“Convenient place to eat”

The Hilltop Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 4 Restaurants in Sanbornton
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
South Hadley, Massachusetts
“Convenient place to eat”
Reviewed December 24, 2013

We stopped in here for lunch while staying at the hotel. Service was a little slow, but food was pretty good. It was convenient as it was right on the hotel's complex. Maybe dinner would have been more enjoyable. Views were awesome though

• Visited November 2013

Longueuil, Canada
“Amazing Mac & Cheese”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Title only starts to tell the story. Beautiful restaurant, fabulous food, on a sunny evening in the summer or at lunch time, amazing views. The staff is exemplary and the service outstanding. And they do make the best Sunday Brunch in the area.

The mac and cheese is made with lobster. It is to die for. There menu features choices for everyone, from seafood to steak lover and several vegetarian meals are available. We have eaten there often and all meals have been wonderful. And the service never changes, always excellent.

Visited November 2013
Stoneham, Massachusetts
“Bad food”
Reviewed December 16, 2013

We went to the Restaurant and the food was terrible. The clam chowder was so salty I gave it to my husband to eat and the homemade squash ravioli were so chewy they were like eating stale gummy bears. The maple syrup sauce they put on the ravioli was so sweet I might as well have just taken a whole bottle of syrup and dumped it on top of them. My husband got french onion soup and he said it far to much pepper. He said that the pepper overpowered the onions. He said the chicken Caesar salad was good.

We have been owners for 21 years and this is the first time that the food has been bad. When I mentioned the tough raviolis the bar tender said that fresh raviolis were supposed to be chewy. I had to use a knife to cut through them. My friend is a chef and she makes fresh raviolis all the time and they are not chewy.

I think you need a new chef because the one you have now doesn't know how to cook. We ate off the hill for the rest of our stay.

I have left glowing reviews in the past and this is the only time that I have said anything negative. We go up to Steele Hill at least once a month but we will not be eating there anytime soon.

1 Thank James P
Methuen, MA
“Great Brunch”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

We were given a gift certificate to the restaurant after a TimeShare sales Presentation so my husband and I went over for brunch. They have your typical breakfast foods (Eggs, Pancakes, French Toast, Bacon, Sausage), they had an Eggs Benedict with real steak (my husband tried it.. said steak was a bit dry due to being out for a while). There was also a made to order waffle and omelette station (I tried both.. delicious!) and the dessert table was huge! I would go there again!

Visited November 2013
Hudson, New Hampshire
“Brunch was perfect”
Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

Brunch after checking out of the hotel was a gamble. I wasn't thrilled with our experience, but we were starving!
We chanced it and were thrilled. The waitresses were all fun & helpful. The meat was hot and fresh, the desserts were mouth watering.
Maybe you need to get there earlier? I'm not sure who would have the same buffet we did and not enjoy it.
Glad we did though, after the hotel experience- we deserved it! :)

• Visited August 2013