Steele Hill Resorts
$79
Hampton Inn and Suites Tilton(Tilton)(Great Value!)
$140
$129
Hampton.com
$79
$102
$65
TownePlace Suites Laconia Gilford(Gilford)(Great Value!)
$159
The Margate Resort(Laconia)(Great Value!)
$119
Lazy E Motor Inn(Weirs Beach)(Great Value!)
$67
All reviewssouth buildingindoor poolbig poolhiking trailsfull kitchenmaster bedroomping pongolder buildinghot tubvideo gameshilltop restaurantgreat place for familiesgreat resortrecommend this resortlakes regionhole golf courseviews of the mountains
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 28, 2014

I've stayed at Steele Hill a number of times now, and I have never been disappointed with the quality and service at this resort. The rooms are gorgeous and comfortable, and the massive indoor pool is beyond decedent. I strongly suggest this place to any one who's looking to get away for a few days.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank FatSheamus
Reviewed March 23, 2014

I came across this resort through a friend on facebook, the pool in the west is what originally caught my eye. I thought my kids would have a great time there since it is winter time and the pools are indoors. But I was extremely nervous about many of the reviews I had read. So I booked it anyways. Then found out that we were staying in the east, more specifically the north wing of the east building which I then read reviews screaming "not to stay in the east". So let's just say I was afraid of what we were checking into. To our surprise the room was better than we thought, I must note though that the pictures I saw on the site were different from the room we had but still, we were happy. Lots of room to spread out. Big table to eat, play games, etc. A fully stocked kitchen and a full size fridge (which we filled with water and juice). We almost never heard anyone in the building, so things were very quiet. Amazing views from our windows and balcony, we overlooked lakes and mountains, it was awesome. Had a great time in both the east and west pools, the west of course was quite busy at times. Now onto the restaurant...we ate dinner there twice and had excellent meals both times, thought it was a tad bit pricey (the kids meals) but other than that excellent food and service. Also we had the breakfast buffet, which was alright and again a little pricey. So all in all, this was a fantastic trip. We did request more towels and had them delivered pretty quickly. And my husband asked for coffee for the room and had some delivered at 5:30 in the morning which I found very impressive! My one and only complaint, is the bed! The bed was so firm that we felt like we were literally sleeping on a rock, in fact we got very little sleep either night but this was in no way a deal breaker. We will be back for sure!!!

2  Thank MeaganB515
Reviewed March 19, 2014

From Philly- skied a lot of places. Came up with husband and 23 yrs daughter met us here for weekend- the views and relaxing Atmosphere- she stayed an extra few days- wow-

Skied at local mountain - was a little small but no one there - snow shoeing was a great time - the views are incredible

Rooms neat clean and very comfortable layout-

Would recommend !!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Just returned from 3 night stay with a 5 yo and an 18 mo. If you have little kids the pool is great! But be sure to ask about the proximity to any of the pools because some rooms are quite far away. We stayed in the west building so the huge pool was steps from our door. However, the room badly needs an update and not only did we have to climb many stairs to get to our room, once inside the 2BR suite you had to walk down several steps to get into each bedroom (room 602). This made it a bit treacherous with our 18mo (and only one of the bedroom doors shut properly so we had to be vigilant about him not falling down the other set of steps into the second bedroom!) The staff were all wonderful! My older son really enjoyed the xbox kinect stations in the west amenities center. We enjoyed Sunday brunch in the restaurant but it was way overpriced - especially with two little ones who probably only ate about $5 worth of food! We came prepared with some supplies because we had read that the resort is far from stores - it's about 20 mins down the hill to town. Locally, we also enjoyed the McAuliffe-Sheppard discovery museum and Kellerhaus (great store, chocolate and make your own sundaes!) I would return in the summer to take advantage of the grounds, hiking, playgrounds and pools but I'm not sure I could get my husband to return unless the rooms are updated. Overall a nice trip if you are prepared for the negatives.

Room Tip: Rooms need an update but are very clean. West building puts you closest to the largest pool and game center. Ask about stairs if you have health issues or small children - our unit had many stairs even inside the suite.
Reviewed March 14, 2014

We just returned from a weeks stay! I was initially disappointed because our room in the East building was on the lower level, but it turned out to be a great room and a convenient location. Sure there are some things that could use a little spiffing up, but what hotel doesn't. The kitchen had everything you could ask for and the 2 bedroom unit was very spacious and looked to be recently updated. There was excellent internet access too.

We loved the pool in our building just as much as the one with the slides in the Amenities building. What I really appreciated was that the pool water was heated to a very comfortable temperature (at both pools) and the room was also. It was so nice to be able to get out of the water and not be cold. There is nothing worse than going to an indoor pool and the water is too cold to enjoy. Even though we had to drive to the big pool it was easy to find a place to park and they have lockers, showers and plenty of towels there.

We did have brunch in the restaurant on Sunday morning. There was everything that you could want and the omelet station was excellent. The service was very good, but the price did seem a little high.

We can't wait to go back again, the grandchildren really enjoyed themselves and I bet the grounds are even more beautiful in summer and fall. The kids got to go sledding and the only reason we didn't skate was the warm temps softened the ice too much,

Room Tip: We had Unit 120 and it was great!
1  Thank sunriseone03077