“Nice, clean rooms; excellent value”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Salem
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Salem
Hartford, Connecticut
“Nice, clean rooms; excellent value”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

We stayed at the Salem, NH, La Quinta for three nights in mid-May. The front desk staff was friendly and competent. The free breakfast was adequate with a selection of cereals, fruit, yogurt, oatmeal, juices and make-your-own waffles. Our room was clean with a very comfortable king bed and a new leather recliner. There was also an excellent flat screen TV. I noticed one recent review that said the hallway carpets looked like they hadn't ever been cleaned. I believe that to be completely untrue. We were there at the same time and the carpets in the rooms and halls were so clean that I thought they must have been new. Another bad review mentioned an unclean bathroom. Ours was spotless and shining. The housekeeping crew is very sweet and pleasant, but may need a bit more instruction on some of the details, but we had no problem. The roads nearby are somewhat torn up due to current repairs, but easily drivable. When the construction is over shortly, they should be quite good. Also, lots of restaurants and all kinds of shopping are within a 5-8 minute drive. The La Quinta is just off I-93, so is a very convenient location for the traveler. I noticed the couple of recent bad reviews recommended going across the street to the much more expensive hotel. Hmmmmm?

Room Tip: Rooms on the west side might be a bit quieter, since they are further from the interstate.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed May 15, 2013

LIfted up the seat to see the bowl covered i nsemi-dry urine. Very nice.
Also no soap or shampoo. I went down to get more, and some scary loud guy
asks "What do you need bro?" I thought he was some thug from the steeet.
He throws me a bunch of stuff I don' tneed and yells at me to take up handfuls of soap
and shampoo "just in case".
There won't be a just in case - as I'll never set foot in here again. Utterly disgusting.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank MatteoLC

Travelers are raving about these Salem hotels

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 14, 2013

You get what you pay for. Room was adequate. Having wads of wet toilet paper thrown at my car and every other person's car was an unexpected perk for everyone. To be fair, that was more the Clientele that night and less the hotel, but not one hotel employee rushed out to stop it until about 1130pm when Salem Police had to intervene. But this still did not stop the public drunkenness of said clientele. But again, you get what you pay for. Don't be cheap, just go to the holiday inn across the street to avoid this happening to you. I hate to say bad things but the rates here seem to attract this type of activity. I needed a quiet nights sleep when work forces me to stay in town and I get this... I won't be going again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank JSaran550
Worcester, MA
Reviewed May 13, 2013

very nice and clean, enjoyed the breakfast and friendly staff. Exterior was a little messy but cleaned up in the morning. The breakfast area was well stocked and clean The room was clean but a little noisy it was a weekend maybe a group in a nice place to stop for the night. Nice time in NH

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Rob4263
Seabrook, New Hampshire
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Not a place we would ever go back to.When we checked in and went to the rom it hadn't even been cleaned,this was 3pm,we did get another room,the toilet was dirty,the furniture was from the 60's I think all worn out.when my daughter got there Friday night they had her down for sat. and sun. night!! they ended up getting a smoking room and it was disgusting,thats putting it nicely,smelled real bad of fish,bed spread was full of huge stains,carpet was soaked,toilet dirty,the halls looked like they had never been cleaned.I could gone on with more but I think you got the idea,,Stay across the street!!

Room Tip: Across the street !
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 Thank seabee675
Winsted
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Room is always fairly clean,front desk friendly,beds are comfortable.
My gripe is,you do not have a refrigerator or microwave????It's 2013 and when you are traveling and eating out,you need these 2 items.Because of sickness in the family,we have to take numerous trips there and stay sometimes a week at a time.Of course we have left overs and bring our half and half for morning coffee.We used the window,open a llitle as a cooler,which will change,now that summer is approaching.
They need to start investing in them and slowly get them in each room.
It is a must have with families.I'm sure others feel the same way.

Room Tip: Rooms are all nice,for the price.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salem
Red Roof Inn Salem
Red Roof Inn Salem
#2 of 4 in Salem
Holiday Inn Salem (I-93 at exit 2)
Park View Inn Inc.
Park View Inn Inc.
#1 of 4 in Salem
Days Hotel & Conference Center - Methuen MA
Hampton Inn Haverhill
Hampton Inn Haverhill
#1 of 2 in Haverhill
Best Western Merrimack Valley

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Salem? Share your experiences!