“Wonderful! Enjoyable! Excellent Service- Best Ever!”

Steele Hill Resorts
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Sanbornton
Reviewed November 26, 2011

I recently did a time-share exchange at Steele Hill Resort. After viewing the website I found it to be in a nice location with great options, and the photos of accomodations seemed rather nice. Since I did not want to fly and was looking for a little more in rest and relaxation, this resort made it a more desirable choice since the commute could be done by car. My family joined me mid-way into my stay.

I will say, out of all the time-share experiences I have had, not one compared to Steele Hill Resort for Customer Service, and more! The staff was very accomodating, and even during a trying-unexpected snow storm that put the power out, the staff provided A-1 service to assist and accomodate. The 2 bedroom condo looked exactly like the photos. It was very comfortable, clean, and well supplied. The view- AMAZING! The restaurant food was delicious and the staff a pleasure. The pool area was such an enjoyment for the family, none of us wanted to leave! Additionally, the General Manager, Rob Robillard made himself very accessible when checking in and throughout the week. It was great to see a hands-on personable Manager that cared about the customer. My family and I are talking about a soon return. I know we will not be disappointed!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Joanne G
Dcutillo, General Manager at Steele Hill Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2011

It was my pleasure to have you as our guest. Seems like more and more people are opting to drive somewhere like Steele Hill than hop on a plane these days. I am glad you brought your family up for part of the vacation. The resort has many amenities perfect for family getaways. If a guest appreciates a good view then it is fairly easy for us to get off to a good start.

Thank you for choosing Steele Hill for your family vacation. It was great connecting with you during your stay. Hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed November 26, 2011

we'll me and my girlfriend decide to stay for 3 nights at this resort for a birthday get away. we booked a hotel room with full sized Jacuzzi and king sized bed. The room rate wasn't to bad a tad high but no unreasonable. Well on the drive up there we used gps but after a certain point just before getting to the resort the gps will lose its way but don't worry as the resort labeled each turn so that people don't get lost getting there. And yes like the other reviews the road was a little rough but nothing i couldn't handle and yes it is under construction to be re paved. Well we arrived at the hotel and checked into the front desk the staff was very polite and friendly and directed us to where we were staying. We had a room in the south tower we drive over there and start to unload our stuff well here's a heads up there's no elevator and we had a room on the third floor so hauling all your stuff up and down tend to be awful if your carrying alot. well after hauling it all up to are room we start to get settled in and notice bugs in all four corners of the room which if you paid what i did you wouldn't be happy. and to add i went into the bathroom and found our bathroom sink had cracks in it and the sink could hold water without leaking. We notified the front desk of the issues with our room and they said to give them a minute and the will rectify the issues. well they called us back and decide to switch our room from a small hotel room to a 2 bedroom town house with full kitchen, living room with lcd tv, 2 baths,and full deck over viewing the area all at no additional charge. I must say this was top customer treatment if you ask me.The town house they switch us to was gorgeous and had no issues at all. while we were there we visited there main pool area the other pool area was closed for maintenance during our stay. The pool was kept pretty clean and the giant Jacuzzi was also very relaxing. The water slide would be great for kids if you plan on bring any. We also tried the resorts restaurant i got the prime rib which was delicious and decently priced when its on special. we checked out the local shopping mall pretty typical outlets stores something to keep the girlfriend busy and give you something to do. Overall the resort is nice and very well kept (excluding the hotel room) its a great place to get away and relax. i would certainly come back again and plan to in the near future!!

Room Tip: book in the west tower has all the amenities
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Gerry S

I am sorry to hear your initial check-in had issues. Fortunately we were able to take that room offline and our maintenance staff resolved the issue in short order.

I am glad your experience was improved by our staff quick response. We take our customer service experience very seriously. If you are coming to spend your vacation with us, then it is our responsibility to deliver the best vacation experience possible. Sounds like you had a great stay and enjoyed the restaurant and nearby outlets. Shame on us for the initial issue, but I am happy our staff made things right for you. I hope to see you up at the hill again soon.

Reviewed November 25, 2011

there is no area where you will have a bad view. the super heated and glass roof pool room makes you feel like you are in the carribean even when there is snow outside, and you can get a tan in the sun!

if you are looking to stay in the hotel, book in the south building, the other one is not good.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank synchronicity44

I am glad that you have such a high opinion of our facilities. The indoor pool area is indeed a great place to enjoy the day, especially during the winter months. Recently we have been making a big push to renovate and update all of the accommodations at the resort. While the South building is our newest building, the other sections of the resort have been raised to similar standards. Always great to hear from a happy guest. Hope to see you up at the hill soon.

Reviewed November 22, 2011

This is a great getaway; we went in the autumn but I'm sure it would be fun any time of the year. There is lots to do around the area, and they were working on the access road when we were there. Once that's fixed, it should be much easier getting to the resort. That being said, one of the best things about the place is it's location - absolutely beautiful views. We were in the oldest building, but didn't mind at all as our balcony had a wonderful view of golf course, lake and hills in the distance. The fall colors were spectacular. We took easy drives to different places in the area, but also enjoyed the resort itself. The pools and hot tubs are fun, there is a four mile walking trail all around the resort, and even a small winery within walking distance with some pretty good wines (Hermit Woods). We were also impressed with the food at the restaurant. We only ate dinner there, brought food with us for breakfast and were mostly out for lunch, but the meals were always good, the service was great and the views from the restaurant were also wonderful. Would definitely go back!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Linjons
Dcutillo, General Manager at Steele Hill Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2011

The fall up on the hill is truly unique. I am glad you enjoyed the foliage. Our falls views are probably my personal favorite. Thank you for the positive feedback. I am also happy to hear you had a good experience in our restaurant. The new winery nearby has been a great addition for our guests. Hope to see you come visit us again soon.

Reviewed November 13, 2011

This is a wonderful place. The indoor pool is awesome, a giant hot tub, and great swimming area for kids as well. We had a lot of fun, nice clean rooms and the staff was wonderful and exceptionally helpful. There is so much to do in this area for all ages, any season of the year.I highly recommend a stay on the hill.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends

We just put a new floor in to large pool area and families have been loving it. I am glad you had a good experience staying with us. Our staff works hard to provide a great guest experience. Thanks for the positive feedback. Hopefully you can return to visit us soon.

Reviewed October 31, 2011

This resort is well maintained and very comfortable in space. Our room was very large and new carpet was installed through out our building. The restaurant "HillTop" was wonderful.The drive up the hill proved to be a little tricky, but it was well worth it. The views were breathtaking! We stayed in the East building and we could walk inside to the restaurant which was very nice considering it was snowing outside. If you are planning a vacation in this area, please check out the Steele Hill Resort. You will not be dissappointed. I have stayed in several time-share properties, and by far this one is one of my favorites.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for sharing your positive experience at Steele Hill. I am glad you noticed the new carpets. We have invested quite a bit in recent renovations and it is always a great feeling to know that the guest has enjoyed the improvements. We will keep striving to provided a top notch vacation experience. Hope to see you up at the hill again soon.

Reviewed October 16, 2011

After booking a horrendous hotel with a no refund policy I called Steele Hill to see if I could get a somewhat cheap room because I couldn't get my money back on the other. Not only did they offer me a room priced at what I asked for but she found me a room that I could check into at 9 am instead of 4 pm (regular check in time) so that I didn't have to shower in a gross hotel. They were very accommodating and the wedding was beautiful!

• Stayed: October 2011
Dcutillo, General Manager at Steele Hill Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2011

Thank you so much, it was a pleasure to have you as our guest and we are happy to hear that you enjoyed you time here as well as the wedding! We hope that you will be back to enjoy some more time with us!

Rob Robillard

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sanbornton
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tilton
The Summit Resort
The Summit Resort
#8 of 13 in Laconia
Fireside Inn & Suites at Lake Winnipesaukee

Been to Steele Hill Resorts? Share your experiences!