“Far exceeded our expectations!!”

The Hilltop Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 4 Restaurants in Sanbornton
Cuisines: American
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Newfane, Vermont
“Far exceeded our expectations!!”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

My husband and I had Valentines dinner there. It was part of the package we did with the Steele Hill Resort for the evening. It was supposed to be a 3 course meal, which we expected to be run of the mill. Boy, were we wrong! We were seated in a dining room with one other couple, which overlooked the lake and towns below the mountain. We were given the Valentine specials, which was an option of appetizer, an entree and a dessert. We both chose the saffron flavored crab stuffed artichoke crown for the appetizer. It was presented beautifully on the plate, but that paled in comparison to how it tasted. Amazing. The subtle flavor of the saffron in the crab stuffing complimented each other well, and the artichoke was cooked to perfection. We were both then brought ceasar salads, which was also delicious. For entrees, my husband ordered the beef tenderloin medley, which was 2 pieces of tenderloin, one served on mashed potatoes with bernaise, one served on sweet potatoes with a mushroom demi glaze. Again, plated beautifully with micro green garnishes, and a high end asparagus and carrot. I could tell from the noises coming after each bite that he was enjoying his meal very much. He was delighted that he was cutting it with his fork. I ordered the seared scallops over lobster risotto. It was better than I could have possibly imagined. Cooked to perfection, and absolutely delicious! The scallops were sweet and succulent, and the lobster risotto was rich and creamy, loaded with fresh lobster. The food was extremely high quality, cooked perfectly and artistically presented. To top it off, dessert was equally as delicious. I had the creme brule, and he, the raspberry meringue with fresh strawberry mousse. To end the meal, they brought us tuxedo dipped strawberries. The hostess and waitress were also very friendly. Needless to say, we both left full, and more than satisfied. I can't wait to get back... and kudos to the chef, they gained themselves 2 new biggest fans!! By the way, the meal was NOT just for resort guests, it was open to the public, and only $55 per couple! Worth every penny and then some!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Vermont T

Concord, New Hampshire
“Restaurant Review ONLY”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

This place is a JOKE, over priced, fair at best food, and HORRIBLE service. Some friends and I recently had the unfortunate luck of making a reservation for a Thanksgiving meal at this establishment. That will NEVER happen again. There were several seatings scheduled for this day, I attended the first seating, they ran out of TURKEY in the FIRST seating? SERIOUSLY? It was very overcrowded and it felt like we were crammed in like sardines. The food was fair at best and obviously not enough of it if they ran out of TURKEY in the FIRST seating on Thanksgiving.... Sorry but I am still amazed about that. But I mostly felt sorry for a few dissabled people that were obviously having issues moving their wheelchairs around in the over crowded area. It even looked like one poor lady was being blocked in as there was a table placed in a doorway near her table. Obviously if you are staying there then it might be better then driving all the way down the mountain to get some grub, but if you are already out or looking for a place to go check out,,,,, STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Been to The Hilltop Restaurant? Share your experiences!