“Outstanding resort!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Sanbornton
South Hadley, Massachusetts
“Outstanding resort!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2011

This was a fantastic resort to stay at! The price was not too high, and we even got a gift certificate to the hotel restaurant and to the outlet stores nearby. Our room was perfect and included a private balcony, full kitchen(with dishes/silverware), a living room with a large flat screen tv and pull out couch, bathroom and a king bed with it's own tv. The room was very clean upon arrival and they provided us with plenty of towels, soap and other ammenities. Our baloncy was awesome and overlooked part of the golf course and further away was Lake Winnisquam. The resort itself was very large and had several seperate parts, including a West, East and South. Our room was located on the third floor of the East complex. Along with the golf course, the resort had hiking/skiing trails, a tennis court, a basketball court, a racket ball court, pool, ping pong, arcade games, horseshoes, an outside volleyball court, observatory tower, full restaurant, hot tubs, a sauna and 4 pools(2 inside, 2 outside). The resort is a little off the beaten path, but that might be a good thing. There are plenty of things to do nearby though, like the outlet stores, restaurants and several ski areas. The only downside to the stay was that the best and largest indoor pool was closed for construction and we were not notified until approximately one week before. Otherwise, this was one of the best vacations I've had. I would absolutely come back and stay here!

Room Tip: Try for a room with a balcony!
2 Thank JG5554
Dcutillo, General Manager at Steele Hill Resorts, responded to this review, December 21, 2011
Thank you so much for your positive feedback. We have been working hard to delivery a solid vacation experience to our guests. I am happy to hear you had a fantastic stay with us. Having the outlet mall nearby, but being far enough away to not deal with the hustle and bustle of exit 20 is definitely an asset to the resort. I am glad that you were able to enjoy yourself so much despite the main pool being offline. We perform a one week renovation each year to keep the facilities in ship shape. We are actually putting out a blog post to describe the renovation work on the pool.

Thanks again for choosing Steele Hill Resorts. I hope to see you up on the hill again sometime soon.

Robert Robillard

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
Danbury, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2011

We recently spent a long weekend at Steele Hill and it was a great experience. The accomodations were beautiful and very well kept.
The view from our room was incredible. There is nothing like Autumn in New Hampshire.
The staff was especially helpful and friendly. It makes such a difference when you are greeted with a smile.
We had a delicious meal at the restaurant and enjoyed the different pools and hot tubs, which were also very well cared for.
It is very refreshing to find a really nice resort with great staff. We are definitly going back!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Susan S
Dcutillo, General Manager at Steele Hill Resorts, responded to this review, December 1, 2011
Glad to hear you had a memorable vacation with us. The fall season is truly breath-taking up on the hill. We will keep working to deliver great vacation experiences. Thanks again for choosing Steele Hill for your vacation time. Hope to see you return to visit us again in the future.

Lewiston, Maine
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2011

My husband, parents and I loved staying at this resort close to home for one week. Our unit was in Steele Hill West, just a few doors away from the main pool. Please note this resort has Three seperate buildings: 1) top of the hill with theme indoor pool has many stairs; if anyone in your party is not fit enough for stairs, you're best to go with 2) bottom of hill with indoor & outdoor pools and restaurant. 3) Is a three floor building; unless you're in the first floor unit stairs will have to be taken to get to your unit.
Kitchen was well equipt, we didn't lack for anything. Dishes, utencils, pots & pans, food prep bowls/equipment all at our fingertips.
Unit was clean, but mid-week housekeeping did not refresh our unit with enough towels or dishwasher soap. A call to the front desk got supplies we felt we needed within one hour.
My husband and I stayed in the lock-away which happened to be on the entrance level, my parents stayed in the lower level that included living room & kitchen. It worked out well for us, but a family with small children (under 5?) may not have liked the arrangements because of the distance/seclusion from the rest of the unit. That being said the main floor bedroom has two double beds and fold out couch, it may be adequate for a young family.
The theme pool was devine, so nice to visit before and after dinner for a soak in the warm waters. We also had guests visit two nights and appreciated the entertainment the pool area provided. The lobby also contained a few high-tech games for older kids & teens to keep busy.
This resort is secluded from the hussle and bussle of Lake Winnipasaki area, but we didn't mind that & were prepared for it with a grocery stop on our way in the first day of our stay.
Last but not least the views of the rising sun every morning were spectacular!

Room Tip: For great views request West building. If climbing stairs is an issue, stay in East building.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JenGen
The sunrises up here on the hill are truly unique. I am glad you had a chance to experience them. I find the guests that appreciate a spectacular view are usually the most happy on check out. Sounds like the desk was responsive to your needs during your stay. I will be sure to let them know about that. I appreciate your detailed review. Hope to see you visit us at Steele Hill again in the future.

Portland, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2011

I recently did a time-share exchange at Steele Hill Resort. After viewing the website I found it to be in a nice location with great options, and the photos of accomodations seemed rather nice. Since I did not want to fly and was looking for a little more in rest and relaxation, this resort made it a more desirable choice since the commute could be done by car. My family joined me mid-way into my stay.

I will say, out of all the time-share experiences I have had, not one compared to Steele Hill Resort for Customer Service, and more! The staff was very accomodating, and even during a trying-unexpected snow storm that put the power out, the staff provided A-1 service to assist and accomodate. The 2 bedroom condo looked exactly like the photos. It was very comfortable, clean, and well supplied. The view- AMAZING! The restaurant food was delicious and the staff a pleasure. The pool area was such an enjoyment for the family, none of us wanted to leave! Additionally, the General Manager, Rob Robillard made himself very accessible when checking in and throughout the week. It was great to see a hands-on personable Manager that cared about the customer. My family and I are talking about a soon return. I know we will not be disappointed!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Joanne G
It was my pleasure to have you as our guest. Seems like more and more people are opting to drive somewhere like Steele Hill than hop on a plane these days. I am glad you brought your family up for part of the vacation. The resort has many amenities perfect for family getaways. If a guest appreciates a good view then it is fairly easy for us to get off to a good start.

Thank you for choosing Steele Hill for your family vacation. It was great connecting with you during your stay. Hope to see you back soon.

Leominster, Massachusetts, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2011

we'll me and my girlfriend decide to stay for 3 nights at this resort for a birthday get away. we booked a hotel room with full sized Jacuzzi and king sized bed. The room rate wasn't to bad a tad high but no unreasonable. Well on the drive up there we used gps but after a certain point just before getting to the resort the gps will lose its way but don't worry as the resort labeled each turn so that people don't get lost getting there. And yes like the other reviews the road was a little rough but nothing i couldn't handle and yes it is under construction to be re paved. Well we arrived at the hotel and checked into the front desk the staff was very polite and friendly and directed us to where we were staying. We had a room in the south tower we drive over there and start to unload our stuff well here's a heads up there's no elevator and we had a room on the third floor so hauling all your stuff up and down tend to be awful if your carrying alot. well after hauling it all up to are room we start to get settled in and notice bugs in all four corners of the room which if you paid what i did you wouldn't be happy. and to add i went into the bathroom and found our bathroom sink had cracks in it and the sink could hold water without leaking. We notified the front desk of the issues with our room and they said to give them a minute and the will rectify the issues. well they called us back and decide to switch our room from a small hotel room to a 2 bedroom town house with full kitchen, living room with lcd tv, 2 baths,and full deck over viewing the area all at no additional charge. I must say this was top customer treatment if you ask me.The town house they switch us to was gorgeous and had no issues at all. while we were there we visited there main pool area the other pool area was closed for maintenance during our stay. The pool was kept pretty clean and the giant Jacuzzi was also very relaxing. The water slide would be great for kids if you plan on bring any. We also tried the resorts restaurant i got the prime rib which was delicious and decently priced when its on special. we checked out the local shopping mall pretty typical outlets stores something to keep the girlfriend busy and give you something to do. Overall the resort is nice and very well kept (excluding the hotel room) its a great place to get away and relax. i would certainly come back again and plan to in the near future!!

Room Tip: book in the west tower has all the amenities
2 Thank Gerry S
I am sorry to hear your initial check-in had issues. Fortunately we were able to take that room offline and our maintenance staff resolved the issue in short order.

I am glad your experience was improved by our staff quick response. We take our customer service experience very seriously. If you are coming to spend your vacation with us, then it is our responsibility to deliver the best vacation experience possible. Sounds like you had a great stay and enjoyed the restaurant and nearby outlets. Shame on us for the initial issue, but I am happy our staff made things right for you. I hope to see you up at the hill again soon.

Hubbardston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2011

there is no area where you will have a bad view. the super heated and glass roof pool room makes you feel like you are in the carribean even when there is snow outside, and you can get a tan in the sun!

if you are looking to stay in the hotel, book in the south building, the other one is not good.

1 Thank synchronicity44
I am glad that you have such a high opinion of our facilities. The indoor pool area is indeed a great place to enjoy the day, especially during the winter months. Recently we have been making a big push to renovate and update all of the accommodations at the resort. While the South building is our newest building, the other sections of the resort have been raised to similar standards. Always great to hear from a happy guest. Hope to see you up at the hill soon.

Trevose, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2011

This is a great getaway; we went in the autumn but I'm sure it would be fun any time of the year. There is lots to do around the area, and they were working on the access road when we were there. Once that's fixed, it should be much easier getting to the resort. That being said, one of the best things about the place is it's location - absolutely beautiful views. We were in the oldest building, but didn't mind at all as our balcony had a wonderful view of golf course, lake and hills in the distance. The fall colors were spectacular. We took easy drives to different places in the area, but also enjoyed the resort itself. The pools and hot tubs are fun, there is a four mile walking trail all around the resort, and even a small winery within walking distance with some pretty good wines (Hermit Woods). We were also impressed with the food at the restaurant. We only ate dinner there, brought food with us for breakfast and were mostly out for lunch, but the meals were always good, the service was great and the views from the restaurant were also wonderful. Would definitely go back!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Linjons
Dcutillo, General Manager at Steele Hill Resorts, responded to this review, November 23, 2011
The fall up on the hill is truly unique. I am glad you enjoyed the foliage. Our falls views are probably my personal favorite. Thank you for the positive feedback. I am also happy to hear you had a good experience in our restaurant. The new winery nearby has been a great addition for our guests. Hope to see you come visit us again soon.

Robert Robillard
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sanbornton
Hampton Inn and Suites Tilton
Church Landing at Mill Falls
The Summit Resort
The Summit Resort
#6 of 12 in Laconia

Been to Steele Hill Resorts? Share your experiences!